ImageImageImage

told you guys so

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

told you guys so 

Post#1 » by dflaschberger » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 pm

talk on chicago board is suns' radio discussing marion for ben wallace deal. Now we all know more would be thrown in, but the #'s work. you guys DON'T want Wallace, trust me.

but, my suggestion a few weeks ago looks better than ever-Joe Smith for the ATL pick (protected, of course)

I guarantee you Al jeff wouldn't have done that to him. Amare is not good on D, let's admit it. Joe Smith is, plus he's a great shooter. We're gonna make a playoff run now, but in a few weeks, if the bulls still suck, the suns and magic make the most sense for the bulls to send SMith (to save some $ next year and free up minutes for TThomas).

nash/barb/duhon
bell/barb/hill
marion/hill/diaw
JSmith/marion/diaw
Amare/skinner/smith

we could make it more fair and do a separate duhon/banks swap. You save money and get a slight upgrade behind Nash.
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#2 » by Pugsley_2491 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 pm

hmm this is weird. i didn't think this kind of deal would happen but maybe if the bulls added in their 2008 first rounder would that be enough to spike your interest?
hunterxaz
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#3 » by hunterxaz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:26 pm

suns will never get rid of marion, nash, or stoudemire this season. they'd never get rid of nash until he retired.
The Phoenix Suns - 54-28. Projected Record: 54-28 3rd Seed

The Phoenix Suns - 2010-2011 Projected Record: 30-52 3rd lottery pick.
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by impulsenine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:44 pm

IBTL.

But I'm sure some Chicago radio guys know what Sarver is going to do better than... Sarver.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#5 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:19 pm

freakin fools

people say amare is bad at defense, but dont realise 50% of his issues is trying to avoid foul trouble

his defense isnt all NBA level, but its also not as bad as ignorant armchair fans think
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#6 » by dm17415 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Since when is Joe Smith a good defender and worthy of a possible lottery pick?
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#7 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm

i dont mind joe smith myself, but would he get minutes over skinner? who knows?

i wouldnt trade for anyone shorter than 7 foot, smith isnt a shot blocker
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,492

Post#8 » by BurningHeart » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Ben Wallace?

Mike D'Antoni is scared of people who can't shoot.

Ben Wallace is a cancer.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#9 » by Ben » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 pm

impulsenine wrote:IBTL.

But I'm sure some Chicago radio guys know what Sarver is going to do better than... Sarver.

As a Chicago fan I would be delighted to trade you Wallace, but I agree with the other posters that it'd be insane for you.

Nonetheless, the OP said that the report came from PHOENIX radio, not Chicago radio. That's the way it was reported to us by an Arizona-based poster.

Reading is Fundamental.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Re: told you guys so 

Post#10 » by nashill » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 am

dflaschberger wrote:talk on chicago board is suns' radio discussing marion for ben wallace deal. Now we all know more would be thrown in, but the #'s work. you guys DON'T want Wallace, trust me.

but, my suggestion a few weeks ago looks better than ever-Joe Smith for the ATL pick (protected, of course)

I guarantee you Al jeff wouldn't have done that to him. Amare is not good on D, let's admit it. Joe Smith is, plus he's a great shooter. We're gonna make a playoff run now, but in a few weeks, if the bulls still suck, the suns and magic make the most sense for the bulls to send SMith (to save some $ next year and free up minutes for TThomas).

nash/barb/duhon
bell/barb/hill
marion/hill/diaw
JSmith/marion/diaw
Amare/skinner/smith

we could make it more fair and do a separate duhon/banks swap. You save money and get a slight upgrade behind Nash.

i wont mind wallace... it wont happen though
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#11 » by dflaschberger » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:23 am

smith plays good D. Not great, but very solid and he is mobile. He would help you on both ends and is a great locker room guy. A PERFECT fit for the suns, I'm telling you.
walkingart
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by walkingart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:38 am

it was on Gambo and Ash...but i never heard them say Wallace by name. they said they had it on good authority that the Suns were going to acquire another big before the deadline, someone who is a legit Center. they think there are too many teams that are a bad matchup for Amare to play the 5 and he needs to move to the 4.

they mentioned bringing someone in that is not currently on a roster, picking up someone who gets cut (ala TT from a few years back), or making a trade. obviously, the first two options would be better for the Suns, because they would most likely be min. contracts.

I don't think CWebb fits in, and I don't think PJ is coming back.

Here is a list of players I think may get cut, bought out, or would be a possibility to make a trade for:

Joel Przybilla
Channing Frye
Dalembert
Theo Ratliff
Mark Blount
Jeff Foster

Theo is the only one I think may get cut or bought out.

Good luck to any big the Suns bring in, Mike D will probably let you rot on the bench!
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#13 » by dm17415 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 am

Frye would get playing time here due to his mid-range jumper, maybe the TE and Atl pick will get it done?
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#14 » by pidi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:34 am

frye would be sugar in phoenix, believe me....
i think we solve our problems by letting diaw start.. he could play center or pf, than we don
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,206

Post#15 » by garrick » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:08 am

Is Frye a good defenders against centers?
He looks a bit thin.
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#16 » by ray ray » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:37 pm

garrick wrote:Is Frye a good defenders against centers?
He looks a bit thin.

I would love to obtain Joel Pryzbilla from the Blazers. He is a very good one on one defender who can challange the Timmy's of the world. Joel is not going to stop Tim but he will challange Duncan. Joel is also a very good rebounder and he will move Amare to the PF which Amare will dominate both offensively and defensively as well.
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#17 » by dflaschberger » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:42 pm

I figured your window is now, for these 2 years with Nash-therefore you'd want a tested vet-joe smith
guaves13
Veteran

Post#18 » by guaves13 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:48 pm

dflaschberger wrote:I figured your window is now, for these 2 years with Nash-therefore you'd want a tested vet-joe smith
There is no reason why Nash won't play beyond his current contract. He may not be MVP worthy but he shows no sign of letting up yet. I see him playing with us for another 4 years at least. Much like Stockton did with Utah. His minutes may be backed off in his late 30's but he should be able to be a starter and play about 1/2 the game and still be effective on the offensive end.

The only window is the one with the trio of Nash/Amare/Matrix. This may be the last year for that group if Matrix decides to opt out. That may not be a horrible thing though. We could do alot with that salary off the books.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,206

Post#19 » by garrick » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Joe is good but he's actually a PF and a tad bit undersized.
guaves13
Veteran

Post#20 » by guaves13 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:15 pm

The only one of those guys who I would think about trading the Atl pick for is Frye. He is still young, has a reasonable deal, and fits our style. I'm not sure he is the answer on the defensive end but he would be an improvement over the guys we have. Skinner's seems to be coming back down to earth after his early start and Boris isn't big or physical enough to make a difference on D.

Pryzbilla is probably the best of the group on the defensive end but he has a pretty large/long deal so I wouldn't expect PHX to be interested unless they can unload some contracts of their own.

I don't see Minny cutting Ratliff as they were just talking about how they were looking forward to getting him back after the all-star break.

Joe Smith would be decent but he would cost the Suns over $10m prorated for this year.

Daly is way, way, way out of our price range.

I think Frye is the winner. He costs Sarver $5m this year but he is young and talented enough to be worth sacrificing the Atl pick for. Lottery protected of course. Portland is over the lux tax also so they may be willing to cut some salary this year. Frye is redundant behind Aldridge and with Oden coming back next year they can use that spot for somthing else.

Return to Phoenix Suns