Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LOL the Dray/Nurk rivalry is real!!!! :lol:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,050

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#942 » by TeamTragic » Tue May 14, 2024 5:30 pm

Nurkic needs to shut the **** up. Dude was invisible against the Wolves.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,211

Post#943 » by sunsbg » Tue May 14, 2024 6:06 pm

Saberestar wrote:Nassir Little ($6.75M) + #22
for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

This trade would give us a young and athletic PG who excels on perimeter defense. He is small but plays bigger than his size and could help us with his high motor and constant effort on the court.

He will be a RFA after next season and then we can sign him to a new contract.

He was like a 3rd stringer on the Kings. Just draft Kolek or another defensive PG prospect with NBA size.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#944 » by BobbieL » Tue May 14, 2024 6:54 pm

garrick wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
King4Day wrote:This makes sense since trade penalties are so much harsher starting 7/1

Read on Twitter

I wonder who they really think they're going to get with Nassir littles' salary considering that the new CBA requires us to adhere to a " dollar for dollar" match. Would it be a two way defensive wing/ forward at that salary with the picks or one of the two attached? I can't see too many matching options for that salary range that'd be available or even fit our critical needs?

Having said that, It'd be very sad indeed and yet another indictment of our lousy feont office having to include a premium asaet just to offload an undesirable player that they no longer want.

It seems to be a pattern with Jones expending further assets just to undo past mistakes he's made in trades or in free agency. No wonder the rest of the league doesn't take us seriously.

I don't see how the 22nd pick and Little will garner much interest.

Most likely Ishbia will dangle the 2031 pick as the Suns will most likely be terrible once KD and Beal are most likely off the team with Booker exiting his prime, this is the pick that could be the most damaging down the line as we could potentially be bad enough to have a chance to get a high draft pick.

I mean look at the Hawks this season who got the top pick, they won 36 games and got the top pick so you never know how valuable a future pick can be.

The biggest reason I was against the Durant trade - in how it ended up being constructed - was that it closed the window. And every move since than, has closed it more. Even the Ayton trade, the other player that they just drafted went to Portland.

Now if Jones had just drafted Haliburton, who knows... it was so easy to draft Halliburton.

Stupid begats stupid begats stupid..
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#945 » by Saberestar » Tue May 14, 2024 7:14 pm

sunsbg wrote:
for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

This trade would give us a young and athletic PG who excels on perimeter defense. He is small but plays bigger than his size and could help us with his high motor and constant effort on the court.

He was like a 3rd stringer on the Kings. Just draft Kolek or another defensive PG prospect with NBA size.

A third stringer doesn't play 15.3 mpg on 72 games.

He is Fox backup so he isn’t getting too many minutes. That’s one of the reasons why he could like to be traded to a team like the Suns witn no pure PGs.

I am not sure if I would do that trade because #22 is one of our best assets but it's at least an intriguing idea.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,211

Post#946 » by sunsbg » Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

A third stringer doesn't play 15.3 mpg on 72 games.

He is Fox backup so he isn’t getting too many minutes. That’s one of the reasons why he could like to be traded to a team like the Suns witn no pure PGs.

I am not sure if I would do that trade because #22 is one of our best assets but it's at least an intriguing idea.

I watched quite a few Kings games this season and know exactly what Kings fans think about him. Can't shoot, overrated defender because of his size. It's not like Kings don't need defensive players. Fox, Huerter, Monk, Ellis(undrafted player IIRC) who replaced him in the rotation and started for injured Huerter at end of season. Can't just throw picks for other teams 3rd stringers being short on assets as we know.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#947 » by Saberestar » Tue May 14, 2024 8:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,917

Post#948 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 pm

for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

interesting I do like Mitchell, and have lobbied for him in the past! But I'm just not sure he's worth our 22nd pick when there are actually plenty of high-end POA guard defenders even in the undrafted ranges of this draft that could basically do everything that Mitchell does and for much cheaper too. Again, It's a really intriguing idea, but would likely want to use Littles' salary AND our 22nd pick on a better/bigger more switchable lockdown wing defender IF possible. Maybe IF we're truly hellbent on trading our pick yet again!!! attach it in a Nurkic deal that'll return that positional filler and then add a playmaking or POA defensive guard from the undrafted ranges because players who are solid defenders translate well immediately even absent of necessary development time! You have names like: Jamal Shead, Reece Beekman, Tamin Lipsey, Jimmy Clark 3rd, Eric Gaines, etc. And all of Shead, Beekman, and Clark 3rd are elite high-motor POA defenders, and all four of Shead, Beekman, Clark, and Lipsey are all better playmakers too.** Also Darius Brown is an elite playmaker and a very good shooter and ballhandler and defender too.

So alternatively, one such trade I'd think should at least be considered (IF Brooklyn loses Claxton in free agency) would be Nurkic/ 2031 1st for Finney Smith/ Sharpe/ MIA 25' 2nd (protected 31-37).

