ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#921 » by handsome salary » Tue May 14, 2024 2:16 am

As well as most Finals appearances without a championship the Suns organization also holds the league record for most playoff series losses after being up 2-0. Seen it happen 4 times.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,013

Post#922 » by kennydorglas » Tue May 14, 2024 2:20 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd argue that so far it clearly isn't working as we're obviously very top-heavy with aging stars, and no cap space that we otherwise would have had If we had only balanced our roster with cost-controlled young talent. That same young talent would also bring a level of effort, energy, and "give a fu**! that's clearly missing from our vet trio. Lastly, the vet minutes have by the majority been an abject disaster over the past couple of seasons with our bench being dismal in terms of production and reliability.

The worst part is the insanity of repeating this shortsighted strategy year after year instead of using those picks to develop young talent that could've been used in trades for impact players as teams like the Pacers used as inclusionary pieces for Siakim, and New York used for Anunoby! It's incredibly idiotic to make the choices that our front office has made that have left us in a deep hole with no legitimate way to improve or even change our roster due to carelessly giving away assets. And for all those who think we shouldn't blow this up or at least trade one of our big three to pivot and add legitimate depth beyond garbage bin vet minimums on the fringe!

The definition of insanity is what again???? If you choose to live with your head in the sand not recognizing what's going on around you, then of course things look good until you finally take your head out for a breath only to see everything burnt to ashes around you! I'm not worried about blowing things up because reality will take care of that by next season's trade deadline and cure many delusions of contention for this team. :-?

I was really baffled when I saw this article.
Like wtf are they talking about?
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,916

Post#923 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 am

handsome salary wrote:As well as most Finals appearances without a championship the Suns organization also holds the league record for most playoff series losses after being up 2-0. Seen it happen 4 times.

And if our dynamic duo................................................
(Ishbia and Jones on their way to offer Cam Payne a vet min contract as their big trajectory-changing offseason acquisition this summer)!

...............of Jones and Ishbia have anything to say about it, we'll continue setting records and making history in a similar fashion as we fade into a bottom-five team that's helped other teams to greater success and more young star talent! :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#924 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 2:39 am

kennydorglas wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd argue that so far it clearly isn't working as we're obviously very top-heavy with aging stars, and no cap space that we otherwise would have had If we had only balanced our roster with cost-controlled young talent. That same young talent would also bring a level of effort, energy, and "give a fu**! that's clearly missing from our vet trio. Lastly, the vet minutes have by the majority been an abject disaster over the past couple of seasons with our bench being dismal in terms of production and reliability.

The worst part is the insanity of repeating this shortsighted strategy year after year instead of using those picks to develop young talent that could've been used in trades for impact players as teams like the Pacers used as inclusionary pieces for Siakim, and New York used for Anunoby! It's incredibly idiotic to make the choices that our front office has made that have left us in a deep hole with no legitimate way to improve or even change our roster due to carelessly giving away assets. And for all those who think we shouldn't blow this up or at least trade one of our big three to pivot and add legitimate depth beyond garbage bin vet minimums on the fringe!

The definition of insanity is what again???? If you choose to live with your head in the sand not recognizing what's going on around you, then of course things look good until you finally take your head out for a breath only to see everything burnt to ashes around you! I'm not worried about blowing things up because reality will take care of that by next season's trade deadline and cure many delusions of contention for this team. :-?

I was really baffled when I saw this article.
Like wtf are they talking about?

John Voita is just arguing against and for the trading of all our draft picks as a successful strategy towards building a championship contender! And he referenced the premise of us making the finals in 2021 as evidence that it works. But of course, to say that is asinine and incorrect because the majority of that team (aside from Paul) that made the finals had a core of "homegrown" stars acquired through the draft! And Paul himself was the result of only 1 outgoing pick, not this idiotic strategy of mortgaging our future for the next decade by offloading every single pick they can for aging and injury-prone superstars without the simple foresight to consider needing actual depth around that core! It wasn't a bad article overall, just a bit heavy on the chilling for Ishbias' and Jones "give it all away" strategy that is clearly a horrible decision that'll implode spectacularly within the next two seasons in typical suns fashion! :dontknow:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#925 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 am

Read on Twitter
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 856

Post#926 » by Desertfox » Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 am

Billups as head coach would have just been the icing on the cake. Lets thank Portland for not letting that disaster happen.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,789

Post#927 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:49 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

SAS is always trying to get Suns players to NYC it seems.

