Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#641 » by HIF » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:09 am

Newcastle 2 Leicester 1
Everton 1 Leicester 1

Well it's clear that Brendan has mailed in the league in order to give us a little better chance in Europe. Against Newcastle he changed 8 players and for the first half we played like it. They really were not on the same wavelength. it didn't stop us dominating a poor Newcastle side and the win should have been a formality but Leicester had no cutting edge at all and wasted so many possibilities. Then they allowed Newcastle to score a scrappy goal and then another 5 minutes into injury time. I'm so glad I didn't pay to go all the way to Newcastle for that effort. Last night 7 players were changed - so we had a pretty strong team - probably only Vardy, N'Didi and JJ missing from our strongest lineup. First 15 minutes were some of the best football I've seen in years and the 1 goal lead should have been so much bigger. Total domination of a pathetic Everton side, who ran hard, but again no cutting edge and multiple missed chances. 4 minutes into injury time Everton lump one up front, get a deflection and it's 1-1. Manu, Newcastle and Everton have been such poor teams that 9 points and a +14 GD should have been easily possible. Instead 2 points and a negative GD. I'm sorry to Burnley who should've been just a win from safety.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#642 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:59 pm

May the best team win on Saturday HIF :nod:
HIF
RealGM

Post#643 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:24 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:May the best team win on Saturday HIF :nod:

You'll be playing our second 11.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#644 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:10 am

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:May the best team win on Saturday HIF :nod:

You'll be playing our second 11.

We NEED to play your second 11 Lool and even then I’m not too sure
HIF
RealGM

Post#645 » by HIF » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:24 am

Leicester 0 Villa 0

7 changes, on the beach.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#646 » by LDNMagic90 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:52 pm

HIF wrote:Leicester 0 Villa 0

7 changes, on the beach.

Man what a boring game we both played lol, it was two teams that just seemed comfortable at this point in the season.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Villa seriously need to have one eye open because we could get dragged into the relegation spot(highly unlikely). It’s been such a sh*t show of a season from us, we have a lot of issues to address this summer.
HIF
RealGM

Post#647 » by HIF » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:33 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:

7 changes, on the beach.

Man what a boring game we both played lol, it was two teams that just seemed comfortable at this point in the season.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Villa seriously need to have one eye open because we could get dragged into the relegation spot(highly unlikely). It’s been such a sh*t show of a season from us, we have a lot of issues to address this summer.

I was surprised at how poor you were. I guess it was because you are "safe". We just had no cutting edge or no will to cut.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#648 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:01 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

7 changes, on the beach.

I was surprised at how poor you were. I guess it was because you are "safe". We just had no cutting edge or no will to cut.

I’m not, it’s a mixture of our players and Gerrard. For me the jury is still out on Gerrard, but he hasn’t got his team yet so it’ll be unfair if we were to sack him. However a good manager adapts their tactics and formations and he’s not really done so. After the summer I’ll judge him properly if we get the signings right (need a whole new midfield except Ramsey) and start the season properly he’ll do fine.

I had a feeling this season would go to sh*t because of Grealish leaving, then John Terry leaving along with another one of our top coaches stepping away. Then us sacking Dean Smith it’s been a horrid season for us.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#649 » by stormi » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:50 pm

The next Everton
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#650 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:04 pm

stormi wrote:The next Everton

Neither team are, Everton’s problem is that they signed overrated players like Iwobi, Richarlison, Gomes etc. They spent big on those players, instead of players with upside.

Both Villa and Leicester produce/sign some good to great youth prospects and allow them to grow into the team. With Villa in particular on promotion they had to buy a whole squad, mainly due to not having any players contracted to the club because of loan and expired contracts. Then last season losing Grealish was always going to be a problem and since then have been in transition.

Both teams will be fine if they continue to add to their decent squads. If anything Wolves future looks more uncertain, their owner doesn’t want to put money forward and might look for a way out. They could be one of the teams selling a lot of their best players.
stormi
General Manager

Post#651 » by stormi » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:10 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:

Neither team are, Everton’s problem is that they signed overrated players like Iwobi, Richarlison, Gomes etc. They spent big on those players, instead of players with upside.

Both Villa and Leicester produce/sign some good to great youth prospects and allow them to grow into the team. With Villa in particular on promotion they had to buy a whole squad, mainly due to not having any players contracted to the club because of loan and expired contracts. Then last season losing Grealish was always going to be a problem and since then have been in transition.

