ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,636

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#261 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am

Stix wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:BRING IN A COACH WHO CAN HANDLE THREE STARS

We only have 2.

2 1/2 Beal counts as the half sir.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#262 » by Son of Ra » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:09 am

TeamTragic wrote:
Ryu wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:Mods can we please ban these idiot DA stans?

I expect even more after the next game.

Be careful when calling a long time Suns fans idiots. I follow this team since 1993 and since I am from Europe I often stay all night long or wake up at 3AM just to watch Phoenix Suns, you ignorant disrecpectfull ****.

Hi Ryu. I have been a fan since 93 and I'm not going to sit here and pretend DA is the solution.

This team has no coach, no system, no identity, no passion, low energy with a dumpster level bench and even worse they don't show up in the playoffs.

There is a reason I have a Sonics logo and hope this team is moved to Seattle.

Telling the most committed and dedicated fans of a franchise you want the team moved is not the flex/strong argument you think it is :lol:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#263 » by Frank Lee » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 am

Ryu wrote:

Be careful when calling a long time Suns fans idiots. I follow this team since 1993 and since I am from Europe I often stay all night long or wake up at 3AM just to watch Phoenix Suns, you ignorant disrecpectfull ****.

Idk Ryu… sometimes i feel like an idiot for bring a longtime suns fan.
What ? Me Worry ?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#264 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

Frank Lee wrote:
Ryu wrote:

Idk Ryu… sometimes i feel like an idiot for bring a longtime suns fan.

Yeah it feels dumb caring for the team more than the players.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#265 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 am

Man this was disappointing . We have KD , Booker and Beal and cannot win 1 game !!!

Front court was the reason they wrecked us

Nurkic sucks ! No offensive threat, no defense .

Vogel needs to go.
Suns need to get rid of beal
Suns need to get a better fitting big
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#266 » by King4Day » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 pm

Was looking to see if there was any team that might take on Beal (for bad contracts, etc).
The issue is, even if he was willing to waive his NTC, we can't trade him if it's not 1 for 1 after the new league year starts. So that means we'd have to trade him before the new league year (is that even allowed) or, it'd have to be to a team with cap space (example: Detroit for Fornier and space). That's really only possible if Detroit whiffs in free agency, and even then, can't imagine they'd want the 3 years at his salary.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#267 » by Sunlight » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 pm

No team will take Beal's contract because the Suns have no future picks to give in return. So there are very few chances to somehow strengthen this team. There is nothing left but rebuild. Beal will be the tank commander. Either on the court or injured.
Even a rich owner doesn't help at this point.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,727

Post#268 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 pm

James Jones has been with the Suns either as GM or Director of Player Personnel for 2 of the worst decisions the franchise has maybe ever made in drafting Ayton over Luka and drafting Jalen Smith over Tyrese Haliburton.

For him to keep his GM job while there are actual experienced GMs who have built title winning dynasties available like Bob Myers is just insane.

I get it that James Jones isn’t at fault for the KD/Beal trade. Matt Ishbia stupid dumass forced those moves. However, James Jones is not the guy to get us out of this mess we’re in.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,276

Post#269 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 pm

Revived wrote:James Jones has been with the Suns either as GM or Director of Player Personnel for 2 of the worst decisions the franchise has maybe ever made in drafting Luka over Ayton and drafting Jalen Smith over Tyrese Haliburton.

For him to keep his GM job while there are actual experienced GMs who have built title winning dynasties available like Bob Myers is just insane.

I get it that James Jones isn’t at fault for the KD/Beal trade. Matt Ishbia stupid dumass forced those moves. However, James Jones is not the guy to get us out of this mess we’re in.

....Sarver forced the Ayton over Luka move at the draft. It's amazing how little that geta brought up. I'm no fan of JJ either, but this isn't his fault he had pushy bosses.

What is his fault is not doing a better job of handling these trades.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,085

Post#270 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 pm

Revived wrote:James Jones has been with the Suns either as GM or Director of Player Personnel for 2 of the worst decisions the franchise has maybe ever made in drafting Ayton over Luka and drafting Jalen Smith over Tyrese Haliburton.

I guess Ishbia is fine with JJ as long as he does what Ishbia wants. Otherwise he will be gone alongside Vogel.
Revived
RealGM

Post#271 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Read on Twitter
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,636

Post#272 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

I wish we got an older owner not a young one who has no idea what he’s doing. He’s going to bury this team into the ground.
Revived
RealGM

Post#273 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”

The source went on to compare Ishbia’s ownership to the ownership of Dan Gilbert with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the early 2000s. Gilbert is also a Michigan State product — though he and Ishbia own competing mortgage companies and reportedly don’t speak at league owners’ meetings, or really, any other time. They’re said not to like each other.

“Back in the day, the Cavs’ basketball staff would do their coaching search, and Dan would do his coaching search,” the source said. “He’s not like that now, from everything I know. He lets the basketball people handle that stuff. Ishbia doesn’t. He’s a pain in the (butt) to be honest.”

After buying the Suns for a reported $4 billion, Ishbia made dramatic changes to everything from the front office to the team roster. So far, none of it has worked.

“There aren’t too many examples where a young owner comes in, gets super involved, and then the team has great success,” the source said. “What you usually get is where (the Suns) are now.”