Every single twitter post I've seen on here are from aggregators taking SAS as the source.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,789

Post#928 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:51 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lue, I 100% get

Billups....what has he done in his time as an NBA coach to make anyone think he's ready to jump from 21 win team to one trying to win a title?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#929 » by Saberestar » Tue May 14, 2024 6:05 am

Read on Twitter
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#930 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lue, I 100% get

Billups....what has he done in his time as an NBA coach to make anyone think he's ready to jump from 21 win team to one trying to win a title?

We’re never going to win a title just stop, please!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,282

Post#931 » by King4Day » Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 pm

This makes sense since trade penalties are so much harsher starting 7/1

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#932 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 pm

King4Day wrote:This makes sense since trade penalties are so much harsher starting 7/1

Read on Twitter

I wonder who they really think they're going to get with Nassir littles' salary considering that the new CBA requires us to adhere to a " dollar for dollar" match. Would it be a two way defensive wing/ forward at that salary with the picks or one of the two attached? I can't see too many matching options for that salary range that'd be available or even fit our critical needs?

Having said that, It'd be very sad indeed and yet another indictment of our lousy feont office having to include a premium asaet just to offload an undesirable player that they no longer want.

It seems to be a pattern with Jones expending further assets just to undo past mistakes he's made in trades or in free agency. No wonder the rest of the league doesn't take us seriously.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#933 » by BobbieL » Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

One move begat a second move which begat a third move

and this is the result - they are going to trade not only the 22nd pick - which would be cheap and cost controlled but probably also the 2031 and unprotect it

I will wait and see the trade - maybe its just the 22nd pick and Little for a player. But why not get a guy cost controlled for four years who might develop
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#934 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 2:03 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

One move begat a second move which begat a third move

and this is the result - they are going to trade not only the 22nd pick - which would be cheap and cost controlled but probably also the 2031 and unprotect it

I will wait and see the trade - maybe its just the 22nd pick and Little for a player. But why not get a guy cost controlled for four years who might develop

Exactly! It's like two immature young kids that keep digging a hole deeper and deeper into their backyard because one of their classmates told them there's buried treasure in some undiscovered areas! And deapite everyone trying to get them to stop making gools out of themselves, they just keep digging deeper because even though they know they screwed up and are wrong, they're trying to protect their pride deapite making things worse for themselves.

Worst of all, when it's all said and done, they'll try to scapegoat themselves by blaming someone else and claiming it was that persons fault and they were only trying to make things better for everyone in their family. It's the definition of insanity. Run things into the ground rather than to stop, reflect and take accountability to mske real change occur.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#935 » by RaisingArizona » Tue May 14, 2024 2:53 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lue, I 100% get

We’re never going to win a title just stop, please!

I'm from the future
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#936 » by garrick » Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
King4Day wrote:This makes sense since trade penalties are so much harsher starting 7/1

Read on Twitter

I wonder who they really think they're going to get with Nassir littles' salary considering that the new CBA requires us to adhere to a " dollar for dollar" match. Would it be a two way defensive wing/ forward at that salary with the picks or one of the two attached? I can't see too many matching options for that salary range that'd be available or even fit our critical needs?

Having said that, It'd be very sad indeed and yet another indictment of our lousy feont office having to include a premium asaet just to offload an undesirable player that they no longer want.

It seems to be a pattern with Jones expending further assets just to undo past mistakes he's made in trades or in free agency. No wonder the rest of the league doesn't take us seriously.

I don't see how the 22nd pick and Little will garner much interest.

Most likely Ishbia will dangle the 2031 pick as the Suns will most likely be terrible once KD and Beal are most likely off the team with Booker exiting his prime, this is the pick that could be the most damaging down the line as we could potentially be bad enough to have a chance to get a high draft pick.

I mean look at the Hawks this season who got the top pick, they won 36 games and got the top pick so you never know how valuable a future pick can be.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#937 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 pm

Read on Twitter
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 848

Post#938 » by KdoubleDees23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Truth. Nurkic is trash. Empty stats and no defense
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,282

Post#939 » by King4Day » Tue May 14, 2024 3:47 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#940 » by Saberestar » Tue May 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Nassir Little ($6.75M) + #22
for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

This trade would give us a young and athletic PG who excels on perimeter defense. He is small but plays bigger than his size and could help us with his high motor and constant effort on the court.

He will be a RFA after next season and then we can sign him to a new contract.

Return to Phoenix Suns