Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,517

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:01 am

wco81 wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:The wolves are circling around Salah now. Real wants him, and will prob get him from us. Seems like Real and Barca get whoever they want....eventually. I read that Real wants to trade Hazard back to us. No thanks.

Hazard has been oft-injured, and has yet to find his form at Real. He's yet to score a goal there. So let me get this straight: you want us to give you our block-buster striker who's absolutely tearing it up. And your gonna give us back your failed experiment?

I think Salah will eventually ask for a transfer. I dunno. It seems like this has been the perfect place for him, and we've won everything an individual team can possibly win. And we're looking like a pretty good team this season. So perhaps he does resist the temptation for Real. Sadly...it seems like everyone wants to goto Real or Barca, and be the king of the mountain.

If it does happen....they can keep their rubbish, and pay in cash. Lot's of cash. Lot's. We want the Coutinho deal again. Didn't work out for Barca....but it sure worked out for us (VVD waves)! If Real wanna drop $120-140mil.....I'll get over the loss. Would be a great way to get 2-3 younger legit talent onto the squad.

I don't even understand that. Real and Barca are in debt. I thought they were only after Neymar and even then they wouldn't pay what PSG wanted.

Real and Madrid, along with Man U and Bayern, were tops in revenues. But Liverpool can't be doing that bad, with all the CL games they've been playing. Plus Liverpool has a big worldwide following. Maybe not as big as those other clubs but still big.

And aren't Liverpool owners rich too?

Yeah if the player wants to move on, he can but unless he really prefers the lifestyle in Spain more, it would be puzzling. It was understandable when Ronaldo moved down to Madrid.

Maybe the Egyptian Messi wants to show he can do well in the same league as the real Messi. However, EPL seems to have more competitive teams at the moment whereas La Liga has 3 clubs at most and Barca are going to be down for awhile?

Salah is playing out of his mind now. But that doesn't mean it's sustainable. If he goes, then so be it. Players come & go. It's not really worth worrying about at this stage. If he leaves, then they'll bring someone in to replace him. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Remember when we all thought Coutinho would light the world on fire at Barca.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,384

Post#42 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Maybe Pool isn't willing to pay Salah as much as Real would.

Otherwise, not sure why he'd want to leave. He was just okay at Roma. That's why Liverpool got him for relatively little.

Klopp's system and the roster unlocked him.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#43 » by HIF » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:33 am

wco81 wrote:Maybe Pool isn't willing to pay Salah as much as Real would.

Otherwise, not sure why he'd want to leave. He was just okay at Roma. That's why Liverpool got him for relatively little.

Klopp's system and the roster unlocked him.

This is what players forget. Some systems and squads help them or simply make them look so much better. If you are surrounded by good players the opposition can't key on you and other player's qualities make you look better. Same for managers.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,650

Post#44 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Salah is playing out of his mind now. But that doesn't mean it's sustainable. If he goes, then so be it. Players come & go. It's not really worth worrying about at this stage. If he leaves, then they'll bring someone in to replace him. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Remember when we all thought Coutinho would light the world on fire at Barca.

Very true. I just want to make sure we don't do some swap for their cast-offs.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:17 pm

5-0 8-)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:59 pm

It seems the boys have that killer instinct back. Salah is absolutely mad at the moment.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:23 am

Cactus Jack wrote:It seems the boys have that killer instinct back. Salah is absolutely mad at the moment.

I loved that we kept the clean sheet. Attention to detail and discipline. Easy to get kinda sloppy in those moments. 5-0 is just a flogging from top to bottom. Handed them their arse....and gave them nothing. Loved it.
HIF
RealGM

Post#48 » by HIF » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:25 am

Cactus Jack wrote:It seems the boys have that killer instinct back. Salah is absolutely mad at the moment.

and no injuries.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,392

Post#49 » by Shaazzam » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:00 pm

well done, a total battering :P
that one stung a lot, but at least i was able to switch it off early
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Shaazzam wrote:well done, a total battering :P
that one stung a lot, but at least i was able to switch it off early

Yes...always a bummer to be on the other end. Respect for stopping by.

Curious if Ole survives this. I dunno...you guys actually had the first good chance. That first goal of ours coulda been disallowed. Ronoldo's goal was taken back because of a fingernail. There was a goal ( I think it was our 2nd) where you guys were pressing way too much, and got caught on the counter....but otherwise, I'm not sure his 'tactics' were too flawed. Couple of things go ever so slightly different, and this coulda been a totally different game.

5-0 at home....against the hated scousers. It's a rough one for the players and fans to just forget.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Cactus can attest to this: I wanted Klopp gone a few years back. We had double-digit draws 2 seasons in a row (many against subpar squads) and I was over it. Didn't think this guy was gonna get us anywhere. Man was I totally wrong. Thankfully it was the season before we won that I changed my tune. We got VVD...the defense got way better, and we came in second only to one Man-$ity's historic seaons. We didn't win, but on most seasons that woulda got the job done. So I was like "ok....we can do this"

First few years....we'd press press press press....and come January with that run of games, we'd be gassed. And the draws would start to mount...peppered with an occasional draw. I didn't see improvement, and I didn't see Klopp changing tactics. But we shored up our defense...and we did kinda chill on that crazy pressing we were doing. Slight changes here and there....and it all came together.

I guess my point is that Ole prob deserves a little more time. These things take a little. And I don't think ownership is doing him much favors. But patience is rare in sports. I doubt he makes it much longer. Sadly you have 4 more EPL games through NOV: tot, Man-City, Watford, and Chelsea. I don't think he survives that block of games.
wco81
RealGM

Post#52 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Klopp has won the EPL one season and a CL in his time at Liverpool.

Of course he has to keep winning trophies to keep his job but he's accomplished a lot.

It had been how long since Pool won the EPL before Klopp?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:24 pm

wco81 wrote:Klopp has won the EPL one season and a CL in his time at Liverpool.

Of course he has to keep winning trophies to keep his job but he's accomplished a lot.

A good 30 years. Want to say it was 87-88 when we last won the league (before it was called epl). Something like that. Technically our first EPL title....tells you how long it had been.
wco81
RealGM

Post#54 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm

I bet the owners think it's them spending more on players that presumably Klopp helped identify.

Pool has a huge international following, especially in the US.

But I wonder if their total revenues compare yet to Man U, Real, Barca. Though I suspect the US investors which own LFC probably will be content to flip the team if they get some billions in profits from a sale.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#55 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 am

HIF
RealGM

Post#56 » by HIF » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:21 pm

If Liverpool dropped into the bottom half then fans would be calling for Klopp's head.

wco81
RealGM

Post#57 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:44 pm

HIF wrote:

If Liverpool dropped into the bottom half then fans would be calling for Klopp's head.

Would that have happened if Man U dropped and Ferguson was still managing?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:54 pm

wco81 wrote:
HIF wrote:

The same way Arsenal fans treated Wenger on his way out. Ferguson left at just the right time.
HIF
RealGM

Post#59 » by HIF » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 am

wco81 wrote:
HIF wrote:

Yes. Especially in football today. I even heard some Leicester fans wanting Brendan out the before last week.

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#60 » by aggerrard » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:27 am

First post in some time on here. Great start to the season. We're playing much better than i expected, and Salah is out of this world right now. YNWA - and good game later today!

Return to The General Soccer Board