ImageImageImage

Game 17: Phoenix Suns (10-6) @ New York Knicks (9-6) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Re: Game 17: Phoenix Suns (10-6) @ New York Knicks (9-6) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#141 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:50 am

grumpysaddle wrote:Where's all the wet blanket posters now, though?

But they'll be back to piss on the parade the second we fall down because that's their character. But until then
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Re: Game 17: Phoenix Suns (10-6) @ New York Knicks (9-6) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#142 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:42 am

Start Goodwin! He's adjusted to a new team now and is doing everything we want.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#143 » by AtheJ415 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:07 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Credit to coach Vogel, his rotations and game management have been getting better by the game and its really shown itself with KD out.

Its not easy to manage a rotation when you go 11 deep like we do but I feel the minutes being given out has been earned by their play. Okogie has a longer leash than I like but then I can also understand that since he is the incumbent on this roster full of new parts.

Who would've thought playing KBD and Metu would fix a lot of our problems. And actually having certain players (hello Nurkic and Gordon) at least TRY to play defense?

Amazing what mediocre levels of effort can do to stop a team from getting railroaded in the 4th quarter. This is exactly why losing to the Spurs twice and the Lakers game were so inexcusable. It doesn't take a lot to win these when we get big leads and the Knicks are a much better team than the Spurs.

Book should be in MVP discussion. Okogie may need to sit more if Goodwin's shooting remains average.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,282

Post#144 » by King4Day » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:46 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:Where's all the wet blanket posters now, though?

This is what has turned me off from forums (people like this). All negative all the time.
I'm just popping in from time to time but have gotten burned out from it.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#145 » by King4Day » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:47 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Start Goodwin! He's adjusted to a new team now and is doing everything we want.

Probably better for him to run the bench, no?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#146 » by enigmatics » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:27 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Credit to coach Vogel, his rotations and game management have been getting better by the game and its really shown itself with KD out.

Its not easy to manage a rotation when you go 11 deep like we do but I feel the minutes being given out has been earned by their play. Okogie has a longer leash than I like but then I can also understand that since he is the incumbent on this roster full of new parts.

I'm still on the other side of the fence of this, especially regarding rotations. He has been FORCED to play certain guys and utilize new rotations due to a litany of injuries. I mean we had been calling for Metu playing time for how many weeks now? As far as game management is concerned, they're still routinely blowing double digit leads - albeit it does seem like Vogel is getting quicker at calling his timeouts. It's not something you can consistently get away with vs. top tier competition.

Booker's presence is the X-factor in this win streak. He has calmed things down and allowed guys to settle into their roles.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#147 » by garrick » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:42 pm

enigmatics wrote:

I'm still on the other side of the fence of this, especially regarding rotations. He has been FORCED to play certain guys and utilize new rotations due to a litany of injuries. I mean we had been calling for Metu playing time for how many weeks now? As far as game management is concerned, they're still routinely blowing double digit leads - albeit it does seem like Vogel is getting quicker at calling his timeouts. It's not something you can consistently get away with vs. top tier competition.

Booker's presence is the X-factor in this win streak. He has calmed things down and allowed guys to settle into their roles.

We've been beating teams we are supposed to be beating so the win streak while good is not a sign we are able to beat playoff teams in the west. Beal still being out and KD now out several games is concerning.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#148 » by King4Day » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:16 pm

garrick wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

We've been beating teams we are supposed to be beating so the win streak while good is not a sign we are able to beat playoff teams in the west. Beal still being out and KD now out several games is concerning.

While true, we did lose 2 to the Spurs and other close games (Lakers x2, Thunder, Philly), where we may have been able to take 1 or 2 had Booker played (I know he played the 2nd spurs game).

I agree it's nothing to get too excited about but what does excite me is that we are clearly seeing team improvements. The chemistry has noticeably been getting better.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,476

Post#149 » by sunskerr » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:58 pm

I'm just glad we learned to fully rest Book until he's actually healthy and not when he says he is lol

That injury protocol we had last year for him seemed like a joke.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#150 » by enigmatics » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:08 pm

The BLOCK PARTY continued in NY - just realized they had 11 in the game.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#151 » by King4Day » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:09 pm

sunskerr wrote:I'm just glad we learned to fully rest Book until he's actually healthy and not when he says he is lol

That injury protocol we had last year for him seemed like a joke.

