19%

Total votes: 16

Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,054

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The final stretch 

Post#1521 » by Son of Ra » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:09 am

Slim Charless wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:I know this season has been a disaster but some terrible takes in here. Trading book for some our own picks back or Julius Randle and some picks???? Insanity. Absolutely no reason at all to trade book. If any of the big 3 were to go its most likely KD

Dude.

I swear some posters in here would trade Joker for a lotto protected pick and some magic beans.

It's like we're operating on a game by game basis on how good our players have been. These trade proposals are seriously offensively bad. The trade forum.......where OTHER fans are think highly of our guys. Yet in here it's "let's trade Booker for a cpl of picks and Fournier"

Embarrassing trade values of our players. Jesus. You'd think we had only won 4 games.

Unbelievable.

I haven't made any trade suggestions but wanting a complete rebuild now I fall into that mix of posters too I guess so let me ask you; what do you envision our next 5-6 years to look like? Realistically. Especially curious about post KD's decline or contract expiration and still no cap space.
And I'm not asking this in a condescending way, I'm genuinely curious. Because other than pure hopium that next year's gonna be the year it clicks all of a sudden and we come out of this stronger than ever West and then beat the East champ too I haven't read any viable suggestion on here, especially including a backup plan if it doesn't work out.

I'd rather have the bird in the hand and act now than find out the two in the bush are actually just turds.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,297

Post#1522 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:50 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:I know this season has been a disaster but some terrible takes in here. Trading book for some our own picks back or Julius Randle and some picks???? Insanity. Absolutely no reason at all to trade book. If any of the big 3 were to go its most likely KD

Dude.

I swear some posters in here would trade Joker for a lotto protected pick and some magic beans.

It's like we're operating on a game by game basis on how good our players have been. These trade proposals are seriously offensively bad. The trade forum.......where OTHER fans are think highly of our guys. Yet in here it's "let's trade Booker for a cpl of picks and Fournier"

Embarrassing trade values of our players. Jesus. You'd think we had only won 4 games.

Unbelievable.

I haven't made any trade suggestions but wanting a complete rebuild now I fall into that mix of posters too I guess so let me ask you; what do you envision our next 5-6 years to look like? Realistically. Especially curious about post KD's decline or contract expiration and still no cap space.
And I'm not asking this in a condescending way, I'm genuinely curious. Because other than pure hopium that next year's gonna be the year it clicks all of a sudden and we come out of this stronger than ever West and then beat the East champ too I haven't read any viable suggestion on here, especially including a backup plan if it doesn't work out.

I'd rather have the bird in the hand and act now than find out the two in the bush are actually just turds.

Ishbia's not going to blow it up this soon. Maybe he should, but he's not gonna admit the obvious monstrous mess he created. Trading Book would catastrophic.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else to do. So we are stuck with this toxic team for the foreseeable future. It is so difficult to **** it up this badly. But he did it, in record time.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 848

Post#1523 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:00 pm

Trade Beal for DFS and Ben Simmons corpse

Trade KD to OKC for Jalen Williams, Cason Wallace, and Giddey

Let's run

Ben Simmons or Giddey
Booker
Jalen Williams
DFS
Nurkic
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#1524 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:30 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:Trade Beal for DFS and Ben Simmons corpse

Let's run

Ben Simmons or Giddey
Booker
Jalen Williams
DFS
Nurkic

We would not even win 25 games with this garbage roster. Again no true pg and we downgraded badly losing KD & Beal. Simmons will be out of the league soon he can’t shoot, Giddy, Jwill are okay but they can’t shoot like KD, Nurkic still makes dumb mistakes, DFS is a superb defender but can’t shoot. We’d be bottom 5 team in ppg. B- for effort and D- for trade idea.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,325

Post#1525 » by Frank Lee » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:42 pm

Sometimes you just have to ride out a bad road
What ? Me Worry ?
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#1526 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:49 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:Trade Beal for DFS and Ben Simmons corpse

Let's run

Ben Simmons or Giddey
Booker
Jalen Williams
DFS
Nurkic

We would not even win 25 games with this garbage roster. Again no true pg and we downgraded badly losing KD & Beal. Simmons will be out of the league soon he can’t shoot, Giddy, Jwill are okay but they can’t shoot like KD, Nurkic still makes dumb mistakes, DFS is a superb defender but can’t shoot. We’d be bottom 5 team in ppg. B- for effort and D- for trade idea.

