KD to the Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

KD to the Suns 

Post#121 » by Paradise » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:10 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
OneZilion wrote:This is crazy how much underestimating to KD…

Have you guys watched at all how was he playing this season? How efficient he score 30 in a sleap, how he elevates others on the team and how good defence he was playing? Nets won 18 of 20 games before he got injured..

Mikal and Cam are nice players, but God Lord!?!?

Do you know who he is?
A man who was swept by the Boston Celtics

He had no help from anyone on the court last year and played far too many minutes. That isn’t a fair assessment considering we beat the Celtics in 5 games the year prior and nearly won the East. The Suns aren’t competing for a play in like we had to do after the Harden trade.

He’s having the best season of his career and was 2nd in MVP voting before the MCL injury this year. He would probably still be a Net if it wasn’t for the injury making Kyrie/Ben reliable.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#122 » by Tha King » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:23 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Have you guys watched at all how was he playing this season? How efficient he score 30 in a sleap, how he elevates others on the team and how good defence he was playing? Nets won 18 of 20 games before he got injured..

Do you know who he is?

He had no help from anyone on the court last year and played far too many minutes. That isn’t a fair assessment considering we beat the Celtics in 5 games the year prior and nearly won the East. The Suns aren’t competing for a play in like we had to do after the Harden trade.

He’s having the best season of his career and was 2nd in MVP voting before the MCL injury this year. He would probably still be a Net if it wasn’t for the injury making Kyrie/Ben reliable.

Yea, I get there will be some level of disappointment considering Bridges/CJ are good and have been Suns from day one but this is Kevin Durant.

If KD wanted to say on the Nets, I wouldn't have traded him for Booker and picks let alone Bridges/CJ. There are levels to this and KD is on a level with only a few others in the history of the league.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,015

Post#123 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:36 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Do you know who he is?

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,015

Post#124 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:17 pm

I had a boner.

Read on Twitter
TOO
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Post#125 » by TOO » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:34 pm

Saberestar wrote:I had a boner.

Read on Twitter

Had? That video was 15 seconds... :o
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,926

Post#126 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#127 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:42 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow, Espo! Much insight! The wit! The smarts! I'm amazed!

:D
# waiting for the next chapter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#128 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#129 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#130 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#131 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:08 pm

Do you know who he is?
There are some vocal critics but I think there are a lot of us who are stoked.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#132 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Is he the 1st domino to fall in the buyout market?? I really wouldn't mind keeping an eye on him IF K Love isn't bought out?
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#133 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is he the 1st domino to fall in the buyout market?? I really wouldn't mind keeping an eye on him IF K Love isn't bought out?

If he was not good enough for the Bucks - never really got off the bench, they got Crowder instead of him pretty much, then why would he be good for us? I think he is more washed than the rest based on that.
# waiting for the next chapter
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#134 » by phx#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:24 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he was not good enough for the Bucks - never really got off the bench, they got Crowder instead of him pretty much, then why would he be good for us? I think he is more washed than the rest based on that.

He's also pretty much a only a C at this point which I don't think the Suns need more of. Another Torrey Craig type player plus a playmaker like Jackson or Barton would be ideal.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#135 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:26 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

There are of course considerations that vary with any team in relation to individual players in differing environments, schemes, systems, utilization too. So perhaps with certain players, the matter of individual struggles or successes can be directly correlated or attributed to one or more of these factors??

In simplified terms though, Just because he struggled with the Bucks in their system and scheme doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't be successful in a different environment (with a fresh start) in a different role or different scheme? It happens occasionally for players where they end up playing better in a different situation! Hence the popular saying of.................."Perhaps this player just needs a change of scenery"?? :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#136 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:57 pm

phx#7 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's also pretty much a only a C at this point which I don't think the Suns need more of. Another Torrey Craig type player plus a playmaker like Jackson or Barton would be ideal.

He's only 33, And while he may only pretty much be a center now, He's still a center that can hit threes, block shots and make free throws. IF Ayton gets in foul trouble or suffers another injury and is out during a span of games in the postseason, it becomes important to have such depth! Now he's not my 1st choice IF K Love or Kaminsky are bought out! But IF the pickings are really slim, We should absolutely be prioritizing an experienced frontcourt big that can rebound, block shots, hit the three at a reasonable clip and make his free throws! I don't see a shooting guard being such a paramount issue honestly as IF we're just able to acquire a quality 3rd guard with a decent offensive capacity, We should be more than fine! But we can't just hinge our postseason title hopes on Bazely alone to be the solution for our rebounding and rim protection frontcourt issues obviously! :-?

