All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Amare Trade 

Post#121 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 am

BG7 wrote:
One of the Mods over at the Bulls works for draft express and basically said Clark had a really bad work ethic and he was as dumb as rock

From what Eddie Johnson or someone said Clark is putting in extra practice after each team practice.

Don't think work ethic is an issue.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: CLE, GSW and MIN want Amare 

Post#122 » by DBrimstone » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 am

Dragic shut Rubio down when they played each other in Europe. Got something like 6 steals and a block on him. Everything I've seen of him didn't impress me in any way. Neither does his self absorbed attitude that he's freakin awesome. He said somewhere that American teams don't play like a team like they do in Europe or something like that. Yet the Knicks demolish Maccabi Tel Aviv every year in exhibitions and they're one of the best teams that plays in the euro league year in and year out. He just comes off as an arogant teenager who likes being the best and is afraid of playing with the big boys. Minnesota's management had a deal worked out with his spanish club to make it so he could afford coming over because of exhibitions and stuff like that, and he still stayed.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#123 » by Jimmy76 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 am

Triumph36 wrote:Would Phoenix be interested in a deal centered around Iggy?

I would :D

just dont make us take back brand
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#124 » by Gorilla Warfare » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 am

Jefferson, Hollins, Gomes and Rubio for Amare, Lou, and Robin.
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#125 » by dm17415 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 am

DBrimstone wrote:
phxsports wrote:imagine what nash would turn jefferson into.

Imagine what our training staff would turn Jefferson into. Still, I'm not sure about getting Jefferson as he'd be another low post player who can't do anything from much of a distance, which wouldn't work so well with Lopez around there too. If they could make that work, I'd do it. I wouldn't give up Dragic though. For some reason I'm not thrilled about Rubio at all. It seems like all he can do is pass. We'd have another soft defenseless point guard, only this one's not an efficient shooter or slasher like Goran is. Maybe he's not as good a passer (although he was robbed of my like 5 assists on Frye and Nash misses last night) but I think he's better at pretty much every other area of the game.

I don't think they've got a whole lot to offer outside of Jefferson. They won't trade Love, who I be juuuuuuust fine with taking off their hands... But it won't happen.

Randolph plus a first would be beautiful. Give the kid some playing time.

Cleveland can offer us....... JJ Hickson....... and Jawad Williams...... and the 30th pick of the draft....................... 12 pesos to the American Dollar...

Rubio is more then a passer even though he is an amazing passer. Here is his highlights from a recent game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh6jgHlsumU
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#126 » by DBrimstone » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 am

I'd be ok with the Iggy + Speights without the pick. They're both young, improving, and they both address our needs without hampering us really.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#127 » by Triumph36 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 am

MarJJMar wrote:

Unlikely since we need to look at rebuilding. Unles you include Philly's pick and or Richardson.
Yeah I was afraid I'd get that response. I'm actually a Cavs fan and am trying to figure out if there's any semi-realistic 3 team deal that could be worked out heh.

Jimmy76 wrote:

I would :D

just dont make us take back brand
Haha yeah you wouldn't have to. The gist of the deal would've been Amare & Dalembert (or perhaps Brand :banghead: ) to Cleveland, Z/Wally/ Cle 1st (or Shaq instead of Z/Wally) to Philly, & Iggy to Phoenix. Obviously it'd need some tweaking and fillers and whatnot. And it'd only be possible if Philly really is considering moving Iggy with Brand/Dalembert.
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#128 » by sunfire0112 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 am

I'd still want their pick. :devil:
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#129 » by sunfire0112 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 am

Triumph36 wrote:Haha yeah you wouldn't have to. The gist of the deal would've been Amare & Dalembert (or perhaps Brand :banghead: ) to Cleveland, Z/Wally/ Cle 1st (or Shaq instead of Z/Wally) to Philly, & Iggy to Phoenix. Obviously it'd need some tweaking and fillers and whatnot. And it'd only be possible if Philly really is considering moving Iggy with Brand/Dalembert.

