The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,718

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#801 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:07 pm

Biff wrote:Hilarious that Ishbia thinks a different coach can solve a garbage roster. Is Bud gonna play point? Ishbia got a min contract guy he thinks can move the needle? Maybe trade Beal for Ben Simmons? lol

Yeah, as high as I am on him out of available coaches, he can only do so much. I don't expect us to win a championship or anything unless we can get a true floor leader. There are not many out there, and some good teams I'm not sure they have that, but these guys are really set in their ways.

I do think Beal is the most vocal and could be, but would guys like KD and Book listen? Would they even listen to Paul anymore. Book talked great about Paul for awhile, but I know eventually people tune him out and get tired of him. Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, Harden, etc..

But even just having a guy that can control the ball down the stretch and make the right decisions...high iq players....Minnesota has Conley for example....would really help.

Obviously drafting Kolek would be nice for the high IQ, shooting and passing, but I can't imagine they'd listen to a rookie anyway, or a guy we could sign for the minimum. I used to like KD in OKC, but realized after a while he cannot get over the hump without solid leader type players around him (Draymond, Steph).
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#802 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 7:11 pm

Read on Twitter

So maybe it wasn’t Vogel that had the fetish for Eubanks and rather it was Ishbia?

Low key, Eubanks has some resemblances to Ishbia.
Revived
RealGM

Post#803 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 7:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:Is this a **** NIGHTMARE?!?!

The Phoenix Suns and Drew Eubanks are on the same page regarding his status with the team.

“The full organization wants me back next and I want to be a Phoenix Sun next year,” Eubanks said.

Eubanks has a player option for next season as he has until June 29 to exercise it.

“I’m going to make the best decision for my family and I when the time comes,” Eubanks said.

If a player declines the player option, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2024/05/11/drew-eubanks-says-phoenix-suns-want-him-back-has-player-option/73647814007/

There’s no way he declines that player option.

Both him and Eric Gordon know that no other team will want either of these bums if they hit free agency.

What another idiotic decision by James Jones to give them player options for the 2nd year instead of just signing them for vet min deals straight up.

Yet Jones keeps his job…
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,988

Post#804 » by Saberestar » Sat May 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Revived wrote:

The Phoenix Suns and Drew Eubanks are on the same page regarding his status with the team.

“The full organization wants me back next and I want to be a Phoenix Sun next year,” Eubanks said.

Eubanks has a player option for next season as he has until June 29 to exercise it.

“I’m going to make the best decision for my family and I when the time comes,” Eubanks said.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2024/05/11/drew-eubanks-says-phoenix-suns-want-him-back-has-player-option/73647814007/

Both him and Eric Gordon know that no other team will want either of these bums if they hit free agency.

What another idiotic decision by James Jones to give them player options for the 2nd year instead of just signing them for vet min deals straight up.

Yet Jones keeps his job…

I have to think that he is gonna be traded and the organization said that to him because we have no choice, he has a PO.

Gambo said that Eubanks will not be back next year and he has nailed everything since Ishbia is the owner. I HOPE he is right again.

Edit:
Here is the tweet.
Read on Twitter
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#805 » by DirtyDez » Sat May 11, 2024 7:40 pm

Revived wrote:

Yet Jones keeps his job…

Ishbia keeps a GM in title only around so he doesn’t take 100% of the brunt from his failed decisions. From JJ’s POV it’s better to have a job and be a puppet than having no job at all.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Revived
RealGM

Post#806 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 7:55 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:

Yet Jones keeps his job…

I have to think that he is gonna be traded and the organization said that to him because we have no choice, he has a PO.

Gambo said that Eubanks will not be back next year and he has nailed everything since Ishbia is the owner. I HOPE he is right again.

Edit:
Here is the tweet.
Read on Twitter

Here’s what Gambo tweeted today.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Gambo seems like he’s speaking out of his ass when he says “old coach wasn’t a fan” when Vogel literally played Eubanks as first big off the bench even after guys like Thad Young looked much better when they got mins.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,035

Post#807 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 pm

Ishbis will use Eubanks as a trade asset. No point in letting him walk for nothing.
Revived
RealGM

Post#808 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Ishbis will use Eubanks as a trade asset. No point in letting him walk for nothing.

I don’t think you know what the word “asset” means if you’re calling Eubanks that.
Revived
RealGM

Post#809 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#810 » by RaisingArizona » Sat May 11, 2024 8:32 pm

The prodical son is back
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,988

Post#811 » by Saberestar » Sat May 11, 2024 8:40 pm

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:There’s no way he declines that player option.

