ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,759

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#101 » by Revived » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:32 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Revived wrote:His taste in women is as good as his jumper 8-)

Read on Twitter

Don't believe it and have you googled that um, large girl? If that is his girl, he has a certain kind of fetish.

They've been pictured numerous times hanging out with each other in Hollywood late at night from restaurants/clubs etc. Could be just friends I suppose but the report definitely has merit. And large in what sense? She looks thick in all the right places to me.

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#102 » by ATTL » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:26 pm

After going through google images, I have determined Jordyn to be fat. If that's your thing, cool. "Thicc" is a meme, "high test males prefer thicc" is a meme.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,758

Post#103 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Revived wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
Revived wrote:His taste in women is as good as his jumper 8-)

Read on Twitter

Don't believe it and have you googled that um, large girl? If that is his girl, he has a certain kind of fetish.

They've been pictured numerous times hanging out with each other in Hollywood late at night from restaurants/clubs etc. Could be just friends I suppose but the report definitely has merit. And large in what sense? She looks thick in all the right places to me

She's known as a plus size model. Seems like a decent girl though..

Who is Jordyn Woods? You probably already know from all of Kylie's Instas and Snapchats, that Jordyn Woods is a glowing embodiment of the modern day model, fashion trendsetter and the closest confidante to mega-star Kylie Jenner.

But apart from that, what do we really know about her? Aside from her amazing curves and hilarious personality, we know that she is one of the most in-demand "plus-size" models in the industry - and that has nothing to do with her being best friends with the Kylie, the lip kit queen.

https://www.narcity.com/gossip/everything-you-need-to-know-about-kylie-jenners-bff-jordyn-woods
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,759

Post#104 » by Revived » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

They've been pictured numerous times hanging out with each other in Hollywood late at night from restaurants/clubs etc. Could be just friends I suppose but the report definitely has merit. And large in what sense? She looks thick in all the right places to me

Who is Jordyn Woods? You probably already know from all of Kylie's Instas and Snapchats, that Jordyn Woods is a glowing embodiment of the modern day model, fashion trendsetter and the closest confidante to mega-star Kylie Jenner.

But apart from that, what do we really know about her? Aside from her amazing curves and hilarious personality, we know that she is one of the most in-demand "plus-size" models in the industry - and that has nothing to do with her being best friends with the Kylie, the lip kit queen.

https://www.narcity.com/gossip/everything-you-need-to-know-about-kylie-jenners-bff-jordyn-woods

Yeah she’s a plus size model but I wouldn’t describe that as being “large”. Perhaps it’s just me but if I think of large as someone overweight/obese etc.

She’s not scrawny like many of the other insta models these days so she’s definitely unique in that sense.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#105 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:They've been pictured numerous times hanging out with each other in Hollywood late at night from restaurants/clubs etc. Could be just friends I suppose but the report definitely has merit. And large in what sense? She looks thick in all the right places to me

Yeah she’s a plus size model but I wouldn’t describe that as being “large”. Perhaps it’s just me but if I think of large as someone overweight/obese etc.

She’s not scrawny like many of the other insta models these days so she’s definitely unique in that sense.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByVsAOOIYAAmPeW.jpg

Thats a bit more than scrawny.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,758

Post#106 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:46 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:They've been pictured numerous times hanging out with each other in Hollywood late at night from restaurants/clubs etc. Could be just friends I suppose but the report definitely has merit. And large in what sense? She looks thick in all the right places to me

Yeah, I mean different things matter to different people. I think she looks fine, and the only thing that matters as far as Booker is concerned is that he likes her. She sounds like an interesting person with perhaps a bit more depth than you usually feel with some of those celebrities and friends.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#107 » by Saberestar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:26 am

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#108 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I mean different things matter to different people. I think she looks fine, and the only thing that matters as far as Booker is concerned is that he likes her. She sounds like an interesting person with perhaps a bit more depth than you usually feel with some of those celebrities and friends.

