Transfer Thread 2021/22

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Re: Transfer Thread 2021/22 

Post#81 » by Baphomet » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:15 am

Spurs in talks with Watford and Lille for the sales of Sissoko and Aurier respectively. Would most likely clear up some funds and roster spots to possibly acquire one of McKennie/Aouar, and Tomiyasu.

I know that I joke about him all the time, but I genuinely hope Sissoko bosses it at Watford. Despite his limitations on the pitch he's been a great pro at Spurs.

Don't know if Ronaldo to City will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. Goes to show how plastic the top end of football really is.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,488

Post#82 » by Foye » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:55 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:If PSG is a clever club, they will accept that offer. Otherwise, Mbappe will come to Madrid without any compensation.

It seems Sergio Ramos wasn't wrong when he told his former team members at Real to not waste a minute thinking about salary reductions due to COVID because the savings will only go right into Mbappe. :lol:
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#83 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:57 am

Foye wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:If PSG is a clever club, they will accept that offer. Otherwise, Mbappe will come to Madrid without any compensation.

It seems Sergio Ramos wasn't wrong when he told his former team members at Real to not waste a minute thinking about salary reductions due to COVID because the savings will only go right into Mbappe.
TBH, the Spanish media have always alluded to the fact that the only major signings this year would be Alaba + Mbappe if he were available.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,675

Post#84 » by rapstarter » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Yeah it's just that the optics aren't great when Perez was warning about the great collapse of European football only a few months ago when he wanted to start the Super League.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,505

Post#85 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:57 pm

CR back to United! Unreal.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Foye

Transfer Thread 2021/22 

Post#86 » by Foye » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm

The likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Atletico and whole Serie A surely can be considered the losers of the transfer window.

Winners: Chelsea, ManU and PSG.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by Baphomet » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:43 pm

rapstarter wrote:Yeah it's just that the optics aren't great when Perez was warning about the great collapse of European football only a few months ago when he wanted to start the Super League.

To be fair, I don't think optics ever factored into any decision made involving the super league or its fallout. The whole thing was a disgusting debacle.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Baphomet » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:44 pm

That's Messi, Kane and Ronaldo that City have missed out on this window.

You love to see it.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#89 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:45 pm

TBH, it wouldn't surprise if PSG refused to budge on releasing Mbappe.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#90 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:12 am

Foye wrote:The likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Atletico and whole Serie A surely can be considered the losers of the transfer window.

I can understand your winners, and obviously someone has to be the loser. I'm intrigued to know more about your losers list. Could you expound?

For me, Bayern always does shrewd business. I'm not sure how the relationship with Alaba deteriorated, but after nearly a decade maybe he just wanted a new challenge. Kissing the Real badge after a single match suggests it was more personal, though.

Dortmund is justified in holding firm on their valuation for Haaland, and they made 1100% profit on Sancho.

Barcelona was a comedy of errors all summer. I always wondered how they were going to afford to keep Messi, the numbers never added up for me. As it turned out, I was right, they didn't have the money (according to FFP) to keep him. They demonized and ostracized Griezmann, Umtiti, Pjanic, Coutinho and others to encourage their buyout or transfer, and now they wonder why those players aren't filled with enthusiasm to lead this club.

Atlético... maybe I'm biased, I see their offseason as a positive. They might have overpaid a bit for De Paul, but he was low-key amazing last season. I hope they don't sell Saúl, but if they do, it sounds like they'll fetch a nice price for him. They didn't sell Trippier, which surprises me, but we don't need to move him, and he's brilliant. Did we fail to get someone, that places us in the loser category?

Serie A (really, Calcio A) are perpetually an eye roll from me, but that didn't mean they are losers. They buy low and sell high every year, take more expensive clubs' reclamation projects and boost their form. They are the best managers and trainers in the world.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Foye

Transfer Thread 2021/22 

Post#91 » by Foye » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:57 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Foye wrote:The likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Atletico and whole Serie A surely can be considered the losers of the transfer window.

I can understand your winners, and obviously someone has to be the loser. I'm intrigued to know more about your losers list. Could you expound?

For me, Bayern always does shrewd business. I'm not sure how the relationship with Alaba deteriorated, but after nearly a decade maybe he just wanted a new challenge. Kissing the Real badge after a single match suggests it was more personal, though.

Dortmund is justified in holding firm on their valuation for Haaland, and they made 1100% profit on Sancho.

Barcelona was a comedy of errors all summer. I always wondered how they were going to afford to keep Messi, the numbers never added up for me. As it turned out, I was right, they didn't have the money (according to FFP) to keep him. They demonized and ostracized Griezmann, Umtiti, Pjanic, Coutinho and others to encourage their buyout or transfer, and now they wonder why those players aren't filled with enthusiasm to lead this club.

Atlético... maybe I'm biased, I see their offseason as a positive. They might have overpaid a bit for De Paul, but he was low-key amazing last season. I hope they don't sell Saúl, but if they do, it sounds like they'll fetch a nice price for him. They didn't sell Trippier, which surprises me, but we don't need to move him, and he's brilliant. Did we fail to get someone, that places us in the loser category?

