ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#181 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

sunskerr wrote:This is definitely the most miserable season I've experienced as a Suns fan. Even the Shannon Brown/Beasley team wasn't as miserable. We are old and irrelevant, capped out with arguably the worst contract in the league, no picks and no future.

This is the absolute worst position a franchise can ever be in, aside from moving or going under.

Here's the fatality to finish you off:

Read on Twitter

Literally everything we would have needed. PG, leadership, fight... a winner.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#182 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

[instagram][/instagram]
KdoubleDees23 wrote:First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center

Nurkic 7 ppg 8 rpg with absolute 0 defense !!!!

Ayton 22 ppg 12 rpg with a great defense!!!

Yep, even Ayton at 80% is better than this softie

:lol: These guys…

I still can’t believe there are Ayton fans. Actual dedicated fans :lol:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,097

Post#183 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

Calvin Klein wrote:[instagram][/instagram]

Better than being fan of Phoenix Dominaytons right now.

Truth is Big 3 are more like Big1.5 and Nurk/Allen have been 0 in the playoffs. That's your starting lineup.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Post#184 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

Yep, there are dedicated fans who actually remember who the most important players on the road to the Finals were just the couple of seasons ago.

Now, I hope you enjoy current boring, zero chemistry team lead by our non-existent supermax star who got spanked at home again.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,133

Post#185 » by handsome salary » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

Ayton fans coming in to gloat? Why not. Add on to the misery and remind us all of what could be the worst mistake the Suns have ever made picking him at number one.

I truly believe this franchise was cursed with the coin flip. As long as Kareem still walks the Earth this organization and fanbase will never see a championship. Maybe even after he's gone. I've always heard the Suns compared to the Cubs in terms of letting down fans but they had already won it all before the curse of the Bambino. Suns...not once. They'll never be better than second place.

I've been giddy as a fan. I've been disappointed as fan. More often I've been desperate as a fan for 30 pus years waiting to see them finally win it all. I'm done. Time to move on with what I call important to my life.
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 499

Post#186 » by JDJ26 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

The Suns future for the rest of this decade :-?

Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#187 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm

handsome salary wrote:Ayton coming in to gloat? Why not. Add on to the misery and remind us all of what could be the worst mistake the Suns have ever made picking him at number one.

I truly believe this franchise was cursed with the coin flip. As long as Kareem still walks the Earth this organization and fanbase will never see a championship. Maybe even after he's gone. I've always heard the Suns compared to the Cubs in terms of letting down fans but they had already won it all before the curse of the Bambino. Suns...not once. They'll never be better than second place.

I've been giddy as a fan. I've been disappointed as fan. More often I've been desperate as a fan for 30 pus years waiting to see them finally win it all. I'm done. Time to move on with what I call important to my life.

FTFY.

Also, see you next season!
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#188 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
handsome salary wrote:Ayton coming in to gloat? Why not. Add on to the misery and remind us all of what could be the worst mistake the Suns have ever made picking him at number one.

FTFY.

It is so funny! I come here to laugh.

Ya'll talked like Nurkic was some great Center! Dude gets rebounds fighting off his teamates on the defensive end. Guy has no offensive threat, and plays zero defense. We are playing a big front court and getting abused!

I would rather watch a team with chemistry, and having fun in Bridges, CamJo, Ayton, Booker, etc. than this 3 headed monster BS!

Ishbia took a swing, and completely missed! No PG, no chemistry, not having fun, and not playing well
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#189 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm

Ryu wrote:

Yep, there are dedicated fans who actually remember who the most important players on the road to the Finals were just the couple of seasons ago.

Now, I hope you enjoy current boring, zero chemistry team lead by our non-existent supermax star who got spanked at home again.

I don't enjoy this team. I hate them. Doesn't mean Ayton was any good. WTF are you all talking about? :lol:
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#190 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Ryu wrote:

I don't enjoy this team. I hate them. Doesn't mean Ayton was any good. WTF are you all talking about? :lol:

You are the biggest baby on this page CK. Ayton was the reason we beat the clippers and made it to the finals! Being a suns fan you should appreciate that and enjoy that . But nah yall cry all the time!
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#191 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:

FTFY.

