Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Re: Jordan Goodwin thread! 

Post#41 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:46 am

sunskerr wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Reporter: A 6'3 guard getting 10 rebounds a game! How DO you get all those rebounds?
Goodwin: Ahhh just the motor

SLU head coach: an incredible desire to do it and a great feel for the game. You're going to have the will and want first.

:nod:

It always amazes me that you could be like a local legend, a college star and still go undrafted.

Man, I don’t know what that is. Motor? Come on, I play both ends of the floor.

ok, low hanging fruit I know. Let me have a laugh. Fans and not fans please dont run with this.

The rest of that quote was super cringe, I felt the second-hand embarrassment. Like it feels like he thought it was a real zinger for the reporters

My name is ‘Dominayton.’ I anchor the Phoenix Suns on both ends the floor. Motor? Really? You want to talk about motor, man. Nope, I run on Tesla battery. Fully charged.

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,178

Post#42 » by bigfoot » Tue Oct 3, 2023 7:51 pm

;ab_channel=PhoenixSuns
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#43 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:55 am

6 steals, 8 rebounds in half a game

I thought he should be our 5th starter.
Waylay13
Rookie
And1: 904

Post#44 » by Waylay13 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:26 pm

I am a big fan of his game; he is just a solid player. I think he is going to be a big fan favorite this season.

Just say no to idiots!!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#45 » by Saberestar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:21 pm

I love what I have seen so far from him.

He is really good boxing out and has a nose to get boards out of his area.

He plays bigger than his size. Like Okogie he can defend bigger players and he is great creating havoc in the perimeter.

Nice player to have on a rookie contract because he is a perfect fit next to our premier scorers.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#46 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:47 pm

Goodwin plays like a vet out there in the sense that he just looks calm and confident. I'd love to see more of him on the offensive end
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#47 » by Saberestar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:07 am

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#48 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:17 am

Saberestar wrote:I love what I have seen so far from him.

He plays bigger than his size. Like Okogie he can defend bigger players and he is great creating havoc in the perimeter.

Nice player to have on a rookie contract because he is a perfect fit next to our premier scorers.

He's got a real nose for the ball and he's got some Ron Artest iron claws for hands on defense. Goodwin is good for a few extra possessions for us everytime he gets minutes.

As long as he can hit some shots hes definitely a plus for us and I'd like him to get consistent playing time. There is some overlap with Okogies skillset but I prefer Goodwin over JO as he's a better playmaker on both offense and defense and straight up more impactful. Okogie is a good athlete and hustle guy, but Goodwin has the potential to become a Caruso type.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#49 » by Saberestar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:44 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I love what I have seen so far from him.

He's got a real nose for the ball and he's got some Ron Artest iron claws for hands on defense. Goodwin is good for a few extra possessions for us everytime he gets minutes.

As long as he can hit some shots hes definitely a plus for us and I'd like him to get consistent playing time. There is some overlap with Okogies skillset but I prefer Goodwin over JO as he's a better playmaker on both offense and defense and straight up more impactful. Okogie is a good athlete and hustle guy, but Goodwin has the potential to become a Caruso type.

Yeah, I agree.

Here there is an stat that shows how big Goodwin (and Okogie) plays and why he can play multiple positions for real.

Here are the top players in offensive rebound %, 6'4" and under (min 200 minutes played):

1) Josh Okogie
2) Jordan Goodwin
3) Jrue Holiday
4) Gary Payton II
5) Jae'Sean Tate

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#50 » by Saberestar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:03 pm

BTW, here is an interesting and long scouting report from 2021. If you have the time is a good vid to watch about Goodwin.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#51 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:57 pm

Goodwin has been great this season so far and he's arguably got a better nose for the ball and BBIQ than Okogie who plays a very similar style to him. The other advantage over Okogie is that he has more versatility offensively. Still shakey with his 3PT shot but he's now right at league average (36%) and with his ability to attack closeouts to shoot nice floaters in the paint and also get offensive rebounds and putbacks, he just does far more out there.