That garbage roster would be better than this roster

Also add Tyus Jones.

Jalen Williams is the next Bridges / Kawai
Giddey is a stud
DFS is better than any PF we have now.

Tyus - Giddey
Booker
Jalen Williams
DFS
Nurkic
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#1527 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:51 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Sometimes you just have to ride out a bad road

Agree! Ishbia played Real GM too much and built a team with no vocal leader and no point guard
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,482

Post#1528 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:51 pm

In a span of one page I have seen one person suggest we can get Jalen freaking Williams for KD, AND get Giddey and Cason as salary filler, and then another person say that is not a good trade for us.

That's gotta be one of the greatest sequences ever on this forum.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#1529 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:50 pm

sunskerr wrote:In a span of one page I have seen one person suggest we can get Jalen freaking Williams for KD, AND get Giddey and Cason as salary filler, and then another person say that is not a good trade for us.

I’m Confused lol so what’s your thoughts
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,338

Post#1530 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:55 pm

sunskerr wrote:In a span of one page I have seen one person suggest we can get Jalen freaking Williams for KD, AND get Giddey and Cason as salary filler, and then another person say that is not a good trade for us.

That you have a problem with, but you didn't see anything wrong when other posters suggested Booker for Randle or Booker to DET for Fourier and a cpl of picks?

Please tell you don't think that our players are value-less as other guys I've seen.....?
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1531 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:32 pm

Slim Charless wrote:

That you have a problem with, but you didn't see anything wrong when other posters suggested Booker for Randle or Booker to DET for Fourier and a cpl of picks?

Please tell you don't think that our players are value-less as other guys I've seen.....?

It should be obvious that I dont read everything nor respond to most of the bs that gets posted here. Im disappointed you already didn't know I think those proposals are ridiculous as well.

Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#1532 » by Son of Ra » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:53 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Dude.

Unbelievable.

Ishbia's not going to blow it up this soon. Maybe he should, but he's not gonna admit the obvious monstrous mess he created. Trading Book would catastrophic.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else to do. So we are stuck with this toxic team for the foreseeable future. It is so difficult to **** it up this badly. But he did it, in record time.

That's the unfortunate reality, but we're still here to ponder what we think would be best.
Slim is gonna get his way so we'll see one of the two discussed options and I guess in 4-5 years time we'll have the definitive, hindsight answer to know what would've been better.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#1533 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:07 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

It should be obvious that I dont read everything nor respond to most of the bs that gets posted here. Im disappointed you already didn't know I think those proposals are ridiculous as well.

Well, you did only quote K23's post. His post is out there but the ones suggested by I'mNotMcD, BW and Ra was/is worse imo.

I get your point though, there's a lot of disappointment in here and it's lead to a number of wildy divergent opinions on our players. A little too much emotion most likely is the problem lol.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#1534 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:09 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:I haven't made any trade suggestions but wanting a complete rebuild now I fall into that mix of posters too I guess so let me ask you; what do you envision our next 5-6 years to look like? Realistically. Especially curious about post KD's decline or contract expiration and still no cap space.

That's the unfortunate reality, but we're still here to ponder what we think would be best.
Slim is gonna get his way so we'll see one of the two discussed options and I guess in 4-5 years time we'll have the definitive, hindsight answer to know what would've been better.

I don't want that. I think we have the talent to win it all.

That being said, I feel like a KD trade-along with adding Nurk in there is enough for us remake the team. I don't think that we need a full tear down btw. We can recoup enough assests while still keeping him. I'm sorry, just don't agree with you that Booker needs to be traded.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1535 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:16 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Well, you did only quote K23's post. His post is out there but the ones suggested by I'mNotMcD, BW and Ra was/is worse imo.

I get your point though, there's a lot of disappointment in here and it's lead to a number of wildy divergent opinions on our players. A little too much emotion most likely is the problem lol.

Yeah its tough. Agree a lot of emotion and I think some of us are at different stages of acceptance though probably 99% of us have thrown in the towel on this season.

