The Official French Ligue 1 Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,480

Re: AW: RE: Re: The Official French Ligue 1 Thread 

Post#161 » by Foye » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:23 pm

DD12 wrote:
Foye wrote:Of course Lavezzi is going to China. The guy always struck me as one of the least motivated and most cash-hungry players around. :lol:

He is an awful player. No idea how and why PSG got him in the first place.

I have seen probably 6-8 Ligue 1 matches with PSG in recent years. He flat out didnt run and care at all in every single one of them. I have never seen a less motivated player than him lol.

UCL he seemed a bit more motivated but as soon as it got to important games he disappeared once again.
Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,659

Re: The Official French Ligue 1 Thread 

Post#162 » by Baphomet » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:29 pm

I remember him being pretty good at Napoli, though. Haven't really watched him since he moved to PSG, outside of the odd CL appearance.

Lavezzi, Cavani and Hamsik were pretty sick together at Napoli.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#163 » by Ted Lasso » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:24 pm

DD12 wrote:
Foye wrote:Of course Lavezzi is going to China. The guy always struck me as one of the least motivated and most cash-hungry players around. :lol:

Sorry, Massimo, but I have to do this while I'm around. It's a tradition :D

DD12 wrote:If you think about it. Lavezzi is very similar to Suarez.

Ted Lasso wrote:Lavezzi is about one-tenth the player Suarez is.

DD12 wrote:I love how people's opinions are changing in 6 months of a great performance.

Suarez has been playing superb but there is no way he will keep up at this level. The guy has some mental weakness and problems where you can't really rely on him. He will give you everything and then he does some stupid stuff where FA bans him for 3-4 games and those 3-4 games will cost you the season.

Since his value is super high, getting 42+Lavezzi would be a great business for them. If you put Lavezzi up front, he will score bunch of goals for sure. There is not much difference between Suarez and Lavezzi when they are playing their standard level of football where I consider performance decline from Suarez pretty soon.
Foye

Re: AW: RE: Re: The Official French Ligue 1 Thread 

Post#164 » by Foye » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:12 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
DD12 wrote:

DD12 wrote:I love how people's opinions are changing in 6 months of a great performance.

Suarez has been playing superb but there is no way he will keep up at this level. The guy has some mental weakness and problems where you can't really rely on him. He will give you everything and then he does some stupid stuff where FA bans him for 3-4 games and those 3-4 games will cost you the season.

Since his value is super high, getting 42+Lavezzi would be a great business for them. If you put Lavezzi up front, he will score bunch of goals for sure. There is not much difference between Suarez and Lavezzi when they are playing their standard level of football where I consider performance decline from Suarez pretty soon.

Lmao. Cant and1 on my phone but this might easily be the post of the year.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Baphomet » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:20 pm

Ted comes back and immediately puts Massimo on blast. :lol:

Doesn't miss a beat, that lad.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#166 » by DD12 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:56 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
DD12 wrote:

Haha you know what? it was a good try but again there is really not much there. I was just getting out of the office and saw this.

I used to rate Lavezzi as a good player but I am irritated by his ethics. Especially after he moved to PSG, he always talked **** about Napoli, he seems completely comfortable with not being able to play as long as he collects his checks from the club. At once, he had a conflict with Argentinian Federation and he said he doesn't care about national team at all. I hate the players with this kind of attitude. These stuff certainly changed my opinion about him.

What I said about Suarez is still right. You can't really depend on him. I mean he went to Barcelona to play with Messi and Neymar in which he struggled in his first season and everyone questioned if he was the right guy for the team. Then they got started playing much better. I am sure if he stayed at Liverpool, he would never ever become this good - or to say he would never become a consistent world class player that he is today. Surely, there is a huge part with his teammates as most of them are world class players. I mean any average player would do well in that team just like Bojan Krkic who is playing where??? now and Pedro who is sitting at the worst Chelsea's bench.

Again, I guess this was a post from I don't know how many years ago but my expectations from Lavezzi wasn't that much. 42 mil is not something unbelievable but was very good for Lavezzi. Over the course of three-four years, Suarez went to the best team and playing well - Lavezzi went after money and he got stuck in the bench. If we swap their teams, I am sure Lavezzi would be doing okay but I would still hate him because of his idiot attitude.

Nice try but not well done. Come back more often :) I wish I had time to go back to posts about 3 years ago lol I am sure there are bunch of gems right there.
Foye

Re: AW: The Official French Ligue 1 Thread 

Post#167 » by Foye » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:02 am

The only reason why he might've struggled is they played him on the wing instead of up front.

Now that they moved Messi to the wing and Suarez to CF it is evident he is the best CF in the world.

If he would still play for Liverpool he'd still destroy the EPL.

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#168 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:08 am

lol
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,264

Post#169 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:18 am

Suarez is the second or third best player in the world
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
King Julien
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#170 » by King Julien » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 pm

:D :D
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,176

Post#171 » by magik9113 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Balotelli scored twice with Nice in his first game. :clap: Keep it up Mario!!
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#172 » by El Turco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 pm

people still holding out hope for balotelli?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Baphomet » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Ligue 1 is probably his level imo.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 689

Post#174 » by Riko » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:13 pm

He is an impressive talent but he is a 12 years old in a body of a 26 years old. After 2012 I had great hope for him but...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#175 » by cgf » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:04 pm

His talent got over-rated because of his personality, but Favre's a great coach who has Nizza playing some beautiful football. That Koziello kid in particular has stuck out to me thus far. Would love for him to move to BMG after Dahoud is sold.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
NYCLaker
Junior
And1: 23

Post#176 » by NYCLaker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Balotelli was definitely destined to be world class. However, as someone mentioned, he is really a kid in a man's body.

Unlike most CFs these days, balotelli had very good technique combined with physical abilities. However, he or his takers should of done a better job with him...

Sadly, he might follow the footsteps of another Italian Great, who should of been best player in the world or at least one of....
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,176

Post#177 » by magik9113 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 pm

I think that if his talent was overrated it was because of his youth. He was a great striker who could score goals out of nothing.

Hell yea I'm still holding out hope for him....Pelle' is Italy's best striker and [no one saw that coming, and] he's only getting older. He also might lose his touch a bit now that he plays in China. I'd welcome Mario back to the team if the players were happy to
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#178 » by KornelDavidFan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:21 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Suarez is the second or third best player in the world

I can only agree if by player you mean striker.
He is definitely a top-5 striker along with Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,264

Post#179 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:30 pm

KornelDavidFan wrote:

He is definitely a top-5 striker along with Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.

Player
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#180 » by KornelDavidFan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:
KornelDavidFan wrote:

Player

Ok then cannot agree :D .

Return to The General Soccer Board