ImageImageImage

Indiana Pacers @ Phoenix Suns [Game 35]

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#141 » by Cash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:56 am

Game Over. Great job by the Suns coming back from playing like total crap in every phase of the game for the entire 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd. Matrix, Amare, Barbosa, and Bell were all big. Diaw was maybe still too invisible, but I felt like he helped the team more than hurt it when he was out there. Skinner was pretty decent, but not on the court down the stretch. Banks made some good plays, some bad plays, and didn't seem to have his legs on his jumper -- he missed a few good looks because he just left them short. Obviously he won't be as good every game as he was against the Nuggets, but if this was a "down" game, we're in great shape with Banks. If this was more like average, we can live with him playing rotation minutes (and we'll have to, if Nash misses any more time). Whoever spells Nash really just needs to not kill the team while he's out there, so Nash can get some rest. I'd say Banks was better than just "didn't kill us" tonight, but only helped us a little more than he hurt us. Which is great, as far as I'm concerned.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
Forecast
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#142 » by Forecast » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am

just watched the game..Tinsley just gave that one to you guys
Cash
Veteran

Post#143 » by Cash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

leaguegod692 wrote:nash only 24 minutes ?

at work, so just watching the boxscore, is he injured ?

How many times do I have to post it before people realize he left the game because of the flu? Am I on your ignore list or something? If so, please respond to this post. If not, say nothing at all.
Cash
Veteran

Post#144 » by Cash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 am

Forecast wrote:just watched the game..Tinsley just gave that one to you guys

Yup. I think the Suns would've taken it anyway, but Tinsley's outrageous chucking in OT pretty much sealed the deal.
13-32
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by 13-32 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 am

I was actually starting to lkaugh at those shots Tinsley was chucking up

That Shawne Williams kid is a beast, I'd love him here. Granger was nice aswell to bad Tinsley is such a ball stopper

Raja and Shawn were both Warriors tonight defintely have to give kudos to them

Amare was pretty quiet in the 4th but finished them off in OT

Hope Nash is OK for tomorrow.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#146 » by pidi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am

JustMoe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Let me guess: you're from Southern Germany, right? ;)

haha, exact.... stuttgart--
JazzFan4Life18
Banned User

Post#147 » by JazzFan4Life18 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am

XD

Tinsley's ballhoggery in OT was the most hilarious thing I've seen this year. I think Dunleavy's tip-in off of Tinsley's missed 3 was the only shot he didn't take in OT.

Anyways, gl tomorrow. Suns @ Jazz
djuandemarco
Senior
And1: 4

Post#148 » by djuandemarco » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:15 am

This team is gonna kill me . i'm always in "hysterical" mode when i watch this lovely SUNS.

Hill OUT, Nash with the flu but still fighting and showing some balls 'till the end. And Raja show up tonight when we need him to do it.

go SUNS!
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#149 » by ma_falaa_50 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:24 am

Man that was a good game. Hard to watch but im glad the suns showed some heart out there. I was really glad banks played and skinner played. I was both impressed with their play. I hope phx continue to excert some offert on the glass. I think with Diaw and Amare as the frountcourt guys the rebounidng was really bad. Offensively it was a good game for amare but in total it was a horrible game for him.

gut check time suckas!
myron
Junior

Post#150 » by myron » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 am

Nash can stay sick as long as he likes. It will be good to have a few games without him
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#151 » by KJ7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:21 am

We sure left this one late. I was expecting a rally in the 2nd or 3rd qtr and we just kept plodding along until we decided to pull our finger out in the last couple of mins.

Boy Amare was quiet in that 4th qtr up until about a min or two to go. Took over in OT thankfully. LB went sick at one stage there. Nice to see Bell has gotten over his shooting hoodoo at home.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#152 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:38 am

man, the way we acted like barbs was our franchise guy and ignored amare through the 3rd and 4th had me pulling my hair out

its nice to grind out a win with banks getting minutes, bell and barbs both showing nice form (especially bell getting some long shots in for once) diaw looked productive and any win when you are missing your 2 best floor generals down the stretch is nice

but the main thing i take out of this game was how we underutilized one of the most unstoppable offensive forces in the league when nash was gone

people say amare is nothing without nash and i say thats BS, but maybe its true because nash is the only one who gives him the ball?

:-(
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#153 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:01 am

:clap: Nice W. All in all, it was a pretty good win to get without Grant Hill and of course Nash for most of the second half. Don't forget we also missed Amare for a good portion of the first half due to foul trouble.

Will be interesting to see who will start tomorrow as you would expect Nash not to suit up. Will Mike D go with the conventional line-up or stay small?

PEACE!!!
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#154 » by JustMoe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:55 am

pidi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

haha, exact.... stuttgart--

I KNEW it ;) Maultaschen, ok, those are popular in Germany in general, but Maultaschensuppe? That's a little too special :lol:
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#155 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Not a bad win....we should definitely have taken care of business early when facing a team without their best player, and the fact that we were still outboarded even though O'Neal wasn't playing sucks, but a win is a win....I just would have liked to see a win in more impressive fashion.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#156 » by mkot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm

-SDU- wrote:man, the way we acted like barbs was our franchise guy and ignored amare through the 3rd and 4th had me pulling my hair out

At the end of the 4th and in OT, Amare was getting his touches (Raja as well), LB wasn't dominating the ball at the right time. And I think the threat of LB going off gave Amare a little more room to operate.

Return to Phoenix Suns