Both teams will be fine if they continue to add to their decent squads. If anything Wolves future looks more uncertain, their owner doesn’t want to put money forward and might look for a way out. They could be one of the teams selling a lot of their best players.

Life after Vardy could be concerning for Lester who for years were almost making a case for being apart of the 'top 6' over the past half-ish decade.

Their pillars in goal, in defense and up front -- Kasper, Johnny Evans and Vardy respectfully are all 34 or 35 years of age.

Selling off Wes Fofana (to Chelsea) for 80 million is necessary and then using that money to bring in more impact players. They could use a retooling.
HIF
RealGM

Post#652 » by HIF » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:35 am

stormi wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Life after Vardy could be concerning for Lester who for years were almost making a case for being apart of the 'top 6' over the past half-ish decade.

Their pillars in goal, in defense and up front -- Kasper, Johnny Evans and Vardy respectfully are all 34 or 35 years of age.

Selling off Wes Fofana (to Chelsea) for 80 million is necessary and then using that money to bring in more impact players. They could use a retooling.

Stormi badly wants fofana. The only way chelsea remain relevant is by purchasing Leicester players each year.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#653 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:38 am

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Stormi badly wants fofana. The only way chelsea remain relevant is by purchasing Leicester players each year.

Haha I didn't realise it was a thing you guys had lol, my bad.

Fofana would be a good signing for Chelsea, but I doubt he moves anytime soon he seems settled in Leicester and also Leicester waited for him to recover from his injury.
stormi
General Manager

Post#654 » by stormi » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:03 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Fofana is a baller.

Gvardiol/Fofana/Kounde. 2 are needed.
HIF
RealGM

Post#655 » by HIF » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:37 am

Leicester 1 Roma 1

Semi final first league Europe

Leicester dominated playing some wonderful passing football but once again failed to find the cutting edge and allowed a goal on one of very few Roma chances. This is the best football I've seen from Leicester in a long time and a 4-1 victory wouldn't have been unfair. Vardy came back for his second start of this year but was clearly not himself, Castagne got injured early on, Evans was immaculate, Madderz majestic, KDH steaming, kasper let one through his legs. Smalling and Abrahams were very good for Roma.

Kasper 5 should have saved the shot
Ricardo 7.5 best he has been defensively since his injury and great going forward
Fofana 6.5 made a few mistakes but still class
Evans 8 he is the most underrated player in the prem. How manu let him go can only be stupidity. he'd walk into their team even now.
Castagne 6.5 had a problem very early on
Tielemans 4.5 had a poor first half, too stationery, poor passing and marked out of the match, at fault for the goal, came good towards end of second half.
KDH 7 Tireless but a couple of misplaced passes
Maddison 8.5 looked class
Albrighton 4 worked hard but wasn't good
Lookman 7 he doesn't quite have it but he's putting in the effort to make up for it
Vardy 6 first game back, a worry for them but well off the pace.

JJ 7.5 played well
Nacho 6 didn't do a lot
Barnes 7 didn't do much but when he got the ball he was dangerous
Perez 4 nothing

We have to go to the Roman Arena and fight the gladiators on their own turf. But Foxes never quit, we can get to Albania.

HIF
RealGM

Post#656 » by HIF » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:39 am

Having played 12 fixtures in 42 days Feb to March we are currently labouring through a run of 14 fixtures in 47 days. Some of our players have played 8 games in the last 26 days.

HIF
RealGM

Post#657 » by HIF » Sun May 1, 2022 6:05 am

Not sure why I'm looking forward to Leicester football today. This week is ALL about Thursday so we'll make 8 or so changes, play a mish mash of backups and against a rested and prepared Conté team. What could go wrong?

HIF
RealGM

Post#658 » by HIF » Sun May 1, 2022 1:01 pm

8 changes it is. Even Soumaré and Perez are playing - 6 different players to the last league game as well. This could be hideous.

HIF
RealGM

Post#659 » by HIF » Sun May 1, 2022 2:46 pm

Tottenham 3 Leicester 1

Can't be bothered to even put a team out to compete, I can't be bothered to write about it. One decidedly average team beat a second 11 that looked league 1.

HIF
RealGM

Post#660 » by HIF » Sun May 1, 2022 2:49 pm

Hopefully the last we see of Perez and Soumaré (at least) in a Leicester shirt.

Maybe Daka and Thomas are players for the future but other than that I only really want to see Castagne play more than a handful of games next season from that starting 11.

Return to The General Soccer Board