ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
2%
Nuggets
7%
Thunder
20%
Twolves
22%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
18%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 60

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,643

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#141 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu May 2, 2024 9:10 pm

sunsbg wrote:Why would Jones care about '31 draft. Or Booker and KD. Jones will get fired by then even if Ishbia is responsible for everything. KD retired. Book on his way too, likely on another team. That's why saying Book's been let down by FO is naive. He's at center of all decisions.

This 7th grader quote was used by both Ishbia and Jones apparently. Seems they are equally dumb as they make it sound like 7th graders are being drafted. Low IQ both on the court and off the court. Not good.

Waiting 7 years for a draft pick is like waiting 50+ years for a Suns title.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#142 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 2, 2024 9:48 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
Do you think we have a higher seed if Beal isn't basically injured the entire season?

We were only a couple games behind the Clippers with Beal missing 25+ games. So, if he was healthier we probably take Clippers spot as the 4th seed which gives us a first round matchup of Clips/Mavs. Either way we were doomed from the start. Every playoff team sweeps us besides Lakers & Pels series.

Yeah, Dallas stars missed a lot of games too and rested their players for their final 2, so we probably end up 4 or 5 and play them, but the way that they are playing, we would have had zero chance beating them. They at least add some rookies and young players like Lively.

It's amazing Derrick Jones Jr keeps bouncing around and starting on good teams since we let him go.

BW you're of the mind that we get a very low return on KD-which I vehemently disagree with you on. Setting that aside for the moment, let's say you're right. What's your opinion on trading Booker? Considering the return would be significantly higher. Let's say to Houston for Sengun, Amen Thompson, Eason and Brooks(cap wise) along with all of those BRK picks they have (2024, 2026)....

Would you do that?
Stark
Junior
And1: 691

Post#143 » by Stark » Thu May 2, 2024 11:24 pm

I have so many different ideas and things to say but I will keep it short.

Micic and Bitadze would be great targets for us.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Post#144 » by schnakenpopanz » Fri May 3, 2024 12:36 am

I am speechless.
I thought they would be more humble, take responsibility, admit that they did things wrong.
But no. Playing the overconfident con artists won't cut it Wishbia.
free steve nash!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#145 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:02 am

BobbieL wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's exactly what I am thinking it will happen next week.

Pretty much what I think will happen

I would be shocked. Pleasantly shocked but shocked
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#146 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:14 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I can't remember, but basically figured we could finish anywhere from maybe 1-6, but I also thought it was a stretch to think KD would be healthy all year, given he'd averaged like 37 games a year the previous 4 years. Had I known he would be healthy the entire year, I would have figured top 4 at least, but also figured we had like a 2 year window and that it didn't look too good after that.

Do you think we have a higher seed if Beal isn't basically injured the entire season?

We were only a couple games behind the Clippers with Beal missing 25+ games. So, if he was healthier we probably take Clippers spot as the 4th seed which gives us a first round matchup of Clips/Mavs. Either way we were doomed from the start. Every playoff team sweeps us besides Lakers & Pels series.

Whether we win a handful more games to get a higher seed with a healthy Beal or not is more of a feel good story rather than us being the different team that got swept in the 1st round

We couldn't even beat the team which should've been a good match up. And say we had a good match up which we do actually capitalise on, do we go deeper than 2nd round? If those half dozen or more games with a healthy Beal meant we figured out our offense then that's a legit conversation worth having but the way we were playing....I don't think I would've been confident being the #1 seed playing the Lakers.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,219

Post#147 » by RaisingArizona » Fri May 3, 2024 1:14 am

Franak Vogel would be intriguing tbh
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,219

Post#148 » by RaisingArizona » Fri May 3, 2024 1:26 am

I like the overconfidence. Inject it into me because I am feeling anything but cocky after that gross sweep
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#149 » by DirtyDez » Fri May 3, 2024 1:33 am

I’m probably giving them too much credit but if I wanted and plan to trade KD this summer I’m saying the same things. Several teams coming up short in the playoffs will have interest in him. I’m not gonna sound like we’re blowing it up. His value is never going to be higher coming off an all-nba season with outlier health.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,647

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:36 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Yeah, Dallas stars missed a lot of games too and rested their players for their final 2, so we probably end up 4 or 5 and play them, but the way that they are playing, we would have had zero chance beating them. They at least add some rookies and young players like Lively.