GL working on that trade. I look forward to hearing what you come up with.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,968

Post#130 » by Fo-Real » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 am

Clark is going to be fine. Not saying superstar, but fine. Has a few good things going for him, he can shoot ( he is a rook, he will get better when he calms down, look at dragic), he is an athlete (much quicker feet than i thought, he can stay with some 2 guards on defense), and he aint scared. Unlike Dragic and Lopez in thier rookie year he aint scared to shine, to me that is half the battle. Attitude is important, he isnt scared to shoot or go to the basket like most rooks are, and to me that is super star potential just in attitude. Put together ABILITY and ATTITUDE (and he seems to have both), and thats FUC@#NG POTENTIAL!!!! It makes you dangerous. We just have to keep him from getting cockey (like amare did), and i think we may have a good one on our hands. Give him time to decide what kind of player he is going to be, and get off his @$$ EXPERTS!!!! (the experts was for you Hunter). You only know what you see on a game by game basis, and the results are SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!! ala Dragic and Lopez.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#131 » by DBrimstone » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 am

I watched the video on Rubio, and his passing's pretty dang sweet and he changes direction really really well but I dunno. 3 times on there he's barely nudged and his layup goes flying off the backboard. And the team he was playing against looks like it'd be competitive in the D-league or summer league. I still dunno. Too much of him standing around watching plays happen without even paying attention to the guy he's guarding. Too much flopping. Not enough finishing after contact. It just looks like he'd get into the NBA and would be dominated by the physicality
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by DBrimstone » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:19 am

Fo-Real wrote:Clark is going to be fine. Not saying superstar, but fine. Has a few good things going for him, he can shoot ( he is a rook, he will get better when he calms down, look at dragic), he is an athlete (much quicker feet than i thought, he can stay with some 2 guards on defense), and he aint scared. Unlike Dragic and Lopez in thier rookie year he aint scared to shine, to me that is half the battle. Attitude is important, he isnt scared to shoot or go to the basket like most rooks are, and to me that is super star potential just in attitude. Put together ABILITY and ATTITUDE (and he seems to have both), and thats FUC@#NG POTENTIAL!!!! It makes you dangerous. We just have to keep him from getting cockey (like amare did), and i think we may have a good one on our hands. Give him time to decide what kind of player he is going to be, and get off his @$$ EXPERTS!!!! (the experts was for you Hunter). You only know what you see on a game by game basis, and the results are SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!! ala Dragic and Lopez.

yes
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#133 » by rsavaj » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 am

They're unlikely to give up Love or Rubio, but I'd say Rubio is the more acquirable asset. As has been mentioned earlier, he's not going to come over for a few years, so he can step in and join our backcourt of the future with Goran after Nash is like over 9000 years old.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#134 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 am

Realistically Cleveland is the only one that has a chance of getting him to sign an extension, GSW/Minn would basically gut their team for a 6 month rental.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,968

Post#135 » by Fo-Real » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 am

YES MAN!!!
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#136 » by Kerrsed » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:32 am

Im going to wait up all night till I get Traxxe's input on this! :D
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by rsavaj » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:32 am

Pops wrote:Realistically Cleveland is the only one that has a chance of getting him to sign an extension, GSW/Minn would basically gut their team for a 6 month rental.

I think Amare's more of a "show me the money" kind of guy. If Minny was to offer him the max(not saying they should), then I think he'd seriously consider it.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#138 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 am

rsavaj wrote:
Pops wrote:Realistically Cleveland is the only one that has a chance of getting him to sign an extension, GSW/Minn would basically gut their team for a 6 month rental.

I think Amare's more of a "show me the money" kind of guy. If Minny was to offer him the max(not saying they should), then I think he'd seriously consider it.

I think all 3 teams would offer him the max, Cleveland would especially since they're desperate to keep LeBron. If all 3 are offering the max which do you think he would pick? I don't know, I think Amare will have a lot more say in where he ends up than your typical player since he'll be a FA.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#139 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 am

Have the Rockets shown any interest in Amare? They could put together a nice deal for him if they want him.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by rsavaj » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:40 am

Pops wrote:
rsavaj wrote:

I think all 3 teams would offer him the max, Cleveland would especially since they're desperate to keep LeBron. If all 3 are offering the max which do you think he would pick? I don't know, I think Amare will have a lot more say in where he ends up than your typical player since he'll be a FA.

That's a good question. He has SAID he wants a "big market" and "winning", but who knows how important they really are. Would he be willing to go to Cleveland and be LeBron's sidekick? I don't think so, especially if he can play the second banana role in Miami. He might prefer the Bay Area to Minny, but last summer he already said he wouldn't sign an extension if he was traded there. I honestly don't think anybody has a good idea where he's going to go, but at this point I'd rank Miami as the most probable location.

Return to Phoenix Suns