ImageImageImage

I blame all the Suns problems on Mike D'Antoni!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

I blame all the Suns problems on Mike D'Antoni! 

Post#1 » by ray ray » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:21 pm

I know that I'm going to get ripped for this subject but it's time that some one calls out Mike D'Antoni out. Yes, I understand that he has had a great run with the Suns in the last 3 REGULAR season. But in the post season he has been out coached, out managed and still does not play more than 8 players in his roster. Here are my reason why I think he should get fired and we get a coach that can bring in some discipline, defensive strategy with accountability.

1) Coach D'Antoni continues to play with only 8 players when we have Grant Hill, Steve Nash, Raja Bell who are older and Amare who had microfacture surgery 2 yrs ago. Are you telling me that Marcus Banks or Sean Marks can't afford about 7-10 minutes a game? Are they that bad as players? But everytime Banks gets a chance to play he does well and eventhough Marks is not the best player he does bring some effort to the game. Let me ask you another question, why did he only play Skinner 7 minutes on the game on Saturday?? Becouse he's a stubborn mule who still beleives in Boris " NO BALLS" Diaw.

2) Another thing hat bothers me is why don't they practice more often. I know that their style is more hective and requires more time off but don't you think that on those practices they can work on their defense schemes or even thought I don't beleive they need it, but maybe how to rebound or box out once in a while. Isn't there a saying out there that practice makes perfect?? I tstarting to think that maybe this run and gun style is fun and exciting but it won't win you a title and ultimatly you play to win it all.

3) Why does he run plays for Amare more aften. I know that Amare can be a pre maddona but you can't deny that he is one of the best offensive players in the league. I love Barbosa's personalities and his scoring ability but he needs to learn how to pass the ball Amare once in a while. I'm sick and tired of Barbosa going 1 on 2 an missing a layup. Can some please let Mike D'Antoni know that the league had finally figure how to play the Suns and that he needs to come up with a new plan and strategy.

I'm a huge Suns fan but if Amare gets traded there's a part of me that will resent Mike D'Antoni becouse he's to blame in all this mess. O yea, there is speculation that Amare is on the market ,which in my humble opinion SUCKS!!!!!
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#2 » by guaves13 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:31 pm

Did this really need another thread? It would have been perfect in the send MD back to Europe thread.
Suns_fan_2007
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Suns_fan_2007 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:37 pm

Mike brings a lot of the problems on himself.

If the team loses, and Marks, Banks, Pike, etc bench are playing, we can forgive him because we know at least we're not wasting the health / energy of the starters, and the bench is getting good experience to help us in the playoffs.

But when he sticks to a 8 man rotation and we still lose, it becomes very disappointing.
Suns fan during the KJ era (Coliseum), through the Barkley era (Am West Arena), and now the Nash era (US Airways Arena)!
PHXfan85
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by PHXfan85 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:56 pm

IBTL(?)

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
Vernon Maxwell
Junior

Post#5 » by Vernon Maxwell » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:07 am

PHXfan85 wrote:IBTL(?)

IBTL.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#6 » by -SDU- » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:16 am

nice one ray ray

now KJ or mace have to merge 10 more threads
PHXfan85
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#7 » by PHXfan85 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:24 am

Vernon Maxwell wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

IBTL.

IBTL!

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#8 » by -SDU- » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:28 am

IBTMFL?

considering the 2 most active mods are in the southern hemisphere, probably working, this thread may have another 4-5 hours before a mod sees it ;-)

go nutz

ray ray - may i suggest cutting and pasting your post into my rant thread or another dantoni thread and locking this one?

your points are worth discussing
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#9 » by Cash » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:38 am

Nice post-pad, Suns Down Under. Me, I don't pad my post count, I pad my word count (by typing Suns Down Under instead of SDU).

What? Word count isn't being tracked? That's bull!
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#10 » by ma_falaa_50 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:44 am

well, Dantoni is an offensive genius not exactly a strategic genius. If you look at the hornets game there are lots of calls he should have done. But Ill try to hold my anti- dantoni rants until his firing next year. I always make fun of him anyways so whatever.

gut check time suckas!
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#11 » by KJ7 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:57 am

Return to Phoenix Suns