Or maybe a 3 team trade with Brooklyn/Atlanta/Phoenix.
Brooklyn-
Capela/ Phoenix 2031 1st (top 5 protected). **Phoenix can add their 22nd pick too here if necessary for Finney Smith's inclusion.

Atlanta gets-
Nurkic.

Phoenix-
Claxton (sign 'n' trade for $18-20 million) / Finney Smith.
** Finney Smith for PHX 2031 1st ( Top 5 protected). :dontknow:
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#949 » by mkot » Tue May 14, 2024 9:06 pm

Green is a bitch but there's no need for Nukic, who got played off the court in the Wolves series, to respond :lol:

These guys :nonono:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#950 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 pm

sunsbg wrote:
for
Davion Mitchell ($6.45M)

You could draft Kolek who is very similar to TJ McConnell, OR draft Missi or Dunn as a lockdown defensive wing with size length, and athleticism, and then simply sign Zion Pullin who's nearly identical to Malcolm Brogdon from the undrafted pool. Lastly, sign Nae'Quan Tomlin with our 2nd two-way as he's a hyper-mobile, explosively athletic 6'10 mix of Jalen McDaniels/ Naz Reid!

22- Ryan Dunn- nonstop motor relentless, physical elite athletic version of Herb Jones/ Matisse Thybulle hybrid!

Undrafted (two-way) (Allowed 3 two ways under new CBA)!!

1- Zion Pullin. 6'4 high IQ Malcolm Brogdon Clone.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/zyon-pullin-1.html

2- Nae'Quan Tomlin.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/naeqwan-tomlin-1.html
A 6'10 long, quick very explosive wing/forward mix of Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid. Plays aggressively with intensity and ferocity!!

3- Ariel Huktpori. A physical, rugged, and athletic 7'0 254 lb version of a young Capela!
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Ariel-Hukporti/Summary/116911
In doing this, you've just secured elite lockdown defense throughout the perimeter and at/around the rim too, allowing the big three to rest more on defense and sustain leads longer and more easily. Not only that, But this significantly adds size, length, athleticism, energy, and physicality. :nod:

Beal/ Booker/ Covington/ KD/ Nurkic.
Paul or Lowry/ Allen/ O'neale/ Muscala/ Damion James?
Pullin/ D Lee/ Dunn/ Bol Bol/ Huktpori?

G League
Nae' Quan Tomlin? Tomlin can replace Bol Bol IF he leaves Or switch out with Dunn interchangeably in the G league.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#951 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 9:47 pm

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#952 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue May 14, 2024 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,814

Post#953 » by sunsbum » Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm

great. I can't wait to see what ishbia trade is in the works after watching these last two. Honestly, **** this guy.
I hate this team.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 665

Post#954 » by SideSwipe » Tue May 14, 2024 11:22 pm

Anyone interested in turning Beal, Nurk, Little and our two #1 picks into Van Vleet and Sengun (+Je Gree and Londale) from HOU? I have the basics of a three-way trade coming together with Trae/Beal/Nurk going to to HOU with ATL grabbing Je Green, Thompson and our two picks along with Brooks.

FVV/ Allen
Booker/ Gordon
Okogie/O'neal
Durant/ Green/ Bol
Sengun/Londale

Feels better balanced to me while getting a little younger for whatever happens post Durant. FVV, Booker, Sengun could still be good for years to come. The cost is picks and taking back some bad salary to unload Beals contract.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,676

Post#955 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed May 15, 2024 12:08 am

SideSwipe wrote:Anyone interested in turning Beal, Nurk, Little and our two #1 picks into Van Vleet and Sengun (+Je Gree and Londale) from HOU? I have the basics of a three-way trade coming together with Trae/Beal/Nurk going to to HOU with ATL grabbing Je Green, Thompson and our two picks along with Brooks.

FVV/ Allen
Booker/ Gordon
Okogie/O'neal
Durant/ Green/ Bol
Sengun/Londale

Feels better balanced to me while getting a little younger for whatever happens post Durant. FVV, Booker, Sengun could still be good for years to come. The cost is picks and taking back some bad salary to unload Beals contract.

They should fire the Houston Front Office after that trade.
NEVER in a gazillion years they would trade Sengun for that
free steve nash!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#956 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 15, 2024 12:09 am

So far, the players that fit a "dollar-for-dollar" salary swap- with Littles' contract are:
1- Jevon Carter.
2- Jalen McDaniels.
3- Nik Richards.
4- Davion Mitchell (**Mentioned by Sabrestar) :wink:
Also in that approximate salary range are these names: (6.7 million or lower).