Yet Jones keeps his job…

Edit:
Here is the tweet.
Read on Twitter

Here’s what Gambo tweeted today.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Gambo seems like he’s speaking out of his ass when he says “old coach wasn’t a fan” when Vogel literally played Eubanks as first big off the bench even after guys like Thad Young looked much better when they got mins.

Well, he for sure wanted to say that Vogel wasn't a fan of Eubanks coming back next year, he knows that he has been our backup C all season long.

I can't believe that Budenholzer likes Eubanks, he played pretty bad and he doesn't open he floor or can pass the ball.

I think that we will trade him for whoever is available on a cheap contract.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,181

Post#812 » by sunsbg » Sat May 11, 2024 8:54 pm

Eubanks numbers are fine for a min guy. If he's traded maybe some team gives back the 2nd rnd pick lost for tampering.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,422

Post#813 » by Puff » Sat May 11, 2024 9:27 pm

sunsbg wrote:Eubanks numbers are fine for a min guy. If he's traded maybe some team gives back the 2nd rnd pick lost for tampering.

I don't think Eubanks is as bad as most think. The change in the clubhouse could do wonders for guys like him and Gordon.

Our team just exhibited zero positive energy on most nights. I think we are going to be a big change with the new coach.

I am really looking forward to next season.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Djedefre
Senior
And1: 684

Post#814 » by Djedefre » Sat May 11, 2024 9:37 pm

Puff wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Eubanks numbers are fine for a min guy. If he's traded maybe some team gives back the 2nd rnd pick lost for tampering.

Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,263

Post#815 » by Bogyo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 pm

Sunlight wrote:If this blow out scenario happens next summer, the Suns will get at least two first round picks (KD+Book) less than now.
A big difference for the future.

Fully agreed. If I were calling the shots I'd "slit the throat" of Booker and KD as we speak, and bring back a handful of good players and picks. But with this "gm" and owner that will never happen, so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

KD to Atl for Murray, Hunter, and Johnson and the 10th pick this year, Booker to Toronto for Poetl, Boucher, Dick and 4 picks, one of them number 6 this year. Good riddance mitches. Murray/Beal/Hunter/Johnson/Poetl - Kolek/Allen/Dick/Boucher/Nurk. You could still have Little and O'neale and Bol, and this years 6th and 10th pick to make moves - or just keep and develop the drafted players (Sheppard+Holland?). This somewhat sucky roster with Bud could have similar results than we will have with the stuck up primadonnas who will not change an inch to achieve better result. Not for Vogel, not for Bud, not for godalmighty himself.
But this will never happen, becouse Ishbia wouldn't allow it, and JJ couldnt pull it off - even though its not much to be honest - but at least somewhat realistic as it passes in the trade machine, and we are not getting back too valuable stuff for the old snake and the young(er) flegmatic wannabekobe clown who got destroyed in multiple playoffs by younger players already.

So you are right, we are pissing away the future - for a very disgusting, vomitory present.
# waiting for the next chapter
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,263

Post#816 » by Bogyo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 pm

Puff wrote:

I don't think Eubanks is as bad as most think. The change in the clubhouse could do wonders for guys like him and Gordon.

Our team just exhibited zero positive energy on most nights. I think we are going to be a big change with the new coach.

Yo Puff!
Puff-puff-pass!!! Pass it damit!!! :D I want whatever you are smoking if you think they will really change for a new coach...
# waiting for the next chapter
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,800

Post#817 » by sunsbum » Sat May 11, 2024 9:51 pm

Honestly the only thing I have a glimmer ofhope for is drafting kolek. It’s my Steve Nash/Gotan Dragic hopium kicking in.
I hate this team.
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 767

Post#818 » by sunsfan1o1 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

Why would Jones draft a point guard. That’s our biggest need. He’s gonna draft a SG or trade it for 2nd round picks and draft 2 sg or sf.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#819 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 11, 2024 11:22 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing how all other teams value the Suns first rd picks more than our own idiotic owner Ishbia and GM (Jones) does.

Well after this year, their value doubled. :-?

This could get really ugly as it plays out
What ? Me Worry ?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,035

Post#820 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 11, 2024 11:56 pm

Revived wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:Ishbis will use Eubanks as a trade asset. No point in letting him walk for nothing.

I don’t think you know what the word “asset” means if you’re calling Eubanks that.

Eubanks is now an expiring contract.

Return to Phoenix Suns