He's also quietly become the 4th best playmaker out there behind Book, KD, and Nurk while having a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. He's tied for 3rd on the team in steals despite playing almost half the minutes that EG and Nurk have played. He's also 2nd on the team in defensive rating behind Nurk.

I loved when it was announced that he was thrown into the BB deal and loved his player profile but he's already surpassing my expectations of him in this first season with us.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,812

Post#52 » by sunsbum » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:49 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Goodwin has been great this season so far and he's arguably got a better nose for the ball and BBIQ than Okogie who plays a very similar style to him. The other advantage over Okogie is that he has more versatility offensively. Still shakey with his 3PT shot but he's now right at league average (36%) and with his ability to attack closeouts to shoot nice floaters in the paint and also get offensive rebounds and putbacks, he just does far more out there.

He's also quietly become the 4th best playmaker out there behind Book, KD, and Nurk while having a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. He's tied for 3rd on the team in steals despite playing almost half the minutes that EG and Nurk have played. He's also 2nd on the team in defensive rating behind Nurk.

I loved when it was announced that he was thrown into the BB deal and loved his player profile but he's already surpassing my expectations of him in this first season with us.

The "throw in's" to both trades this summer have been massive. Goodwin, Little and Allen have all been studs in their own right. JJ or Isiah Thomas, or Matt Ishibia..... whoever put these trades together absolutely killed it. And that with Beal not even playing!? wtf.
I hate this team.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by sunsbum » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:59 pm

sunsbum wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Goodwin has been great this season so far and he's arguably got a better nose for the ball and BBIQ than Okogie who plays a very similar style to him. The other advantage over Okogie is that he has more versatility offensively. Still shakey with his 3PT shot but he's now right at league average (36%) and with his ability to attack closeouts to shoot nice floaters in the paint and also get offensive rebounds and putbacks, he just does far more out there.

The "throw in's" to both trades this summer have been massive. Goodwin, Little and Allen have all been studs in their own right. JJ or Isiah Thomas, or Matt Ishibia..... whoever put these trades together absolutely killed it. And that with Beal not even playing!? wtf.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2023/11/29/23978118/how-the-throw-ins-solidified-phoenix-suns-depth-chart-grayson-allen-jordan-goodwin-nassir-little

Alright, show yourself you writing guy you.
I hate this team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#54 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:53 pm

sunsbum wrote:
sunsbum wrote:

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2023/11/29/23978118/how-the-throw-ins-solidified-phoenix-suns-depth-chart-grayson-allen-jordan-goodwin-nassir-little

BTW I got the quest 2 but they don't have NBA VR outside of the states.... :noway: :noway: :noway:
sunsbum
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by sunsbum » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:25 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
sunsbum wrote:

BTW I got the quest 2 but they don't have NBA VR outside of the states.... :noway: :noway: :noway:
Dude what!?! that sucks. I wonder if you can get a VPN, hook it into the pc and go through the oculus store that way? There's got to be a way around that right?
Download Bigscreen, its great for watching movies and live games in a movie theatre setting.
I hate this team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#56 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 am

sunsbum wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Dude what!?! that sucks. I wonder if you can get a VPN, hook it into the pc and go through the oculus store that way? There's got to be a way around that right?
Download Bigscreen, its great for watching movies and live games in a movie theatre setting.

Didn't think about VPN....Might have to look into it. It's kinda fun though. The hand tracking is kinda nuts. I think it would be cool but super dorky looking using it on a flight...or anywhere public lol
sunsbum
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by sunsbum » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:BTW I got the quest 2 but they don't have NBA VR outside of the states.... :noway: :noway: :noway:

Didn't think about VPN....Might have to look into it. It's kinda fun though. The hand tracking is kinda nuts. I think it would be cool but super dorky looking using it on a flight...or anywhere public lol

I wouldnt use it in public but I'd take it on a flight for sure! Yea let me know if you have any questions about anything.
I hate this team.

Return to Phoenix Suns