Rookie
And1: 1

the reason the lakers are 3rd 

Post#1 » by acis » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:38 am

^^impulsenine
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#2 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:02 pm

i didnt think it was possible, but watching that just made me a worse basketball player and now i speakada nota so goooda englisha
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#3 » by pidi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 am

alla we cana nowa doa, ah, is to watch this tapes day in and day out....
and hope out head turns to yellow / blue and we will looka likea sorta of champions...
Don't avoid the filter! KJ7
Orange_Blooded
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Orange_Blooded » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:51 am

You gotta admit thats one hell of a shot fake, I mean the guy knew he was gonna fake it but he still jumped to the side of him....like a "mesquito bite".... He was like "oh... whats going on?"

Quite the Hero.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#5 » by WTFsunsFTW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 am

like a mosquito bite!
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#6 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:34 pm

I love how this only got 4 responses and yet over 500+ views.

Truth be told, I'm afraid of Phil Jackson. Not Kobe, not even Bynum.

Jackson lights years > M.D
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#7 » by -SDU- » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:15 pm

of course this had to turn into a dantoni fault thread
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#8 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:43 pm

What should we be talking about?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#9 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:56 am

well in a thread titled "the reason the lakers are 3rd" i thought we would be talking about that?

;-)
walkingart
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#10 » by walkingart » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 am

The real reasons the Lakers have climbed the ranks in the Western Conference.

1. They were never as bad as we thought. Before being hit with injuries last season, I believe they were in contention to be a 4 or 5 sead.
2. Andrew Bynum is the real deal. Let's hope Phil is right when he suggests that Bynum is playing for a contract. And damn the coin toss! If we had won, maybe Amare would have been developing a post up game with Kareem the past few years!
3. Derek Fisher is a MASSIVE upgrade over Parker.
4. Despite bad moves they wished they could take back: Radman and Kwame. They have continued to improve due to the draft, where they nabbed players who are now contributing in Farmar, Walton, Turiaf, and ofcourse Bynum.

Put all that together with one of the best coaches in Phil Jackson, arguably the best player in the NBA with Kobe, and a fringe All Star in Odum who has only missed 5 games so far and you have the team which could end up being the 3rd best team in the West. A team that is 2 and 0 against the Suns.
acis
Rookie

Post#11 » by acis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:42 am

walkingart wrote:The real reasons the Lakers have climbed the ranks in the Western Conference.

1. They were never as bad as we thought. Before being hit with injuries last season, I believe they were in contention to be a 4 or 5 sead.
2. Andrew Bynum is the real deal. Let's hope Phil is right when he suggests that Bynum is playing for a contract. And damn the coin toss! If we had won, maybe Amare would have been developing a post up game with Kareem the past few years!
3. Derek Fisher is a MASSIVE upgrade over Parker.
4. Despite bad moves they wished they could take back: Radman and Kwame. They have continued to improve due to the draft, where they nabbed players who are now contributing in Farmar, Walton, Turiaf, and ofcourse Bynum.

Put all that together with one of the best coaches in Phil Jackson, arguably the best player in the NBA with Kobe, and a fringe All Star in Odum who has only missed 5 games so far and you have the team which could end up being the 3rd best team in the West. A team that is 2 and 0 against the Suns.
who knew that would haunt the suns 30 years later.

^^impulsenine
CroesusDeluxo
Banned User

Post#12 » by CroesusDeluxo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:52 am

yah ia gree w walkingart who said that the lakers were never as bad as we thought

also, kobe
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#13 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:05 am

each year that the lakers have only come 8th and snuck into the playoffs they have had massive injury issues

this year they are relatively healthy and as mentioned before, bynum and fisher have solidified the 2 most important positions on the court

lakers are a solid unit for sure
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#14 » by -SDU- » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:19 pm

-SDU- wrote:each year that the lakers have only come 8th and snuck into the playoffs they have had massive injury issues

this year they are relatively healthy and as mentioned before, bynum and fisher have solidified the 2 most important positions on the court

lakers are a solid unit for sure

^^ did I just jinx them?

:oops:
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#15 » by WTFsunsFTW » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:15 am

oh snap
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#16 » by JustMoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:37 am

-SDU- wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

^^ did I just jinx them?

:oops:

I hope you get the living hell beaten out of you by some angry Lakers fans the way those Knicks fans should have done it when you were posing in front of the MSG in your Suns jersey...oh, and cursing the Lakers wasn't exactly nice, btw ;)
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#17 » by -SDU- » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:23 am

^ dont make me jinx the raptors bro ;-)

i feel like talking about tim duncan for some reason.... its amazing how healthy he has stayed over recent years when his age and style of play would suggest he should be missing some more games

................................................................................

:o
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#18 » by JustMoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 am

:rofl: Who do you want to curse on the Raptors? TJ?! Or maybe Bargnani? Worst thing is an injury to the latter would most likely help the team...talking about Crapnani, I'm still not sure who the joker was who sent me the Bargnani-Dalembert trade propsal in our Fantasy League just a few minutes after we agreed on the TJ-Tinsley trade :banghead:

Edit: ok, I just looked it up and it was nevetsov aka the guy with the running cactus/whatever figure as an avatar - not cool, dude!

But talking about Duncan seeming to always stay heathly, I really think you should go more into details about that. Oh, and I guess I'll have to watch the next Spurs game *evil laughter*
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
FukaX
Banned User

Post#19 » by FukaX » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 am

you didnt jinx the lakers,

a laker poster with his 666th post talked about the success of Lakers 3 days before bynum's injury :nonono: :banghead: :nonono: :banghead: :nonono: :banghead: :nonono: :banghead:

Return to Phoenix Suns