Technically, we brought him back too soon this season too (spurs) which cost him another 7 games it seems. But it appears we, hopefully, learned from that mistake.
They really need to take care of him this season. He's injury prone, whether people like it or not.
We're not talking sprains or fluke contact injuries like Beal and KD have had the last couple seasons. We're talking pulled groins, calf, and hammy. Those are things that keep recurring and the true definition of 'injury prone'.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#152 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:07 pm

3rd seed with the big 3 missing 47% of games
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,812

Post#153 » by sunsbum » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:02 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
Maze wrote:Might not show in the stats, but I thought that was Nurk's best game as a Sun.He actually looked faster & more fluid.Even his defense was very good.

Nurk has been awesome for us. I don’t mean a jab at DA but he’s doing the little things that Ayton was not doing for us. I didn’t expect Nurk to hustle as hard as he does. He had four block shots tonight. He also tries to get offensive rebounds. His screens are solid as a rock. There are times where he brings the ball up for us, which is a huge plus for us. I’m happy he’s on our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With how hand-off heavy the NBA is now and perimeter focused our offense is, Nurk was absolutely the right choice over DA, even taking the other guys we got from the trade out of it. Nurks a great screener, great passer and generally makes good decisions. I don't think it's a coincidence both Book and KD are shooting such great percentages from the field this season even with so many new guys on the team, Nurk makes life easier for them. I can just envision DA in this offense clogging the lane for our guards looking to get his midrange off(his only move)

I do have concerns about Nurks footspeed on D in the games that matter. But Jokic and the Nuggets showed you can protect a slow footed big if the rest of the defense is in sync. And like Joker, Nurk is positionally very solid on D and also boxes out like a champ.

It's interesting that Nurk is actually VERY quick up and down the court, like the guy has some serious speed but when it comes to moving horizontally its the opposite. Regardless, I'm over the moon with how he's been playing.
I hate this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#154 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:46 pm

sunsbum wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Nurk has been awesome for us. I don’t mean a jab at DA but he’s doing the little things that Ayton was not doing for us. I didn’t expect Nurk to hustle as hard as he does. He had four block shots tonight. He also tries to get offensive rebounds. His screens are solid as a rock. There are times where he brings the ball up for us, which is a huge plus for us. I’m happy he’s on our team.

With how hand-off heavy the NBA is now and perimeter focused our offense is, Nurk was absolutely the right choice over DA, even taking the other guys we got from the trade out of it. Nurks a great screener, great passer and generally makes good decisions. I don't think it's a coincidence both Book and KD are shooting such great percentages from the field this season even with so many new guys on the team, Nurk makes life easier for them. I can just envision DA in this offense clogging the lane for our guards looking to get his midrange off(his only move)

I do have concerns about Nurks footspeed on D in the games that matter. But Jokic and the Nuggets showed you can protect a slow footed big if the rest of the defense is in sync. And like Joker, Nurk is positionally very solid on D and also boxes out like a champ.

It's interesting that Nurk is actually VERY quick up and down the court, like the guy has some serious speed but when it comes to moving horizontally its the opposite. Regardless, I'm over the moon with how he's been playing.

If you love Nurk then I love Nurk.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#155 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 pm

sunsbum wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Nurk has been awesome for us. I don’t mean a jab at DA but he’s doing the little things that Ayton was not doing for us. I didn’t expect Nurk to hustle as hard as he does. He had four block shots tonight. He also tries to get offensive rebounds. His screens are solid as a rock. There are times where he brings the ball up for us, which is a huge plus for us. I’m happy he’s on our team.

Truly the Bosnian bear. Ever seen a bear move side to side ?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,049

Post#156 » by TeamTragic » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:35 pm

enigmatics wrote:

Blessing in disguise
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#157 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:38 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Truly the Bosnian bear. Ever seen a bear move side to side ?

Return to Phoenix Suns