Serie A (really, Calcio A) are perpetually an eye roll from me, but that didn't mean they are losers. They buy low and sell high every year, take more expensive clubs' reclamation projects and boost their form. They are the best managers and trainers in the world.

Purely talking about UCL chances, not business or domestic league:

Winners:
PSG:
Messi, Donnarumma, Ramos, Hakimi, Wijnaldum. Got better. Might become contender (depends on whether Messi and Neymar actually defend).
Chelsea: Filled major weakness with Lukaku. Good squad and might get even better. Continue to be contender for UCL
ManU: CR7, Sancho, Varane - much improved.
Real: Might be winners if they get Mbappe but still pretenders.

Losers:
Bayern: Alaba for Upamecano is a sideways move at best. Key players like Neuer, Lewandowski and Müller are already old. Not enough depth at the wings (Sane sucks), CF and defense is shaky. Pretender like last year.
Dortmund - Lost Sancho and were already a pretender last season.
Juve - Lost CR7: pretender at best like last year.
Inter - Lost Lukaku, Hakimi: pretender like last year.
Milan - Lost Donnarumma pretender at best.
ManCity - 117 Mil. for a tiny upgrade in Grealish was insane. Still no CF. Contender but didnt get better.
Barca: Pretender with Messi, certainly pretender without him.
Atletico: Pretender last year, Suarez is getting too old and they dont have any other reliable striker at that level. Cunha wont help either. Flawed player.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#92 » by stormi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Sane literally died once he left City. It's sad because he was looking like such a special player for a bit.

Maybe Musiala can grab the torch.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#93 » by SgtPepper » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:43 am

So far I only think PSG and Tottenham have been clear winners. With PSG I think they over-signed midfielders, but that's mitigated by the fact that they have so many short term free transfer signings and that FFP is strategically more dead than ever by UEF'A's response to covid.

Man Utd over-signed by getting Ronaldo, and I think in the long term that will be worse for their frontline. They should have protected Greenwood and James IMO, and groomed the rest of the forwards for sale. Last season Bruno was their most prolific attacker. It's as if they are shooting their CL shot this season after a whole decade of being nowhere close to a continental title. It's a win for Ronaldo. Let's see if Sancho replicates form. Pulisic is barely rotated at Chelsea now, and most of the German forward sales into other leagues haven't translated into similar production. Varane is probably a large improvement.

I think the EPL signing of Serie A strikers, a transition which has usually seen form regressions, hints that European clubs are desperate for breakout striker talent.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#94 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 pm

I'm not surprised that Mbappé stayed. PSG could not get him to agree to an extension, but they are correct in attempting to keep their Dynasty core together. The thought of losing a $200mil player for nothing is truly frightening, but "scared money don't make no money".

I was pleased to see Griezmann return to Atlético. Barcelona was desperate for wage relief, and Antoine fits our attacking needs so well. I'm sad to see Saúl go, but I understand his frustration with the lack of a consistent role. Simeone loves versatility, but he chases players away by relying on it too much.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#95 » by SgtPepper » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Early days perhaps, but it's pretty interested how much PSG and Utd are struggling to integrate Messi and Ronaldo effectively. I considered PSG the favorite for the CL after the Messi signing, but Poo, Chels, and Bayern seem a tier above. PSG's issues seem more about Pocch figuring out formations where you can have multiple of Mbappe/Messi/Neymar when all of them suck at defense.

Ronaldo is really ornery from a tactical pov and I'm surprised the press are banging about Ole's performances when their attacking setup was clearly more affected and unbalanced by putting Ronaldo in.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,358

Post#96 » by Shaazzam » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:32 pm

I have a silly question about release clauses. Say for example Haaland has a release clause and there are 10 teams that want to buy him. Do each of those teams only have to pay the value of the clause, to the team, and then come to personal terms with the player? Like Borussia isn't able to swing any more dough out of the deal than the clause, right?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#97 » by HIF » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:09 am

Shaazzam wrote:I have a silly question about release clauses. Say for example Haaland has a release clause and there are 10 teams that want to buy him. Do each of those teams only have to pay the value of the clause, to the team, and then come to personal terms with the player? Like Borussia isn't able to swing any more dough out of the deal than the clause, right?

In Theory , yes.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,358

Post#98 » by Shaazzam » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:06 pm

HIF wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:I have a silly question about release clauses. Say for example Haaland has a release clause and there are 10 teams that want to buy him. Do each of those teams only have to pay the value of the clause, to the team, and then come to personal terms with the player? Like Borussia isn't able to swing any more dough out of the deal than the clause, right?

In Theory , yes.

lol, that's a fair answer. this is world football we're talking about here :)

thanks HIF
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#99 » by HIF » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:57 pm

Any big transfers this January?

I'm guessing Newcastle will bring in 6 past it players to bolster their relegation fight.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#100 » by The_Brecht » Tue Jan 4, 2022 8:28 am

HIF wrote:Any big transfers this January?

I'm guessing Newcastle will bring in 6 past it players to bolster their relegation fight.

Trippier seems like the first.
Also talks of Digne, Barkley, Aubameyang.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to The General Soccer Board