ImageImageImage

Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM (

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,725

Re: Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM ( 

Post#161 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:05 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m glad Booker doesn’t have the s***ty attitude of “oh we’ve only played x amount of games together”.

I agree with what he says....they need to make their decisions faster. Like the .5 offense. Shoot or pass quickly. We don't really need iso unless absolutely necessary for some reason.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Re: Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM ( 

Post#162 » by darealjuice » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:05 am

PJ Tucker is incredibly washed up, I'd just let that dream die.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#163 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:14 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Other than the Inside the NBA guys, nobody else has been noticing how terrible this has gone for the Suns this season. Hopefully KOC and more national guys get in on this to put more pressure on Vogel/Jones/Ishbia.

Pressure to do what? There is not much they can do. They went all in. It's like going all in in Poker, losing it all and saying "We better start taking this seriously"...a little late.

We basically just have to hope it gets better. Unless some team wants Nassir Little.

At least we have our draft pick this year. We better nail that. It's too bad it doesn't appear to be a great class. The two Kentucky guards look good, Dillingham and Shephard, but they will probably be gone.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#164 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:15 am

darealjuice wrote:PJ Tucker is incredibly washed up, I'd just let that dream die.

I figured he was. Thought he was a few years ago. But we need that type of mentality somewhere.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Post#165 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:We clearly need to sort out our 4th quarter woes but I want to see more of the Big 3 playing in the 4th before potentially trading a guy like Grayson Allen for a PG. I'm all for adding a PG but what we have to trade is fairly limited so to get something good, would require giving up something good. I do think we've played with a lot more rhythm and ball moment since Beal has been back. A lot of the stagnation I feel lies in Book trying to run plays. I've mentioned before, I'm fine with a few of these possessions down the line when we're looking chaotic but it shouldn't/can't be our default offense which is what the 4th quarter seems to default to. I like the ball in Beal's hands a lot more not because he's a better passer or playmaker but I think he just makes faster decisions and keeps the ball movement. Book calls for screens then takes his time to see what the defense gives him whereas Beal is more keen to force an action from the defense.

If we didn't have Allen this year we'd have a few more losses. If someone would have told you him and KD are both shooting over 47% from 3, you'd think our team was killing it.

We can't trade Allen for some average pg. I like Tyus Jones but they won't want Allen. They want draft compensation. We will need to hit in the draft.

It would be a huge bonus if Nassir Little broke out somehow. Tucker is upset at playing time. I don't know how good he is at this point but at least he has the right mentality.

I personally think these lack of PG issues are more regular season issues but once the playoff comes around (assuming we're in), those Big 3 minutes are going to sitting at 36mpg+, our rotations are going to tighten up and potential Tyus Jones/PG minutes are likely going to reduce a fair bit.

A defensive wing who brings toughness, size and versatility on defense would be someone we could use because those are far and few in between right now. Our defensive wings like Little, KBD and Yuta are all too inconsistent and not quite good enough defensively to play significant playoff minutes. I still like Okogie a lot but the guy was damn near unplayable in the playoffs last year because he couldn't shoot.

I'm on the fence with PJ. I acknowledge he's old and not what he used to be but I do think he has value on a playoff team because you can trust him defensively and he brings toughness and versatility that we're severely lacking on the wings.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#166 » by darealjuice » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Other than the Inside the NBA guys, nobody else has been noticing how terrible this has gone for the Suns this season. Hopefully KOC and more national guys get in on this to put more pressure on Vogel/Jones/Ishbia.

Pressure to do what? There is not much they can do. They went all in. It's like going all in in Poker, losing it all and saying "We better start taking this seriously"...a little late.

We basically just have to hope it gets better. Unless some team wants Nassir Little.

At least we have our draft pick this year. We better nail that. It's too bad it doesn't appear to be a great class. The two Kentucky guards look good, Dillingham and Shephard, but they will probably be gone.

We can make trades. Drafting isn’t really our MO anyways.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,316

Post#167 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:29 am

And it shows
What ? Me Worry ?
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 856

Post#168 » by Desertfox » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:02 am

Trade what?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,186

Post#169 » by sunsbg » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:18 am

All of Big 3 playing and still eaten alive by Morant-less Grizzlies ? Not good at all.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#170 » by AtheJ415 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:00 am

darealjuice wrote:PJ Tucker is incredibly washed up, I'd just let that dream die.

We need somebody on the bench who will demand people play hard and demand they do the little things correctly. I have always hated Tucker's skillset. I don't want him on the team, but we need somebody who will bring energy and toughness to this team because our lazy ass prima donnas and terrible coaching will never demand it. And apparently we're too cool for it.

We lose every energy related stat by a landslide despite not being undersized. We don't rebound. We don't get loose balls. We are lazy on turnovers
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,989

Post#171 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:23 am

"We got to close it out. We got to be better, especially me. I take a lot of that blame at the end of the game. Bad turnover. Missed some shots. Missed a layup."

Read on Twitter

At least he recognized his faults.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,422

Post#172 » by Puff » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:25 am

There is one consistent in all this crap. Our Defensive Championship Coach. He is just freaking awful. If I were the owner both he and James Jones would not be making the plane ride to LA.

Hell, make Isaiah head coach, he really cannot be worse. Someone has to hold ALL these players accountable for playing hard and smart. Our championship coach has proven he is not up to the task. It really appears that they do not like each other.

This is probably the most disappointing team I have ever followed.

