ImageImageImage

Phoenix Suns @ Milwaukee Bucks [Game 42]

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#101 » by mkot » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 am

Hill clearly isn't himself tonight, he left the game clutching his side. I really think we should still start Boris and bring Hill in off the bench to at least get his condition back and shake off the rust, also to see how it goes with Boris.

EDIT: Oh, and Boris looks out of syn tonight, 4 TOs, did have 5 points 5 boards to go with 5 assists tho.
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#102 » by KJ7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 am

Stoudemire Layup Shot: Made (17 PTS) Assist: Nash (8 AST) 3:30 [PHX 100-99]
3:07 Villanueva 3pt Shot: Missed
Nash Rebound (Off:1 Def:3) 3:06
Nash 3pt Shot: Made (30 PTS) 2:48 [PHX 103-99]
2:29 Bogut Turnover:Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Stoudemire (2 ST)
Team Timeout:Regular 2:25
Nash 3pt Shot: Made (33 PTS) Assist: Stoudemire (1 AST) 2:04 [PHX 106-99]

This passage pretty much won us the game. Thanks STAT and Nash.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#103 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 am

^ i was DISGUSTED with the way we used amare tonight, absolutely disgusted

i know the bucks try to make nash a scorer and all, but we flat out ignored amare.

its funny how when we needed points in the clutch we went nash amare pick and roll. we ALWAYS do that down the stretch and it ALWAYS works, why the hell did we not do that more in the second and 3rd quarters????!!!!????

thank god we decided that the offense SHOULD go through the beast before it was too late

in the last 5 minutes of the game amare had 8 points 3 boards a block an assist and a steal

he took only 8 shots for the game, that is inexcusable!

a win is a win, but i hope we learnt a lesson from that or else the wolves will trounce us tomorrow
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#104 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:16 am

skones wrote:Just curious about your guys thoughts on Bogut. He's been on fire all month.

dude seems to have been sparked by the last time these 2 teams played and has been on fire ever since

anything that gets NBA coverage increasing here in australia i am all in support of

i hate bogut, but i love his success
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#105 » by mkot » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:36 am

-SDU- wrote:^ i was DISGUSTED with the way we used amare tonight, absolutely disgusted

i know the bucks try to make nash a scorer and all, but we flat out ignored amare.

Yea, they didn't run any play for Amare. But to be fair, I don't think you can fault Nash for not feeding Amare. the Bucks defense really tried to make it very hard for Nash to get the ball to Amare. They just switched on everything and got big guys like Yi, Bogut and CV on him, where Nash can easily shoot over them or just take them off the dribble. Basically, they let Nash score and see if he can beat them - and he did. 13/23 from the field, 5/9 from long range, and then hit some timely jumpers late in the 4th that opened up the pick and roll with him and Amare because of his scoring. I think we're just taking what the defense gives them. First they let Nash score, and when Nash got it going late in the 4th, they realized they have to guard him and it opened up the pick and roll. Amare got only 8 shots, but also had 7 FTA, that summed up to about 11, so that's ok IMO. And I'll take his 19 points on 8 shots (plus clutch 4th quarter play) over Bogut's 19 points on 16 shots. He also added 12 boards, 3 blocks and 2 steals.

BTW, more DJ please. I'm not mad at Mike for not playing DJ this game because 1) Nash and Raja were the two best players tonight and 2) we needed them on the court and we were playing behind most of the game except the 1st, but he was everywhere, making good things happen on defense...but his offense really needs work! He can't finish to save his life. Those missed layup reminds me a little of LB's during his rookie year. He's got a really nice ability to get to the rim, very quick and explosive, just no real concept of how to finish against defense once he's there. Dan should spend some time with him. Also teach him not to rest his hands (or is he pulling his socks or something?) in possession...get your hands ready rook!
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#106 » by guaves13 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 pm

mkot wrote:Hill clearly isn't himself tonight, he left the game clutching his side. I really think we should still start Boris and bring Hill in off the bench to at least get his condition back and shake off the rust, also to see how it goes with Boris.
EDIT: Oh, and Boris looks out of syn tonight, 4 TOs, did have 5 points 5 boards to go with 5 assists tho.
Unfortunately that ship has sailed now. It would look like a demotion for GH. If MD would've done it yesterday he would've had more options. And right on cue Boris looked lost at times. Time will tell whether he can regain the aggressiveness he had last week.

Return to Phoenix Suns