- Boston
Payton Pritchard.
- Charlotte
Nik Richards/ Seth Curry.
- Dallas
Dwight Powell.
- Denver
Reggie Jackson (player option).
- Detroit
Troy Brown Jr.
- Indiana (Indiana Pacers)
Jalen Smith/ Isaiah Jackson.
- LA Clippers
Russell Westbrook.
- LA Lakers (LA Lakers)
Jalen Hood Schifino/ Christian Wood.
- Memphis
Zhaire Williams/ John Konchar/ Yuta Watanabe.
- Miami
Kevin Love (PO)/ Josh Richardson.
- Minnesota
Nickiel Alexander Walker.
- New York
Miles Mcbride.
- Oklahoma
Kenrich Williams.
- Sacramento
Sasha Vezenkov/ Davion Mitchell/ Chris Duarte.
- Toronto
Jalen McDaniels.

And for Nurkic the possibilities are:
1- Mitchell Robinson.
2- Steven Adams.
3-Richaun Holmes or Marvin Bagley??
4- Jock Landale?
5- Kevon Looney + filler??
(If this was the trade they'd pursue, I'd also demand GS' 24' 2nd ( #52) back in the deal as Looney is only 6'9 and we'll need to address frontcourt depth post-trade.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#957 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 15, 2024 12:17 am

SideSwipe wrote:Anyone interested in turning Beal, Nurk, Little and our two #1 picks into Van Vleet and Sengun (+Je Gree and Londale) from HOU? I have the basics of a three-way trade coming together with Trae/Beal/Nurk going to to HOU with ATL grabbing Je Green, Thompson and our two picks along with Brooks.

FVV/ Allen
Booker/ Gordon
Okogie/O'neal
Durant/ Green/ Bol
Sengun/Londale

Jalen Green is the centerpiece in terms of value here, But a couple issues,
1- They already have Steven Adams at 12 million per, so I don't see them wanting Nurkic.
2- They'd want multiple 1sts for Jalen Green as he's a young cornerstone piece for them kind of like how Booker is viewed to us.
3- They wouldn't trade Sengun for anything less than a superstar-type package due to how great he's been for them.
4- Landale is irrelevant to them and we could easily get him IF we actually had matching salaries, BUT we don't! and the only other way we could get him is if they chose to buy him out and he'd sign with us on the vet min somehow.

But it is an interesting trade idea, And I wish we had the right assets to get something done like that man! :D
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,814

Post#958 » by sunsbum » Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

So far, the players that fit a "dollar-for-dollar" salary swap- with Littles' contract are:
1- Jevon Carter.
2- Jalen McDaniels.
3- Nik Richards.

- Boston
Payton Pritchard.
- Charlotte
- Dallas
Dwight Powell.
- Denver
- Detroit
Troy Brown Jr.
- LA Clippers
Russell Westbrook.
- LA Lakers (LA Lakers)
- Memphis
- Miami
- Minnesota
- New York
Miles Mcbride.
- Oklahoma
Kenrich Williams.
- Sacramento
- Toronto
Jalen McDaniels.

1- Mitchell Robinson.
2- Steven Adams.
4- Jock Landale?
(If this was the trade they'd pursue, I'd also demand GS' 24' 2nd ( #52) back in the deal as Looney is only 6'9 and we'll need to address frontcourt depth post-trade.
What an awful video, none of those players listed are going to do anything. Imagine being excited over that list of players.
I hate this team.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#959 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 am

sunsbum wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1- Jevon Carter.
2- Jalen McDaniels.
3- Nik Richards.

- Boston
Payton Pritchard.
- Charlotte
- Dallas
Dwight Powell.
- Denver
- Detroit
Troy Brown Jr.
- LA Clippers
Russell Westbrook.
- LA Lakers (LA Lakers)
- Memphis
- Miami
- Minnesota
- New York
Miles Mcbride.
- Oklahoma
Kenrich Williams.
- Sacramento
- Toronto
Jalen McDaniels.

1- Mitchell Robinson.
2- Steven Adams.
4- Jock Landale?

What an awful video, none of those players listed are going to do anything. Imagine being excited over that list of players.

Yep! And this kind of ego driven delusion from Ishbia and Jones is what's going to push us even further behind the rest of the league resulting in a rebuild that'll end up twice as long as our first one. Once he finally accepts that the reason it's so hard to trade vet minimum players is that the entire league already has established their very poor value, which is why you don't ever see trades built around mostly washed vet min players.

Everyone knows that they suck, which is why they only get minimum deals. It's asinine that we have to attach value to our outgoing players just to get other teams to consider them. It really speaks to how terrible a GM James Jones truly is when you keep picking players so lousy that you have to surrender additional value just to move them. The league will never take us seriously while we keeping promoting this clown show. :-?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#960 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 15, 2024 6:37 am

This is why I tried to keep promoting the draft, to try and avoid this collapse by keeping a consistent influx of young cheap talent to sustain our core competitively. At some point soon though this is all going to fall apart quickly. And then Ishbia will finally be forced to change course.

Return to Phoenix Suns