Is this a good time to sell Mbappe?

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

sovietchild
Sophomore
And1: 37

Is this a good time to sell Mbappe? 

Post#1 » by sovietchild » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:39 pm

His price tag is at around 200 million. But how long is that price tag going to last if more players like him will start to emerge? According to demand and supply, if more players like him start to emerge, then his stock should fall. And as we can all see, players like him are starting to emerge.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: Is this a good time to sell Mbappe? 

Post#2 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:35 pm

I would rather say it depends on the CL outcome. If PSG lose to Dortmund in the second leg, PSG can make a rebuild for the whole squad. Mbappe can to Madrid, Neymar can to Barcelona and other who don't fit into this team can leave the club.
PSG had so many various attemps and at least in the quarter finals they always get elimanted. In the national league Ligue 1, there's no competition for them and the only goal is to win the champions league...so to me i would decide on their Champions League outcome.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#3 » by HIF » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Any team with aspirations would be stupid the sell such a young and skilfull player. Those are the players you buy, not sell.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#4 » by SgtPepper » Thu Mar 5, 2020 11:25 pm

Barcelona can't afford Neymar anymore. PSG has no financial reason to sell and are in a more powerful position that clubs like Madrid and City in this regard. I do agree that PSG's contracts are set up in a way that the squad will explode in the next couple seasons if they fail to win the CL though.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by Foye » Fri Mar 6, 2020 12:46 pm

It's a good time to sell Neymar, not Mbappe.

Mbappe is straight cash for PSG. Young, french, marketable star who is scoring goals at an amazing rate. You don't sell that.

Neymar's career is already on the downhill trend. He is not as dominant anymore as he was 2-5 years ago and with each passing year he is getting more and more injury prone.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#6 » by The_Brecht » Fri Mar 6, 2020 12:48 pm

He should ask to leave that fraud club.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to The General Soccer Board