ImageImageImage

Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which player is the sexiest on our team?

KD
No votes
Beal
9%
Booker
73%
Allen
18%
Bol Bol
No votes
Bosnian Beast
No votes
Yuta
No votes

Total votes: 11

sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,803

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#121 » by sunsbum » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:15 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
Golanator wrote:
Read on Twitter

So he recognizes the problem. Will he fix it?
I don't put much credence in his statement. He'll have another game full of turnovers just like this one. Count on it.

For as long as he's been in the league and how much "basketball IQ" as he's touted to have, I'd expect a lot smarter play than what we're getting.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

he'll also have another 4 games where he goes 7-8 with 64 points and carries us but lets focus on these ones.
I hate this team.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,422

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#122 » by Puff » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 am

I don't think that folks are really blaming KD but he certainly has not been an efficient distributor during his career. 4.4 assists versus 3.1 turnovers. He is passing the ball more this year due to necessity. His assists are up to 5.7 and turnovers are 3.2. Thus, his turnovers should not surprise to anyone. He is not Steve Nash or even Devin Booker.

My biggest issue is our performances in the 4th quarter. If 3 quarter Frank could figure out the 4th quarter we might actually be as good as expected.

There is no savior coming to us at the trade deadline or buy out market. This has to be fixed internally. I really expected us to dominate 4th quarters with the big three and Eric Gordon helping out. There in lies the problem. We did a better job of doing just that in our recent 7 game winning streak but the last couple of games we had terrible 4th quarters.

What exactly do we expect to get for Nassir Little and his 4 year contract. This is a guy that cannot even find time with us. who would want him?
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#123 » by Puff » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:13 am

What happened to SLIM and Enigmatics tonight?

They should explain to us how everything works and everything is fine.

It just isn't and hasn't been. This team has just not performed up to the expectations that were handed out prior to the start of the season.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,877

Post#124 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:24 am

KLEON wrote:Joe Ingles on that Boris Diaw diet

Yeah! He looks like he's hardcore dadbodding it out there pre pickup YMCA all star. :lol:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,186

Post#125 » by sunsbg » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:42 am

Book scores 100+ in two losses against middle of the pack teams. Yikes. We're not a true team yet.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#126 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:13 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
KLEON wrote:Joe Ingles on that Boris Diaw diet

Yeah! He looks like he's hardcore dadbodding it out there pre pickup YMCA all star. :lol:

Well, he’s 36 and has accomplished everything in euro league and NBA and has nothing to prove at this point. I’d be chubby too if I was in his position.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#127 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 am

sunsbg wrote:Book scores 100+ in two losses against middle of the pack teams. Yikes. We're not a true team yet.

Whenever Booker has huge scoring outputs the Suns happen to lose 90% of the time. Maybe he should stick to the usual 27-32 point games?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by sunsbg » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:27 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Book scores 100+ in two losses against middle of the pack teams. Yikes. We're not a true team yet.

Whenever Booker has huge scoring outputs the Suns happen to lose 90% of the time. Maybe he should stick to the usual 27-32 point games?

32p/8a is better than 44p/3a/4to. Others standing around and watching is not a recipe for success. Wonder if his latest scoring outbursts are related to ASG reserves announcement this week.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,803

Post#129 » by sunsbum » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:30 am

Puff wrote:My biggest issue is our performances in the 4th quarter. If 3 quarter Frank could figure out the 4th quarter we might actually be as good as expected.
same tired argument. is it the coaches responsibility to preform in the 4th or the 3 future hall of famers? fish outta water. figure it out.
I hate this team.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,455

Post#130 » by sasquatchBob » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:53 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Could be? I have noticed that for example when Jokic goes for scoring instead of involving teammates, Nuggets usually lose too! Better to pass the ball and get everyone in rhythm
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#131 » by Puff » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:53 am

sunsbum wrote:
Puff wrote:My biggest issue is our performances in the 4th quarter. If 3 quarter Frank could figure out the 4th quarter we might actually be as good as expected.
same tired argument. is it the coaches responsibility to preform in the 4th or the 3 future hall of famers? fish outta water. figure it out.

Now you are preaching what I have been saying. There should be no reason for us to only score 17 and 13 points in the 4th quarter of the last two games. Not with 3 future hall of famers on the roster.

We fired the previous coach because it was not the players it was the coach when they did not win. Why are the rules different for Vogel?

Hell, the Bucks fired a coach that was winning a lot but apparently, he had his haters.

It is not just Vogel's coaching that bothers me. This team just does not seem to be happy. I was hoping that this road trip would help build some team unity, maybe it will. Let's hope this challenge will bring them together not separate them further. Unfortunately, several of them probably hope they are wearing a different uniform after the trade deadline.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,989

Post#132 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:43 am

We lost against the Pacers because Book started to play for his numbers and played a pretty selfish game. I didn't like his approach since the 2nd quarter.

This one was a different story. He shared the ball and played an efficient game but Beal couldn't score with that **** mask and KD looked tired since the first minute of the game.

We need to play more unselfish basketball and stop with that **** of record numbers and all of that. Look at Anthony Towns and his 62 points game... his coach hated every part of it and he was right.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by sunsbg » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:50 am

Saberestar wrote:

We lost against the Pacers because Book started to play for his numbers and played a pretty selfish game. I didn't like his approach since the 2nd quarter.