It's amazing Derrick Jones Jr keeps bouncing around and starting on good teams since we let him go.

BW you're of the mind that we get a very low return on KD-which I vehemently disagree with you on. Setting that aside for the moment, let's say you're right. What's your opinion on trading Booker? Considering the return would be significantly higher. Let's say to Houston for Sengun, Amen Thompson, Eason and Brooks(cap wise) along with all of those BRK picks they have (2024, 2026)....

Would you do that?

Yes, but I can't imagine Houston trading Sengun. I don't think KD has THAT low of trade value. I proposed to the Knicks for 4 firsts, Randle, Hart and McBride. Not great players but a bunch of picks, I decent young guy, a pretty solid PF and a nice vet guard. If not Hart, DiVincenzo I said.

I think if there was a Book to Houston trade it would be more likekly we'd get Green. I think Sengun and Smith are near untouchable. But if you just replace Green with Book to run with those bigs, FVV and Brooks.

Or maybe we get Brooks. If we could get Green, Thomson and a bunch of firsts that would be good. I'd much rather have Sengun or Smith but I can't imagine they'd do that. I certainly wouldn't if I were them.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,647

Post#151 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:40 am

I was talking to someone about what teams would make sense to trade for Book (though I think there is zero chance we trade him and I'd rather not) but I could see the Pelicans. If we could get 4 firsts, Jones, Murphy and Nance that would be kind of nice.

They would then have CJ, Book, Ingram, Zion and JV and we'd have the 4 firsts and more solid role players to support our stars, with Beal, Jones, Murphy, KD, Nurk....or even start Nance or just have the 3 man rotation there.

Would be nice if we kept Bol. I'm sure that lineup doesn't sound good to many people though...just one of the teams with a ton of assets I could see having interest.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#152 » by Slim Charless » Fri May 3, 2024 1:56 am

bwgood77 wrote:I was talking to someone about what teams would make sense to trade for Book (though I think there is zero chance we trade him and I'd rather not) but I could see the Pelicans. If we could get 4 firsts, Jones, Murphy and Nance that would be kind of nice.

They would then have CJ, Book, Ingram, Zion and JV and we'd have the 4 firsts and more solid role players to support our stars, with Beal, Jones, Murphy, KD, Nurk....or even start Nance or just have the 3 man rotation there.

Would be nice if we kept Bol. I'm sure that lineup doesn't sound good to many people though...just one of the teams with a ton of assets I could see having interest.

That's a crazy expenisive team with Book+Zion making maxes along BI wanting one next yr or he's walking, plus, CJ is pricey too. I thought of them as well but they need to move CJ and I think he has no place here with Beal on the team.

As for your HOU thoughts, it makes sense. I just think that Green was so good for them that he is the one that might be untouchable. Plus with Booker there they could run him, FVV and Green along with Smith and Steven Adams. The fact they have 3 guards starting is lessened by the Twin Tower frontcourt.

I'm sure you guys are all correct that Booker will stay and you know more than anyone how much I've spent this season talking about various KD trades lol......I just don't think it's the right idea for US. Trading Booker can truly let us recoup some serious things. Your NYK and even my OKC deals don't really make us title contenders-just not as functionly awful fitting as we are now. The main issue is something I brought up earlier: Durant is the best player of the 3 and as such he makes the most sense to try and win a title with right now.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,096

Post#153 » by sogood » Fri May 3, 2024 5:14 am

enigmatics wrote:I was watching to a Chris Broussard and Rob Parker clip earlier today. It wasn't even about the Suns - it was about LeBron's future with the Lakers. No, I'm not about to say LeDouchetard is gonna be Sun lol. They brought up an interesting point though - one I think is somewhat relevant right now.

I know some fans are angry with Ishbia and that almost gas lighter of a presser he gave with JJ. Some are asking why the even held it in the first place. Why does "Yimmy" Jones (Cowboys owner) do it even after all the playoff failures they keep enduring?

Two words: They're relevant. Win or fail Suns are still heavily in the spotlight and that's ultimately what ownership wants aside from wins and banners.

