ImageImageImage

Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM (

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#141 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:50 am

The fact everyone on this board is turning against Booker is hilarious. You guys will backtrack soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Re: Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM ( 

Post#142 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:56 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:The fact everyone on this board is turning against Booker is hilarious. You guys will backtrack soon.

lol cute.. Booker needs defensive players around himself to look great. Now without them he’s looking more average and not as dominant as other seasons. Ishbia’s obsession with KD crippled our franchise for next 6-7 season just like in 2012-19. We have no first round picks and once KD leaves/retires/injuries you name it.. the Suns will cease to exist. Can’t wait for Isiah Thomas to be our next coach for 5 seasons.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Re: Game 36: Memphis Grizzlies (12-23) @ Phoenix Suns (19-16) | Sunday | 6:00PM ( 

Post#143 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:57 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Revived wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:You guys all need to take a deep breath.

How long are you gonna keep saying it? We’ve been a team that can barely scrap by (AT BEST) against basically every team in the league since giving up our entire depth and being a top heavy team.

You didn’t realize that Saberestar & Jdiddy are basically Ishbia & Isiah? Both continue to preach “ we will be fine”.. “ things will change to please be patient”.. seriously are they too oblivious to see the obvious or what? This Suns team is very bad and even a 50 win season won’t make a difference cause I can guarantee we will get rocked in the playoffs by any team. The same mistakes we made during game 1 is happening during game 36. Turning the ball over, outrebounded, can’t close out 4th Q with a big lead. What a garbage team!!!

Saberstar is just a very positive guy. I’m pretty sure the Suns can get blown out by 50 each game for the season and he’ll say something like “It’s alright, at least we never lost by 60, we at least have next season”.

And I’m not mocking him, I think he has what people call “glass half full” approach. I think that’s a great mindset to have, even though it just isn’t realistic. But at the same time it’s way less stressful, way less gray hairs and he’ll probably live a lot longer in life.

He reminds me of Russell Wilson in a lot of ways, I think they have similar personalities.

Jdiddy, I have no idea what’s going on with him. He usually knows and realizes what’s going on it’s kinda mind boggling.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Post#144 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:58 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:The fact everyone on this board is turning against Booker is hilarious. You guys will backtrack soon.

Saying he's not a championship leader or even an All Star? Can't wait to see him prove me wrong.

I've been watching the NBA for 40 years now. Teams playing this mediocre for half a season never do anything.
Revived
RealGM

Post#145 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:02 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Revived wrote:

How long are you gonna keep saying it? We’ve been a team that can barely scrap by (AT BEST) against basically every team in the league since giving up our entire depth and being a top heavy team.

Dude, we have played four full games with our big 3. There’s no one in the West that really scares me, other than the Clippers. I believe in this Suns team. They have glimpses where they look unbeatable. They’ll figure it out.

I think everyone else responded to you basically saying what I would say. But just to add, you realize the reason they’ve only played 4 games together isn’t because Booker/KD/Beal were alternating taking fun vacations to Thailand right? It’s because these “stars” of ours have extremely fragile bodies and get injured time and time and time again. You think they will suddenly get durable in March/April huh? Like that sounds beyond gullible.
Revived
RealGM

Post#146 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:05 am

And Booker hasn’t played all that well at all this season but I do think a majority of that is because he’s playing a position that he’s not comfortable in at all. He did not ask to play PG imo, they likely pushed him to it.

He’s a SG, and he’s played well in that role. Whether it was with Rubio or CP3. Playing the PG position has taken a massive toll on him.

Booker has to play better and definitely should be held accountable but I can’t blame him for this that much. He’s having to do so damn much offensively that he’s now trash defensively.

This is reminding me of when Dragic was great as a PG then we forced him to play SG or even SF in the triple PG crap. History is repeating itself in some ways imo. Except obviously Booker is a way better player than Goran.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#147 » by darealjuice » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:09 am

Doesn't feel like this roster is built to win. 3 volume scorers thrown together with no point guard, no wings, no defenders, no rim protectors. Just praying that we outscore teams, which means we lose when the shots aren't falling. We can still look like a good team every now and then because we have a talented roster, but this team is less than the sum of its parts the way it's built.

This Booker criticism is hilarious though. Thank god none of us have any input on this team. Like no **** this team needs to be well constructed to be a title contender, is that seriously criticism for Booker :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,726

Post#148 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:10 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Revived wrote:

You didn’t realize that Saberestar & Jdiddy are basically Ishbia & Isiah? Both continue to preach “ we will be fine”.. “ things will change to please be patient”.. seriously are they too oblivious to see the obvious or what? This Suns team is very bad and even a 50 win season won’t make a difference cause I can guarantee we will get rocked in the playoffs by any team. The same mistakes we made during game 1 is happening during game 36. Turning the ball over, outrebounded, can’t close out 4th Q with a big lead. What a garbage team!!!

Not everyone has to be pessimistic. It's refreshing to see optimism. As someone mentioned, the big 3 have played 4 games together. When Harden joined the Clips they started out 0-5. Now of course George and Kawhi are great on both sides and the team has better depth, but the 3 playing together looked awful in their first 5 games and after that went on a tear.

