ImageImageImage

Request: Can we have a stickied "Trade Thread"?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Should we have an all-encompassing trade thread?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 14

rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Request: Can we have a stickied "Trade Thread"? 

Post#1 » by rsavaj » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I was just thinking that it would be more convenient to have a "Post all trades here" type of thread so we wouldn't have a bunch of individual threads cluttering the board...
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#2 » by WTFsunsFTW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:33 pm

That would force trade discussion into extinction. It was be a demolition derby of trade spam with no way to separate different ideas.

Don't be a thread nazi...
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#3 » by rsavaj » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 pm

WTFsunsFTW wrote:Don't be a thread nazi...

:o Sorry I asked....

And last I checked, the 96 page "All Trade Talk Here" thread on the Lakers board isn't a demolition derby of trade spam with no way to separate different ideas, and I believe 96 pages is evidence that your usage of the word "extinct" is highly suspect.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#4 » by Stix » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:21 pm

yes please! I feel this board would benefit from this especially in this next month before the deadline. After the deadline it could be taken down because trade discussion probably won't pick up again until after the post season. I also sometimes feel like a nuisance when I post trade ideas, having a thread would be good, IMO.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran

Post#5 » by WTFsunsFTW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 pm

I wouldnt call the 96 pages of laker fanboys spewing trade links "discussion."

But I guess there are people that choose Coors Light over Guinness out there too.
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#6 » by JustMoe » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:13 pm

WTFsunsFTW wrote:That would force trade discussion into extinction. It was be a demolition derby of trade spam with no way to separate different ideas.

Don't be a thread nazi...

Congratulations WTF, you just came up with another proof for Godwin's Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law :lol:

And I agree with rsavaj: several teams have a stickied threads for all of the trade talk, and since most of the recent posts on this board were trade proposals it would definitely make some sense on this one, as well. I'm all in favor of this idea.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#7 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:31 pm

:clap: Definitely a great idea. That would mean I would only have to ignore one thread as opposed to many. :wink:
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
Mamba8
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Mamba8 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 am

It works real well on the lakers board.

At first the mods had to really enforce it and would lock posts were ppl would post trade threads and they would be locked and put in the trade thread.

It really keeps the boards clean. Hope you guys do it!
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#9 » by JustMoe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:00 am

^ No big surprise regarding the amounts of Kobe trades that came up on the Trade Board. Bet you guys got most of them posted on your team board, as well. Compared to that we're still pretty lucky, even though we had our share of it when the trade rumors regarding Marion came up, as well ;)
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#10 » by KJ7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:04 am

My only objection to this is that it might become confusing if say 3 ppl post different trade ideas around the same time. PPL will be responding to different trade ideas and it might become confusing.

Definitely something to keep in mind and if you have a way of getting around that issue please let me know and the mods will discuss it.

In the meantime, please feel free to chime in with why you do/don't think this is a good idea.
acis
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#11 » by acis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:17 am

i vote yes. there are currently 6 different trade threads posted on the main page. i see the potential for it becoming confusing but at the same time, with the trade deadline coming up, i could see the board turning in to a complete mess with all the trade ideas being posted.

it's something to keep in mind as the deadline gets closer. might also want to consider a fire dantoni sticky :P
^^impulsenine
Shzm13
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#12 » by Shzm13 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:56 am

I voted "NO" simply because you all hate Boris..
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,335

Post#13 » by TASTIC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:03 am

I'm going to say no, mainly because of what KJ said - some threads can get lost among the shuffle, and then you get the problem of people just using the trade machine willy nilly and putting a million different ideas in the same thread - not a massive problem or anything, but it can be a little overkill.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,325

Post#14 » by Frank Lee » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 am

just how cluttered do you think this will get ??? I don't think many proposals for Banks, Pike, Tucker, Marks will surface...only a few teams under the cap can absorb Barbo....and nobody...and I mean nobody, wants Doris. The threads would drop off the board after a suitable discussion and stomp down anyways...if other topics we created or revisited.

Leave it be...there are enough rules around here.. our sherrifs enforce them....with the ever watchful eye of the self appointed deputies
What ? Me Worry ?
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran

Post#15 » by WTFsunsFTW » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:11 pm

I thought the shelf life of a thread here was pretty decent. Discussions dont get buried very quickly during the regular season, and no discussion is really over-discussed or beaten into the ground compared to other venues. Sifting out every thrade thread has the high possibility of stagnating the rest of the conversation here.

I am for what KJ7 already does, which is merge similar threads. If we he wants to overemphasize his actions on trade threads, combining trades involving the same team or player(ie: a Diaw sticky would be superb), I would be all for that.

Internet discussion already has way to much potential to turn into subhuman discourse, lets not increase those odds by limiting the locations of where it can be employed.

Return to Phoenix Suns