That last quote and the “ Ishbia doesn’t. He’s a pain in the (butt) to be honest” are the most important quotes here.

I really could @ the posters here who kept arguing when I said Sarver was a far better owner than Ishbia because he had finally learned to let the basketball people handle the basketball aspect.

It sucks for Suns fans that we have to go through this learning process for ANOTHER owner. Guys like Joe Lacob and Steve Ballmer bought teams and hired the best basketball people to make the basketball decisions. Why couldn’t we get an owner like that?
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 770

Post#274 » by Funky Tut » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm

Revived wrote:James Jones has been with the Suns either as GM or Director of Player Personnel for 2 of the worst decisions the franchise has maybe ever made in drafting Ayton over Luka and drafting Jalen Smith over Tyrese Haliburton.

James Jones has set this franchise back by not adequately using our draft capital and other boneheaded decisions, I'd like to see this team with a new GM and HC.
Revived
RealGM

Post#275 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#276 » by Biff » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

They've been waiting in bed all year long with a picture of him on their nightstands surrounded by a bunch of lotion soaked tissues waiting to be able to jump on here to somehow equivocate that still having NonParticipAyton would somehow change the course of this season.

They're a very imaginative bunch. I mean like that malcontent wouldn't have mentally checked out under all the chaos and dissaray this year. He did it when the Suns were an upper echelon team for crying out loud.

Oh and vs. The Mavs in a historic 7th game slaughter AND AGAIN the very next playoffs when he didn't even play in the elimination game vs. the Nugs because his wib hurt i.e. he had mental and vaginal cramps.

We HAVE KD now, BEAL now, and your lover NURKIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayton was a part of a team that won playoff games, not get abused and swept by the TWOLVES LOL..

Enjoy this team. We were better off with depth, young hustle players, and players who had fun together!

Also, if anyone gets banned for backing Ayton then it should go both ways with dude talking about masturbAYTON with lotion

How did Ayton play last postseason? Not much better than Nurkic and makes twice as much. Stop cherry picking the one time Ayton played like a man.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#277 » by Biff » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knicks have a ton of picks so might be an option. They can send us Randle and Divicenzo to be tank commanders with Beal.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#278 » by enigmatics » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:Man this was disappointing . We have KD , Booker and Beal and cannot win 1 game !!!

Front court was the reason they wrecked us

Nurkic sucks ! No offensive threat, no defense .

Vogel needs to go.
Suns need to get rid of beal
Suns need to get a better fitting big

Bro go finger blast your DA doll. You'll feel better.

How anyone in their right mind could look at this Suns team and blame the front court as the reason they lost this is hysterical. They were built to win on the backs of KD, Book, and Beal. They lost on their backs too.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#279 » by enigmatics » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 pm

Biff wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
They've been waiting in bed all year long with a picture of him on their nightstands surrounded by a bunch of lotion soaked tissues waiting to be able to jump on here to somehow equivocate that still having NonParticipAyton would somehow change the course of this season.

They're a very imaginative bunch. I mean like that malcontent wouldn't have mentally checked out under all the chaos and dissaray this year. He did it when the Suns were an upper echelon team for crying out loud.

Oh and vs. The Mavs in a historic 7th game slaughter AND AGAIN the very next playoffs when he didn't even play in the elimination game vs. the Nugs because his wib hurt i.e. he had mental and vaginal cramps.

We HAVE KD now, BEAL now, and your lover NURKIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayton was a part of a team that won playoff games, not get abused and swept by the TWOLVES LOL..

Enjoy this team. We were better off with depth, young hustle players, and players who had fun together!

Also, if anyone gets banned for backing Ayton then it should go both ways with dude talking about masturbAYTON with lotion

How did Ayton play last postseason? Not much better than Nurkic and makes twice as much. Stop cherry picking the one time Ayton played like a man.

Man they cling to that one 25 game stretch harder than the dangleberries on their butt hair.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#280 » by enigmatics » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:46 pm

Revived wrote:
“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”

The source went on to compare Ishbia’s ownership to the ownership of Dan Gilbert with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the early 2000s. Gilbert is also a Michigan State product — though he and Ishbia own competing mortgage companies and reportedly don’t speak at league owners’ meetings, or really, any other time. They’re said not to like each other.

“Back in the day, the Cavs’ basketball staff would do their coaching search, and Dan would do his coaching search,” the source said. “He’s not like that now, from everything I know. He lets the basketball people handle that stuff. Ishbia doesn’t. He’s a pain in the (butt) to be honest.”

After buying the Suns for a reported $4 billion, Ishbia made dramatic changes to everything from the front office to the team roster. So far, none of it has worked.

“There aren’t too many examples where a young owner comes in, gets super involved, and then the team has great success,” the source said. “What you usually get is where (the Suns) are now.”

That last quote and the “ Ishbia doesn’t. He’s a pain in the (butt) to be honest” are the most important quotes here.

I really could @ the posters here who kept arguing when I said Sarver was a far better owner than Ishbia because he had finally learned to let the basketball people handle the basketball aspect.

It sucks for Suns fans that we have to go through this learning process for ANOTHER owner. Guys like Joe Lacob and Steve Ballmer bought teams and hired the best basketball people to make the basketball decisions. Why couldn’t we get an owner like that?

See I hate articles like that. It's a pile on and of course conveniently released after they lost the series.

Return to Phoenix Suns