Hell the Cardinals finished 4 and 13 and were great fun to watch. They have young players that play hard and really appear to like each other. They have a coach that loves his players and they seem to love him back.

Yeah, it used to be that way with Monty and the twins. Now we are trash with no competitive fire. It is like we are going through the motions, including Book, KD and BBB.

Bring Back MDA anyone except for the clown we have given the head coaching job to.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,989

Post#173 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:12 am

Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Revived wrote:How long are you gonna keep saying it? We’ve been a team that can barely scrap by (AT BEST) against basically every team in the league since giving up our entire depth and being a top heavy team.

You didn’t realize that Saberestar & Jdiddy are basically Ishbia & Isiah? Both continue to preach “ we will be fine”.. “ things will change to please be patient”.. seriously are they too oblivious to see the obvious or what? This Suns team is very bad and even a 50 win season won’t make a difference cause I can guarantee we will get rocked in the playoffs by any team. The same mistakes we made during game 1 is happening during game 36. Turning the ball over, outrebounded, can’t close out 4th Q with a big lead. What a garbage team!!!

Saberstar is just a very positive guy. I’m pretty sure the Suns can get blown out by 50 each game for the season and he’ll say something like “It’s alright, at least we never lost by 60, we at least have next season”.

And I’m not mocking him, I think he has what people call “glass half full” approach. I think that’s a great mindset to have, even though it just isn’t realistic. But at the same time it’s way less stressful, way less gray hairs and he’ll probably live a lot longer in life.

He reminds me of Russell Wilson in a lot of ways, I think they have similar personalities.

Jdiddy, I have no idea what’s going on with him. He usually knows and realizes what’s going on it’s kinda mind boggling.

That’s true lol.
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by Puff » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:51 pm

Anyone else tired of hearing our "Championship Coach" brag about how hard KD works in practice.

Why doesn't he make him work that hard in the 4th quarter.

That is the most disgusting thing about this team. Of all things that this big 3 should be good at, is winning the 4th quarter of games. That is when the true talent should dominate.

You guys can argue about all the past bad trades Matt made, all day long, that is not changing anything. We are not going to get this magical point guard to guide us through the 4th quarter. It is up to the coach to convince these guys to play hard and the right way. We are the worst scoring team in the 4th quarter in the league. That cannot happen.

What happened to SLIM CHARLES and everything is going to be ok once Bradley Beal gets healthy. Quite frankly Beal is a joke. He may be worse than Vogel as our coach.

The only fix is to fire Vogel. There are no trades that are going to be available to fix this mess. What team would want anyone off this roster? That includes Booker at $50 MIl . We are Focked
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM ( 

Post#175 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

Read on Twitter

Watch these videos. This was a big reason why I wasn’t too upset about the loss yesterday. I know the game is judged on a W or L, but these are great looks. Booker/Beal/KD continue to make the right pass every time. Those three have to be more aggressive at times though. I still think the Suns will figure it out (as long as guys are healthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#176 » by Puff » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:15 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Watch these videos. This was a big reason why I wasn’t too upset about the loss yesterday. I know the game is judged on a W or L, but these are great looks. Booker/Beal/KD continue to make the right pass every time. Those three have to be more aggressive at times though. I still think the Suns will figure it out (as long as guys are healthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be kidding.

These guys have been going through the motions basically all season. There is absolutely no fire in them. They play like a bunch of mercenaries that collect their paycheck, buy more and more jewelry more and more cars, bigger and bigger homes, boats and airplanes, smile at the camera while not really giving a rat fook about playing hard and playing right.

I actually think this is what Booker wanted. He saw the other stars putting together super teams so he quite possibly was in on this total destruction of the team and future we once had. Now I said it, have at it.

I did not support any of the moves with the exception on Ayton trade and who knows that may turn out to be bad when all is said and done.

Not fun to be a Phoenix Suns fan these days.

Go Cardinals
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,186

Post#177 » by sunsbg » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:15 pm

Booker doesn't look happy with this superteam stuff though he's in the centre of it all. It worked in the playoffs with KD only, but there is something off this season. In this game he was standing several times around the logo at half court just watching KD do his stuff. I guess it was on purpose to draw Smart away, but with all the space on NBA court keeping your star offensive player out of the action is comical. Typical ISO ball with zero off ball movement. Immediately after final whistle he left in the opposite direction of the other players. A few games ago it was also noted he left thru visitors gate.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#178 » by Fifii » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:45 pm

Smart was the best player in this game , this is why we lose.

KD was pathetic in first quarter , Beal all game. Yeah I know KD back recently but this turnover from the Beal in last possession makes me angry.

Luke was similar player to our Grayson but KDB isn’t NBA player. In last season we had Warren who had flashes but Diop afer good start he rolls down.

Jock in PO was better in Drew now definitely , Okogie doesn’t made a progress from last season this is our bench.

We Ayton turned into Nurkic and this is good move and upgrade from last roster.

We don’t have picks to upgrade our roster , we have bad coach. If anything doesn’t change , we probably play in Play - In, great
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#179 » by Revived » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m glad Booker doesn’t have the s***ty attitude of “oh we’ve only played x amount of games together”.

I agree with what he says....they need to make their decisions faster. Like the .5 offense. Shoot or pass quickly. We don't really need iso unless absolutely necessary for some reason.

I feel like he’s not taking his own advice in the 4th qtr.

Return to Phoenix Suns