This one was a different story. He shared the ball and played an efficient game but Beal couldn't score with that **** mask and KD looked tired since the first minute of the game.

We need to play more unselfish basketball and stop with that **** of record numbers and all of that. Look at Anthony Towns and his 62 points game... his coach hated every part of it and he was right.

From what I have seen from some locker room videos after a game I doubt that was the case with Vogel, who as already said in the past looks like a cheerleader to me. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the role players would prefer to wear different unis by now as Puff stated above.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,156

Post#134 » by garrick » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:26 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover

but we don't need a point guard...

It's always been amazing to me just how poorly a job James Jones has really done each and every sason and trade deadline at actually addressing our positional depth issues. We've only clearly needed a backup point guard ever since trading Payne, knowing we'd also intend to move Paul as well in the Beal trade, yet didn't make any real moves to add one the entire offseason and he probably won't either at the trade deadline either. Downplaying our repeated glaring needs and saying our personnel needs more time to gel is all even though it's been a consistent issue all season. The same applies to needing a legit athletic long shotblocking 4/5 that could first compliment and cover for Ayton's lack of assertiveness defensively, etc. And STILL obviously a glaring need as the opposition has casually strolled up to the rim with little or no defensive resistence at all getting tons of high percentage shots, multiple shot attempts by dominating the paint in both offensive and defensive rebounds, and generally bullying us with size, physicality and or athleticism.

Worst of all is by now the entire rest of the league (especially playoff teams) have a very simple template to beating us. Just about every team in the nba knows that all they really need to do to beat us is to play physical and bully us. They also know that they'll get away with it because the refs simply won't call fouls on them for playing more aggressively AND because the NBA league office (Silver) is sticking it to Ishbia and the suns for trying to challenge the new luxury tax restrictions and trying to still build a super team disregarding the nba's agenda to try and prevent this strategy. :banghead:

In the corporate world we call people like JJ "coasters, people who do the bare minimum at their jobs but are mentally checked out and barely contribute to the workplace and are the kind of people who are first on the chopping block when layoffs come around.

I really do think this guy doesn't really care about winning and he feels like since the success of the 2020-2021 team with CP3 and the twins he doesn't have anything to prove anymore. He's cashing his checks and couldn't care less if Ishbia fired him because he has his golden parachute already.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#135 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:51 pm

schnakenpopanz wrote:Score 110 in 2 games and record two losses.
I rather have booker score 20 and others cruise to 15+ and have 2 wins.

Can you tell some others to make some shots then?
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,660

Post#136 » by schnakenpopanz » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:

We have seen this befor in the nash era.
Pop made great adjustments by giving Nash his number'S but limiting others to do so.
The play style of the suns right now has 0 ball movement and compared to what we have seen with monty 0 awareness of the complete roster.
;ab_channel=azcsports
I know you need the right roster to play like this. But role players are key to this success. When gordon goes to the hoop, I can not see him making a pass, same with Allen. As some other user adressed before we have no playmaker for a second unit. There is always 2 or at least 1 of the big 3 on the floor, but without any orchestrator it is the same offense as the starting 5 does, but with limited options.
Suns have no plan B. And this is on coaching and roster construction.

In Turkey they say: you can only make meatballs with the meat you have.
free steve nash!
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,236

Post#137 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:56 pm

Of course a win is better than Book scoring whatever points but while booker was scoring the Suns were winning. Even when everybody else looked like they'd rather be home playing 2K with Dominayton.

Then the 4th quarter started, the Magic tightened up their defense and crushed us. Beal was injured, KD is old so he will have these games from time to time, it's only logical. He can still be amazing but not every game. And everybody else is just not good enough, specially the bench. They're all 10-12th guys.

I just can't get mad at the players. Coach? maybe. But this is mostly on the inept roster construction. They hired a defensive minded coach and gave him 3 super scorers, no point guard and minimum guys on the bench. The best of those guys is supposed to be Eric Gordon :lol: And that's the worst thing about it. There's not much else to do.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#138 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:34 pm

schnakenpopanz wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:

We have seen this befor in the nash era.
Pop made great adjustments by giving Nash his number'S but limiting others to do so.
The play style of the suns right now has 0 ball movement and compared to what we have seen with monty 0 awareness of the complete roster.
;ab_channel=azcsports
I know you need the right roster to play like this. But role players are key to this success. When gordon goes to the hoop, I can not see him making a pass, same with Allen. As some other user adressed before we have no playmaker for a second unit. There is always 2 or at least 1 of the big 3 on the floor, but without any orchestrator it is the same offense as the starting 5 does, but with limited options.
Suns have no plan B. And this is on coaching and roster construction.

In Turkey they say: you can only make meatballs with the meat you have.

:droop: :droop: :droop:
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,444

Post#139 » by dremill24 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:43 pm

Saberestar wrote:

Cmon man Book is far from blameless but they lost the Pacers game because they couldnt guard a statue or graba rebound, not because he shot too much.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#140 » by enigmatics » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:59 pm

Didn't see the game last night, but one look at the box score data and I see 14 three pt attempts vs 36 for the Magic?

Other teams are more than happy to give up the midrange if they're outshooting you from three like that.

Return to Phoenix Suns