Now I was worried about the team not staying healthy, and obviously that's been an issue but I wasn't expecting to struggle much if we were healthy. I have thought Memphis was a lot better than they had played though. JJJ and Bane are good. Smart is one of the best defenders. JJJ is also a phenomenal defender and him and Bane are great on offense.

Of course our D sucks and we knew that coming into the season but I feel we need to shoot more 3s and get better at hitting them. Without Allen being on fire the last two games we would have been crushed tonight and probably lost the last one. I think the Big 3 need to get used to shooting more catch and shoot 3s.

We looked really good that game where we moved the ball quickly and everyone was shooting catch and shoot 3s.

Our offense NEEDS to be elite and they need to play like a team...and get all those assists they did and not fall into ISO too much.
Revived
RealGM

Post#149 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:12 am

darealjuice wrote:Doesn't feel like this roster is built to win. 3 volume scorers thrown together with no point guard, no wings, no defenders, no rim protectors. Just praying that we outscore teams, which means we lose when the shots aren't falling. We can still look like a good team every now and then because we have a talented roster, but this team is less than the sum of its parts the way it's built.

Nah I think you’re just being pessimistic! This team is gonna stay perfectly healthy come March/April and we gonna go on a massive run and win the title!

I hope the title parade runs through Scottsdale, there’s some fun daytime bars there!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:15 am

schnakenpopanz wrote:We had something special going. Peaked to early and got greedy.
Sarver must be laughing every night before going to sleep.

I was just wondering what Sarver is thinking. What happened to that great team that we had just two short years ago that had an avg age of like 24? I know Paul was the leader but damn, replace him. I know it's beating a dead horse, but if we just made that one damn draft pick with Haliburton we'd likely be a force to be reckoned with right now. Him and Book in the backcourt with Bridges and Cam and whoever we got for Crowder would be nice. With Ayton or Nurkic or getting someone else for Ayton and keep Camara.

I think at one point we had the option of trading Crowder straight up for Allen before we made the huge trade.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Post#151 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:18 am

This season the Suns are 29th for worst 4th quarter team. Detroit, Blazers, Spurs, Wizards all rank higher. A -4.3 at home.
Revived
RealGM

Post#152 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:28 am

Read on Twitter

Other than the Inside the NBA guys, nobody else has been noticing how terrible this has gone for the Suns this season. Hopefully KOC and more national guys get in on this to put more pressure on Vogel/Jones/Ishbia.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#153 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:30 am

Just finished watching. What a sh*tty loss. 4th quarter Suns yet again. FML.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#154 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:30 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Other than the Inside the NBA guys, nobody else has been noticing how terrible this has gone for the Suns this season. Hopefully KOC and more national guys get in on this to put more pressure on Vogel/Jones/Ishbia.

I’m pretty sure Vogel/Jones/Ishbia feel the pressure already.

AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#155 » by AtheJ415 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:51 am

bwgood77 wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:We had something special going. Peaked to early and got greedy.

I was just wondering what Sarver is thinking. What happened to that great team that we had just two short years ago that had an avg age of like 24? I know Paul was the leader but damn, replace him. I know it's beating a dead horse, but if we just made that one damn draft pick with Haliburton we'd likely be a force to be reckoned with right now. Him and Book in the backcourt with Bridges and Cam and whoever we got for Crowder would be nice. With Ayton or Nurkic or getting someone else for Ayton and keep Camara.

I think at one point we had the option of trading Crowder straight up for Allen before we made the huge trade.

If we listened to the fans we'd have at the very least Haliburton and Bane around that prior team. We panicked, traded a full decade of assets, and the most frustrating thing is CP3 in the final year was not playing at that high a level. We just needed to replace the leadership because the production is EASY to replace, which is not that costly on the salary cap.

We need players like Tucker who will DEMAND everyone else play hard. Which is silly because it's the smallest bar needed to be an effective NBA player -- to play hard and with urgency. How this team that has achieved nothing is so complacent is just unfathomable to me. Because we somehow need that because our team of supposed title contenders and vet leaders and our title winning coach appears to think they have nothing to play for in these games and so we make 0 progress game to game.

Every 4th quarter when teams we overmatch across the board play as hard as they can, we NEVER match them and so we lose despite having 3 players better than anybody on the opposition.

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the most disappointing, underachieving, unlikeable team in my lifetime as a Suns fan. I prefered the Tyler Ulis Suns because at least we expected them to suck. This team has no excuse and refuses to learn. We have coaches watching the same thing for the 37th time this season and claiming they need to watch the tape. Pouting, foul chasing, turnovers, not getting back on D, abandoning rebounding and expecting everybody else to do it, not getting our best players touches.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#156 » by darealjuice » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:52 am

Revived wrote:
darealjuice wrote:Doesn't feel like this roster is built to win. 3 volume scorers thrown together with no point guard, no wings, no defenders, no rim protectors. Just praying that we outscore teams, which means we lose when the shots aren't falling. We can still look like a good team every now and then because we have a talented roster, but this team is less than the sum of its parts the way it's built.