My big man option list goes:
1- K Love.
2- Kaminsky.
3- Ibaka.
4- Noel.
5- Dedmon.
Of course this list could be fluid considering who might become available in the coming weeks??
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by phx#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:11 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
phx#7 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

He's only 33, And while he may only pretty much be a center now, He's still a center that can hit threes, block shots and make free throws. IF Ayton gets in foul trouble or suffers another injury and is out during a span of games in the postseason, it becomes important to have such depth! Now he's not my 1st choice IF K Love or Kaminsky are bought out! But IF the pickings are really slim, We should absolutely be prioritizing an experienced frontcourt big that can rebound, block shots, hit the three at a reasonable clip and make his free throws! I don't see a shooting guard being such a paramount issue honestly as IF we're just able to acquire a quality 3rd guard with a decent offensive capacity, We should be more than fine! But we can't just hinge our postseason title hopes on Bazely alone to be the solution for our rebounding and rim protection frontcourt issues obviously! :-?

My big man option list goes:
1- K Love.
2- Kaminsky.
3- Ibaka.
4- Noel.
5- Dedmon.
Of course this list could be fluid considering who might become available in the coming weeks??

The Suns have 2 roster spots assuming Ish and S. Lee don't get converted. I think it's the consensus is we need a proven guard like Jackson because ShamPayne can't be relied on at this point.

So that leaves 1 spot unless you cut someone and frankly I feel better about the C rotation than I do about the PF. Ayton/Biz/Landale are strictly C and Bazely if he works out can spend time there as well with Durant also able to be a small ball C.

Right now the only guys on the team I'm comfortable with at PF are Durant and Craig. I don't think Bazley can be counted on for anything at this point so that last roster spot should be someone able to competently play the 4 imo.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#138 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:32 pm

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/news/2023-nba-buyout-market-tracker

Available Players Following Buyouts/Waived:

- G Reggie Jackson - Traded from LA Clippers to CHA Hornets
** Reggie Jackson and Hornets likely to reach buyout agreement - Shams Charania (The Athletic)
- G Patrick Beverley - Traded from LA Lakers to ORL Magic
** Patrick Beverley and Magic likely to reach buyout agreement - Shams Charania (The Athletic)
- G John Wall - Traded from LA Clippers to HOU Rockets
** John Wall and Rockets will be parting ways - Chris Haynes (TNT, Bleacher Report)
- F/C Serge Ibaka - Traded from MIL Bucks to IND Pacers
** The Pacers will waive Serge Ibaka - Shams Charania (The Athletic)
- C Dewayne Dedmon - Traded from MIA Heat to SA Spurs
** The Spurs are waiving Dewayne Dedmon - Shams Charania (The Athletic)
- G/F Will Barton - Washington Wizards
** The Wizards are working on a contract buyout for Will Barton - Adrian Wojnarowski (ESPN)
- F Terry Taylor - Indiana Pacers
** The Pacers have waived Terry Taylor - Indiana Pacers
- C Goga Bitadze - Indiana Pacers
** The Pacers have waived Goga Bitadze - Indiana Pacers
F/C James Johnson - Indiana Pacers
** The Pacers have waived James Johnson - Indiana Pacers
G Bryn Forbes - Minnesota Timberwolves
** The Timberwolves have waived Bryn Forbes - Jon Krawczynski (The Athletic)

Players Rumored To Possibly Be Bought Out Of Contract

- G Russell Westbrook - Traded from LA Lakers to Utah Jazz
- G Danny Green - Traded from MEM Grizzlies to HOU Rockets
- C Khem Birch - Traded from TOR Raptors to SA Spurs
- G Justin Holiday - Traded from ATL Hawks to HOU Rockets
- G Svi Mykhailiuk - Traded from NY Knicks to CHA Hornets
- F Juan Toscano-Anderson - Traded from LA Lakers to UTA Jazz
- F Kevin Knox - Traded from DET Pistons to POR Trail Blazers
- F/C Dario Saric - Traded from PHX Suns to OKC Thunder
- C Richaun Holmes - Sacramento Kings
- F/C Kevin Love - Cleveland Cavaliers
- C Nerlens Noel - Detroit Pistons
- G Terrence Ross - Orlando Magic
- G Furkan Kormaz - Philadelphia 76ers
- C Alex Len - Sacramento Kings
- G Derrick Rose - New York Knicks
- F Thaddeus Young - Toronto Raptors
- G Cory Joseph - Detroit Pistons

Very intriguing names on this list for sure! IF you could only add two names from this entire list, Which two players would you most like to add?? If Saric was bought out, Would/Should we look to bring him back? (As long as K Love isn't an option). :dontknow:
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by phx#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:42 pm

Thaddeus Young and Jackson or Barton would easily be the best case imo.

Suns can't bring Saric back.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,177

Post#140 » by starbosa10 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:43 pm

Definitely need at least one buyout guy

Return to Phoenix Suns