ImageImageImage

Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers [Game 38]

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#61 » by mkot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 am

Two-day layoff pattern remains intact. We almost always look out of sync after a two day rest. Bad defense, bad offense, lazy shot attempts, etc. Cassell is hot tonight, the old dude always get up against us.

This year's squad seems to unable to pull ahead in games where they're only down 3-4 points. They just don't have whatever it takes to will themselves back into the game.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#62 » by nashill » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 am

We gotta win the next game!
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#63 » by Black Jesus 1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:55 am

What f'ing team lets Sam Cassell shoot 15-21?! Honestly.
I can see 8-11, 6-9..something along those lines, but 15-21? Holy sht
Way to play D :roll:
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#64 » by mkot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:59 am

Thank you Doris Diaw for another 1 REBOUND and passive game :roll: I mean, sure overall he played ok (7 points 6 assists) but YOU CAN'T GET 1 REBOUND FROM YOUR STARTING POWER FORWARD and expect to win the rebound battle against ANY team and plus the piss poor shooting, it's amazing we had kept the game as close as it was in the 4th :roll: :roll:
djuandemarco
Senior
And1: 4

Post#65 » by djuandemarco » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 am

Nice time out by the SUNS...trying' to hit a 2 in a 6 pt game...and marion missed a DUNK.

Evryone on that team , except STEVE, can kiss my ass
asubennett
Senior
And1: 59

Post#66 » by asubennett » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:05 am

This team has no cohesion. YOu cant lose to the Brand Less Clippers like that. Ranks up there with out Miami and MN losses.

If we get owned for the third straight time against the Lakers Thurs. this team needs a shake up.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
huk
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#67 » by huk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:38 am

nash 5-14 14pts 13ast +12

I love how he has a mediocre night but yet easily the most important player in the game. nash missed a couple of shots near the end, but without him it would've been a blowout...i'm sure he's pissed about missing some of those shots. he didn't take the best shot available sometimes near the end, but he took shots he's capable of making. it seems like no one plays with the passion or intensity that he does. i see amare laze around on the glass and defense; i see marion act like he can do ANYTHING at all off the dribble,i see diaw not taking advantage of his talent; i see barbosa struggle for no apparent reason; i see raja bell reveal his true streaky nature...and i see that he's lost a step (maybe he's hurt); and i see a coach unwilling to realize that our bench will play a more important part in our success then he realizes....unless he can figure out how to get guys 2-5 to play with the desire nash brings every night.

this is probably the most negative post you'll see from me...but i was heavily drinking earlier with a ton of friends while watching the game. it could be the booze talking, but i was extremely disappointed with how the suns played tonight.

oh...and sam cassell...retire you POS, you had one of the luckiest nights in your career (for some reason i have a deep hatred of sam).
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#68 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am

djuandemarco wrote:Evryone on that team , except STEVE, can kiss my ass

i think amare played his a$$ off tonight man, surely he can be excused from a$$ kissing duties? :-)

:clap: to the suns for getting amare 22 shots!, he shot 50% noice, we did seem to avoid him in the 3rd when we got in a hole

as for cassell, really, we did play good D, we had marion, nash banks bell on him and he torched them all, sometimes you just have to take your hat off to the guy, I dont blame our defense, i just believe cassell had one of those nights

watching the replay the one on one D on him was not spectacular but it was indeed solid. our all NBA defender couldnt stop him, so just write it off and worry about kobe
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#69 » by JustMoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:21 pm

What a tiny gamethread. See what happens when you don't show up, SDU, SEE WHAT HAPPENS?! ;)

So we were right about expecting Boris to go back to his former self again, hm? One single damn rebound in 37 minutes?! Now THAT's ugly :nonono:
He would probably really have benefited from us not having such a long break and continuing to play the next day, as I said at the beginning of this thread...at least that's what I want to believe since otherwise it would mean he's just simply totally full of it :(
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#70 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 am

he may have had 1 board, which SUCKED, but there were still signs that looked more positive than earlier this season

as long as he is improving, then its better than the total crap he was earlier this year
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#71 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 am

Wow, just realized this was 6 pages..ouch
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#72 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 am

sorry - ill be here for the lakers game ;-)
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#73 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 am

-SDU- wrote:sorry - ill be here for the lakers game ;-)

Good.

you're our Steve Nash, you get us flowing.

-did that sound gay? true tho..:lol:

Return to Phoenix Suns