Nah I think you’re just being pessimistic! This team is gonna stay perfectly healthy come March/April and we gonna go on a massive run and win the title!

I hope the title parade runs through Scottsdale, there’s some fun daytime bars there!

We're definitely far from contenders right now. I still think we have the pieces to build around though, maybe we can make a couple moves by the deadline to help the pieces fit together better. You're right though, health is a gamble either way.

Point Booker seems pretty inevitable with the Beal pairing, but I'd still like to see us make a run after a solid backup point guard like Tyus Jones or TJ McConnell to take some pressure off Booker and let him play some shooting guard. It's a shame since he's played really well for us, but it'd probably make sense to move Allen for a starting caliber wing that can still shoot well enough while bringing more size and defense. If there's a better backup center than Eubanks and Doke available, go get them too.

Whatever window they perceive for this core is small, and this draft sucks anyways. Make something happen.
Revived
RealGM

Post#157 » by Revived » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:52 am

Read on Twitter

I’m glad Booker doesn’t have the s***ty attitude of “oh we’ve only played x amount of games together”.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Post#158 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:59 am

We clearly need to sort out our 4th quarter woes but I want to see more of the Big 3 playing in the 4th before potentially trading a guy like Grayson Allen for a PG. I'm all for adding a PG but what we have to trade is fairly limited so to get something good, would require giving up something good. I do think we've played with a lot more rhythm and ball moment since Beal has been back. A lot of the stagnation I feel lies in Book trying to run plays. I've mentioned before, I'm fine with a few of these possessions down the line when we're looking chaotic but it shouldn't/can't be our default offense which is what the 4th quarter seems to default to. I like the ball in Beal's hands a lot more not because he's a better passer or playmaker but I think he just makes faster decisions and keeps the ball movement. Book calls for screens then takes his time to see what the defense gives him whereas Beal is more keen to force an action from the defense.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#159 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:01 am

AtheJ415 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If we listened to the fans we'd have at the very least Haliburton and Bane around that prior team. We panicked, traded a full decade of assets, and the most frustrating thing is CP3 in the final year was not playing at that high a level. We just needed to replace the leadership because the production is EASY to replace, which is not that costly on the salary cap.

We need players like Tucker who will DEMAND everyone else play hard. Which is silly because it's the smallest bar needed to be an effective NBA player -- to play hard and with urgency. How this team that has achieved nothing is so complacent is just unfathomable to me. Because we somehow need that because our team of supposed title contenders and vet leaders and our title winning coach appears to think they have nothing to play for in these games and so we make 0 progress game to game.

Every 4th quarter when teams we overmatch across the board play as hard as they can, we NEVER match them and so we lose despite having 3 players better than anybody on the opposition.

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the most disappointing, underachieving, unlikeable team in my lifetime as a Suns fan. I prefered the Tyler Ulis Suns because at least we expected them to suck. This team has no excuse and refuses to learn. We have coaches watching the same thing for the 37th time this season and claiming they need to watch the tape. Pouting, foul chasing, turnovers, not getting back on D, abandoning rebounding and expecting everybody else to do it, not getting our best players touches.

I agree with most of that. I remember even saying (before the draft) that I'd consider Bane at 10 and people thought I was crazy. I think we had the 30th pick that year and traded it...maybe not. Anyway, we had worked out Bane twice so I do wonder why we decided against it and why we liked Jalen Smith so much. It was so obvious we needed a young PG it was weird we passed when Ty dropped. I know there was talk he wanted Sac but who cares? A young guy is going to be happy to go to the NBA.

But even after missing that stuff, yeah, as you mention Tucker, even if we did get a guy like Smart with some of our assets and added his defense and he could play PG next to Book and have Bridges, Cam, get Allen for Jae, etc..add a defensive specialist, etc, we'd still be well rounded and good. There are not a ton of players who take pride of leaving it all on the floor on defense EVERY game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#160 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:04 am

lilfishi22 wrote:We clearly need to sort out our 4th quarter woes but I want to see more of the Big 3 playing in the 4th before potentially trading a guy like Grayson Allen for a PG. I'm all for adding a PG but what we have to trade is fairly limited so to get something good, would require giving up something good. I do think we've played with a lot more rhythm and ball moment since Beal has been back. A lot of the stagnation I feel lies in Book trying to run plays. I've mentioned before, I'm fine with a few of these possessions down the line when we're looking chaotic but it shouldn't/can't be our default offense which is what the 4th quarter seems to default to. I like the ball in Beal's hands a lot more not because he's a better passer or playmaker but I think he just makes faster decisions and keeps the ball movement. Book calls for screens then takes his time to see what the defense gives him whereas Beal is more keen to force an action from the defense.

If we didn't have Allen this year we'd have a few more losses. If someone would have told you him and KD are both shooting over 47% from 3, you'd think our team was killing it.

We can't trade Allen for some average pg. I like Tyus Jones but they won't want Allen. They want draft compensation. We will need to hit in the draft.

It would be a huge bonus if Nassir Little broke out somehow. Tucker is upset at playing time. I don't know how good he is at this point but at least he has the right mentality.

Return to Phoenix Suns