ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

GeraldsGreenery
Sophomore
And1: 263

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#121 » by GeraldsGreenery » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 am

Oh no.....this is not good. Sounds the Alarms :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why Book....why
Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Post#122 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 am

I'm skeptical but I wouldn't be shocked
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,235

Post#123 » by stoo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:09 am

NotSinceWilt
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,013

Post#124 » by Saberestar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 am

Great read.

Booker is sooooo good. Crazy good.

In a few years I believe (and hope) that he can be considered the best player in the history of the franchise next to Nash and Barkley.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#125 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:07 pm

KJ?

How quickly they forget.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Re: RE: Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#126 » by Bogyo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:28 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
Bogyo wrote:Plus he has lost all of his babyfat, and is grinding in the gym every day.
He is going to kick some major butt next year.

(on the other hand, if you follow JJs insta as well, I m kinda dissapointed to see no workout vids... switzerland yes, cabo yes...)
Your boss must also find it very disappointing when you don't sleep in the office or take one of those things... how do you call it again? Was it vacations?

Jokes aside, I once heard some commentators raising the question if the increased number of injuries could have as excessive training as a root cause. Don't know if there is any scientific support behind that, but it wouldn't surprise me. Sport generates stress for the body, and I can see how too much sports may be harmful.

Believe me, they find it dissapointing! :) On the other hand I would care about it just a tiny bit (not like now), if they paid me millions of dollars and I'd have time off from april to august. :)

I don't think there is scientific support behind that, as top soccer players in europe play an increased amount of games now than they used to like 5-10 years ago, due to more sponsor events, cups, etc... but there are no more injuries as I see.
# waiting for the next chapter
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#127 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:42 pm

GeraldsGreenery wrote:Oh no.....this is not good. Sounds the Alarms :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why Book....why
Read on Twitter

OK. Now this one makes sense. Book is not dating plus model Jordyn Woods. That is just cover because he is dating the youngest of the Kardashian/Jenner sisters.

Has this turned out well for any NBA player?
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#128 » by NTB » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#129 » by ATTL » Wed Aug 1, 2018 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#130 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Aug 2, 2018 5:50 pm

Kylie Jenner is about to be the youngest billionaire ever. She is the sole owner of her own cosmetics company. Her net worth is 3x LeBrons. She is 21 and has a baby but no one knows who I ham baby daddy is. At least she is not after Devins dough.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,768

Post#131 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:31 am

jcsunsfan wrote:Kylie Jenner is about to be the youngest billionaire ever. She is the sole owner of her own cosmetics company. Her net worth is 3x LeBrons. She is 21 and has a baby but no one knows who I ham baby daddy is. At least she is not after Devins dough.

Yeah, I was going to mention that and actually typed it up when you mentioned the Jenner/Kardashian thing earlier. She is a more legit entrepenuer with her company and a net worth of $900 million.....the others have kind of piggybacked other stuff off the earlier sex tape, reality show stuff.

But yeah, her net worth dwarf's Booker's so I wouldn't be concerned about that. She's just advertising her new collection on instagram that comes out August 6th. In 6 hours, it has about 2.5 million likes.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Post#132 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:38 am

I've never watched a single second of that reality show so I don't know how involved she is in all that drama. She obviously has a meaningful role on that show which did drive a lot of her popularity and opened up opportunities but I kinda want to know how involved she really is. It's not so much the money factor that worries me because NBA players are already wealthy in their own right and the Kardashian empire basically dwarfs the majority of NBA players but it's kind of their constant want to be in the spotlight, all the drama that they bring by being so popular and of course their not so rosy history with NBA players that worries me about Booker being intimately involved with a Jenner/Kardashian
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:44 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I've never watched a single second of that reality show so I don't know how involved she is in all that drama. She obviously has a meaningful role on that show which did drive a lot of her popularity and opened up opportunities but I kinda want to know how involved she really is. It's not so much the money factor that worries me because NBA players are already wealthy in their own right and the Kardashian empire basically dwarfs the majority of NBA players but it's kind of their constant want to be in the spotlight, all the drama that they bring by being so popular and of course their not so rosy history with NBA players that worries me about Booker being intimately involved with a Jenner/Kardashian

I've never watched it either but read about Kylie some after the Booker news. This stuff can certainly mess with a player's psyche though if they have been into that show and view them as celebrities. I mean that show started when Booker was like 10 or 11.

I'm not even sure he is dating her but I think she has much bigger concerns anyway. Her popularity seems massive.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Booker updates and news 

Post#134 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Aug 3, 2018 2:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:Kylie Jenner is about to be the youngest billionaire ever. She is the sole owner of her own cosmetics company. Her net worth is 3x LeBrons. She is 21 and has a baby but no one knows who I ham baby daddy is. At least she is not after Devins dough.

Yeah, I was going to mention that and actually typed it up when you mentioned the Jenner/Kardashian thing earlier. She is a more legit entrepenuer with her company and a net worth of $900 million.....the others have kind of piggybacked other stuff off the earlier sex tape, reality show stuff.

But yeah, her net worth dwarf's Booker's so I wouldn't be concerned about that. She's just advertising her new collection on instagram that comes out August 6th. In 6 hours, it has about 2.5 million likes.

She gets paid $1 mil for a single commercial post on Instagram.

If Booker continues this relationship, his own personal brand could blow up. He has model looks and a decent personality and is well spoken. Post a few selfies with her and his followers would really jump. Then he starts his own brand of men’s fashion with her Chinese contacts and he’s a billionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#135 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 3:10 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

She gets paid $1 mil for a single commercial post on Instagram.

If Booker continues this relationship, his own personal brand could blow up. He has model looks and a decent personality and is well spoken. Post a few selfies with her and his followers would really jump. Then he starts his own brand of men’s fashion with her Chinese contacts and he’s a billionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Doubtful. I think he'll focus on basketball, which is what he should be focused on. He's no fashion designer.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 829

Post#136 » by m1chal » Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:24 am

bwgood77 wrote: He's no fashion designer.

...yet. In this age of internet any celeb can become a "designer" and launch their fashion/cosmetics line. It's all about popularity and kids will buy any branded sh... Too bad I'm a 40yo unattractive bald guy, I'd start my youtube channel immediately :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#137 » by Saberestar » Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:36 am

m1chal wrote:

...yet. In this age of internet any celeb can become a "designer" and launch their fashion/cosmetics line. It's all about popularity and kids will buy any branded sh... Too bad I'm a 40yo unattractive bald guy, I'd start my youtube channel immediately :lol:

Absolutely.

It is all about influencers nowadays.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#138 » by Saberestar » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:47 am

Devin Booker got a shout out from Drake on the new Travis Scott album.

Drake was featured on the song “SICKO MODE” and included a stanza about the Phoenix guard. He said when he takes his shot, it’s “wet like he’s Book” – who won (and set a record for most made in a round) at the All-Star Game Three-Point Contest in February 2018.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/03/astroworld-travis-scott-devin-booker-drake-shoutout/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#139 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 3, 2018 4:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:
m1chal wrote:

Absolutely.

It is all about influencers nowadays.

They would still have to have the craft to create such items. Perhaps he does, but not that I know of. Just because he may now be dating a Jenner doesn't mean he can make clothing items.

Sure, these players sign deals with designers like Nike to wear, support and advertise things, and get paid for such endorsements but I doubt he becomes Calvin Klein because of it.
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#140 » by TheLogician » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:55 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Phoenix Suns