Just seems weird.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,953

Post#109 » by Fo-Real » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:32 pm

Book seems like he is trying to commit to actually playing defense.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#110 » by Bogyo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Plus he has lost all of his babyfat, and is grinding in the gym every day.
He is going to kick some major butt next year.

(on the other hand, if you follow JJs insta as well, I m kinda dissapointed to see no workout vids... switzerland yes, cabo yes...)
# waiting for the next chapter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#111 » by Saberestar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter

If Booker keeps progressing, the 2018-19 season could be his breakout campaign. (And if the Suns didn’t stink so much last season, he could’ve just had it.)

Last season, Booker became only the 11th player to average over 24 points before turning 22 years old. LeBron James and Kevin Durant did it twice, and the five retired players who did it all made the Hall of Fame. It’s a good sign for Booker. And now he’s about to play with new teammates, with a new coach, and in a new system.

The Suns loaded up their roster with versatile wings who can shoot and switch screens and drafted rookie center Deandre Ayton, who can space the floor to the 3-point line. Expect them to play more small ball this season with newly signed forward Trevor Ariza playing some 4 alongside Ayton at the 5.

They have a variety of options to fill out the other wing spots to play five-out lineups, including rookie Mikal Bridges (who shined at summer league), Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, and Davon Reed. Jackson needs to prove he’s more of an Ariza and less of an Andre Roberson from 3, but the pieces are there in theory to space the floor for Booker.

Booker was projected as a pure shooting guard in the Klay Thompson mold after his freshman season at Kentucky, but he’s drastically improved his ball handling to become a more dynamic scorer.

He’s crafty once he gets in the lane, utilizing floaters and off-balance layups; and if a shot isn’t available, he’s a willing, capable passer. Booker must get better at whipping cross-court passes and putting more velocity on the ball, but that’ll come in time.

The mold for Booker should be James Harden, who also fit more of a combo guard role in his early years in the NBA until Houston unleashed him.

Booker lacks Harden’s elite handle and doesn’t draw fouls like a magnet, but their games and bodies are similar.

The fact that the Suns didn’t draft Luka Doncic likely has something to do with their belief that Booker can be even more of a ball-dominant force than he was last season; he certainly has the skills.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Re: RE: Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#112 » by MathiasPW » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Bogyo wrote:Plus he has lost all of his babyfat, and is grinding in the gym every day.
He is going to kick some major butt next year.

(on the other hand, if you follow JJs insta as well, I m kinda dissapointed to see no workout vids... switzerland yes, cabo yes...)
Your boss must also find it very disappointing when you don't sleep in the office or take one of those things... how do you call it again? Was it vacations?

Jokes aside, I once heard some commentators raising the question if the increased number of injuries could have as excessive training as a root cause. Don't know if there is any scientific support behind that, but it wouldn't surprise me. Sport generates stress for the body, and I can see how too much sports may be harmful.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#113 » by NTB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#114 » by NTB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,910

Post#115 » by Damkac » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:14 pm

This looks like Booker pushed Jokic with the Force. Booker is a jedi :lol:
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#116 » by DirtyDez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Expected better on the dating front tbh.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,320

Post#117 » by Biff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:20 am

DirtyDez wrote:Expected better on the dating front tbh.

He was trying to date my friends cousin but her mom said no way (her mom is a typical helicopter mom).

She's the girl on the right.

Read on Twitter
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#118 » by wordsenuff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:25 am

It’s weird to me that some of you are so concerned on who book is dating and if she’s cute enough. If it’s not hurting his game, who cares who he’s f#####g.

Btw ....she’s hot!
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,320

Post#119 » by Biff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 am

wordsenuff wrote:It’s weird to me that some of you are so concerned on who book is dating and if she’s cute enough. If it’s not hurting his game, who cares who he’s f#####g.

Btw ....she’s hot!

It's typical offseason chatter. I'm sure nobody is losing sleep over it.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#120 » by ATTL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Bad news friends. Start praying the kardashian kurse doesn't carry over to Jenner's.

Return to Phoenix Suns