You've been here since 2007 so I'm assuming you're an adult... gotta grow up bro.
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 335

Post#154 » by bullsaficianado » Fri May 3, 2024 6:33 am

I actually was thinking that if LeBron wanted out of Lakers the Lakers would take on the Beal contract for him. Beal would probably be ok with going to Lakers. Still don't know if it's worth it for just three years of LeBron and dude is 39 and his body will likely start breaking down fast. If he wanted to be a Sun it's a good way to get out of the Beal contract and it would help if Lakers added a pick. Likely never to happen because I think he stays with Lakers but it's one of those offseason trade ideas.

Imagine though Booker, Durant, LeBron. nice.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,956

Post#155 » by Saberestar » Fri May 3, 2024 6:47 am

Read on Twitter

Out of the Nuggets and Celtics every "favorite" to win it all this season will be out of the race (presumably) tonight.

This gives us some food to think about it and some perspective on results. Like I said a couple months ago 10/12 teams could win the championship this current season and that's a great accomplishment from the NBA.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#156 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:40 am

bullsaficianado wrote:I actually was thinking that if LeBron wanted out of Lakers the Lakers would take on the Beal contract for him. Beal would probably be ok with going to Lakers. Still don't know if it's worth it for just three years of LeBron and dude is 39 and his body will likely start breaking down fast. If he wanted to be a Sun it's a good way to get out of the Beal contract and it would help if Lakers added a pick. Likely never to happen because I think he stays with Lakers but it's one of those offseason trade ideas.

Why would LA take Beal?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,129

Post#157 » by sunsbg » Fri May 3, 2024 10:47 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Out of the Nuggets and Celtics every "favorite" to win it all this season will be out of the race (presumably) tonight.

This gives us some food to think about it and some perspective on results. Like I said a couple months ago 10/12 teams could win the championship this current season and that's a great accomplishment from the NBA.

Boston and Denver were always the true contenders if healthy. The rest - pretenders until proven otherwise.

It's a competitive league because of cap and luxury tax stuff. It's not like some other leagues where favorites have 10x the budget of the outsiders. That's why teams need every competitive advantage they can get like good coaching, players chemistry, balanced roster and taking care of draft pick assets. Right now Suns don't have much of that.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,643

Post#158 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 11:10 am

bullsaficianado wrote:I actually was thinking that if LeBron wanted out of Lakers the Lakers would take on the Beal contract for him. Beal would probably be ok with going to Lakers. Still don't know if it's worth it for just three years of LeBron and dude is 39 and his body will likely start breaking down fast. If he wanted to be a Sun it's a good way to get out of the Beal contract and it would help if Lakers added a pick. Likely never to happen because I think he stays with Lakers but it's one of those offseason trade ideas.

F——— the super teams they never win chit. Look at the current Suns or Nets with Kyrie, Harden, KD… even the Heatles managed to win 2 outta 4 should have been 1 title if Bosh and Lebron don’t grab those late turnover. Once again, f—- the super teams why are young folks so obsessed with them is beyond me their iq must be lower than a peanut. Or maybe it’s because ESPN gives delivering garbage takes and everyone jumps on board cause now a days nobody knows how to think of ideas for themselves. Let’s copy and paste what someone else utters on tv and we’ll look extra cool. Finally, F—————- the superstar teams and F——- Lebron. Before you call me bitter I don’t give a flying F—— I want my team to succeed this was the worst team I’ve ever watched since 2001 season. SMH!!!!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,956

Post#159 » by Saberestar » Fri May 3, 2024 11:47 am

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boston and Denver were always the true contenders if healthy. The rest - pretenders until proven otherwise.

It's a competitive league because of cap and luxury tax stuff. It's not like some other leagues where favorites have 10x the budget of the outsiders. That's why teams need every competitive advantage they can get like good coaching, players chemistry, balanced roster and taking care of draft pick assets. Right now Suns don't have much of that.

The Bucks weren't true contenders? The Clippers weren't true contenders? The Sixers?
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#160 » by starbosa10 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:25 pm

I don't understand the book trade talk. The only way he is ever getting dealt is if we are blowing it up entirely and he demands a trade (which I don't think we will). KD would also definitely ask to leave if we dealt book.

Return to Phoenix Suns