It is so funny! I come here to laugh.

Ya'll talked like Nurkic was some great Center! Dude gets rebounds fighting off his teamates on the defensive end. Guy has no offensive threat, and plays zero defense. We are playing a big front court and getting abused!

I would rather watch a team with chemistry, and having fun in Bridges, CamJo, Ayton, Booker, etc. than this 3 headed monster BS!

Ishbia took a swing, and completely missed! No PG, no chemistry, not having fun, and not playing well

I don't necessarily disagree with you but Ayton gave us all the hints we needed shy of tweeting "I don't wanna be here" from the barber's. There would've been no point in keeping him.

Constantly quoting his Al Bundy "4 touchdowns in HS" one good playoff run isn't gonna convince anyone it was wrong to let him go either.

The real problem is that the rest of the squad is also mentally weak, excuse making, low effort quitters. They all have to go.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#192 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

This has been the worst playoff series I can remember being a Suns fan!
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Post#193 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
Ryu wrote:

You are the biggest baby on this page CK. Ayton was the reason we beat the clippers and made it to the finals! Being a suns fan you should appreciate that and enjoy that . But nah yall cry all the time!

What's up, DA?
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#194 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

I wonder if Portland and Phoenix would trade KD for Brogdon and Jerami Grant?

Grant and Brogdon make around 52 mil next season combined and KD is owed around 49 mil next season so the salaries are pretty close to make the trade work.

Why would Portland do it? They need a star to put around Sharpe and Scoot and KD only has two more years left on his contract so the deal isn't too bad for them.

For Phoenix we get a serviceable point guard although Brogdon is frequently injured and Grant is instant offense although he doesn't do much besides shoot but he is younger than KD with a much lower salary.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#195 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
Ryu wrote:

You just called me a baby! I'm so sad now. :lol:
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#196 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:

You just called me a baby! I'm so sad now. :lol:

Sooo, you're a cry baby?

...I'm sorry, it feels like off-season already, I'll see myself out.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#197 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Puff wrote:The real problem with this team is that it certainly is not a happy family or so it appears.

We had that in spades prior to KD. Beal's acquisition just added another nail in the coffin.

Yeah, they all are professionals and should be able to get along but they just don't or at least do not appear to get along.

We basically changed out the entire roster in the past off season with all the great minimum player we had sign with us then at the trade deadline we dumped I think 4 of those new players at the trade deadline for O'Neale who quite frankly I am not as impressed with as many, so be it.

I remember our previous head coaches acknowledging players as the would enter and leave games. I see none of that from our current head coach or even the assistant coaches. It really appears that they really do not like or want to associate with each other. I remember our previous teams actually liking each other and hanging out with each other. Book seems to be more worried about his new fooking shoe than the team. He should be the leader of this team. He appears to be just one of the BIG THREE. I just don't see any improvement happening until Vogel is replaced by someone that can unite this team. They just do not seem to care about the team or each other.

Lots of folks trashed Monty but they were far more enjoyable to watch and follow than this current group.

Of COURSE you find a way to bring up and defend Moronty. Hahahaha in the year he gets the worse record in the league and barely avoids the all-time losses record.

Honk, honk
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#198 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

This isn't that hard to figure out. Move KD for picks and young players to OKC or the Knicks. Then regroup those assets around Book and Beal. This team isn't far away. Booker is still elite.

WBF

PS: Anyone who doesn't think we'll get a good return for KD is dumb. Like the poster that said we're getting matching cap and maybe a 1st......you're a moron. Durant just had his best year in about a decade. Comparable to his MVP year numbers lol.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#199 » by LV-Suns » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm

Would Chicago be interested in Grayson Allen for Lonzo Ball? I know he has been injured forever, but set to come back next year. He is the only PG that I can see be able to play next to personal we currently have.
I Dont wanna be here
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,603

Post#200 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm

LV-Suns wrote:Would Chicago be interested in Grayson Allen for Lonzo Ball? I know he has been injured forever, but set to come back next year. He is the only PG that I can see be able to play next to personal we currently have.

Lonzo has played 7 games in the last 6 years. No thanks brah.

Return to Phoenix Suns