As many have already said we're in this for the next year at minimum in all likelihood. We'll be running it back with a new coach. But beyond a miracle, I think the feeling of despair is warranted given that we have no picks, we're not looking like a contender, and the team is old and unathletic.

PS Im not really disappointed, I just wanted an excuse to use that gif :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,926

Post#1536 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:21 pm

LOL! From what I'm reading so far on this page, I'm guessing that my hypothetical trade of Book or KD to New York for Randle/Bojan and 3 first etc was/is not being well recieved for discussion. :lol:

Well context is important of course, and before more people lose their minds over that specific premise, please try and understand (with an open mind) that specific theoretical suggestion was only predicated upon the premise of "Booker asking out" rather than being willing to possibly endure another rebuild IF we trade Durant (Which I'm ok with) in order to somewhat reconstruct our roster with better balance and depth. And again, as I had explained before, Randles' value coming back in a trade would be in that he first would represent significant salary filler to offset Books' $49.7 next season for the necessary salary exchange likely needed for the trade to end up legal, as I don't believe they'd choose to gut their roster for salary matching. Randle would also bring us a big, physical, aggressive post big with playmaking skills and versatility that would then allow us to more easily trade Nurkic OR play both Randle AND Nurkic in the frontcourt to give us a 4/5 duo of BIG, STRONG, PHYSICAL, AGGRESSIVE, VERSATILE to help provide playmaking through the frontcourt that would make the backcourts' job much easier having to focus less on facilitating, and more on scoring (whether that becomes Beal and whomever, or Book and Beal IF KD was flipped to New York). Can people really not envision how that might work? And Bojan would represent a 20 million expiring contract that we could either use to begin significantly reducing our cap numbers, OR be flipped for other young players and assets/ picks??

Now the other contextual correlative for a theoretical of Book being traded to New york was based upon two factors:

1- Bookers' connection to Leon Rose.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/devin-booker-on-knicks-radar-suns-stars-relationship-with-leon-rose-adds-intrigue-to-rumor/#:~:text=From%20Berman%3A,Wesley%20is%20close%20to%20each.
2- Books' desire to still compete for a championship while also building his brand in what could be considered the biggest potential basketball market that has long been considered " the mecca of basketball" and would provide enormous publicity equal to that of LA, but already in much better position to contend with him than any of these current LA teams, WHICH I'D NEVER TRADE HIM TO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!! as I'd view that as being worse than when we sent Nash to LA. It's almost sacrilegious.

Now again, Nowhere in my posts will you find me saying that we "HAVE TO TRADE BOOKER" !! But again, rather based on recent discussions around here, that IF Booker asks to be traded" (asks out) as a consequence of us trading KD, which I'm not at all opposed to (even though I love KDs' game and would like to see him retire here if possible). That the two most likely destinations for him (IF we allowed him to choose himself as a favor) would probably be New York or Detroit. And I mention Detroit obviously not under the premise of contention, but rather because he's a Detroit native, he gets along with Monty Williams, and Ishbia is also a Detroit native who still lives in Detroit, so he could still maintain that relationship with him, AND Booker could represent his hometown if he so wishes?

Now If everyone's issue with my suggestions were based upon returning value exchange, then I of course understand that you'll have differing perspectives on our returning value Booker could theoretically return. And with an open mind, I'd love to hear more about these more realistic outcomes and what makes them more plausible contextually. I'm just trying to be a little conservative on this valuation premise, and view a potential Booker trade premise through the other teams eyes objectively. :D
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#1537 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:57 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Yeah its tough. Agree a lot of emotion and I think some of us are at different stages of acceptance though probably 99% of us have thrown in the towel on this season.

As many have already said we're in this for the next year at minimum in all likelihood. We'll be running it back with a new coach. But beyond a miracle, I think the feeling of despair is warranted given that we have no picks, we're not looking like a contender, and the team is old and unathletic.

PS Im not really disappointed, I just wanted an excuse to use that gif :lol:

If we miss the play-in, I can see KD asking out and us giving him that. 1000%

Especially if OKC gets involved like I think they would. Nurk wouldnt surprise me either, they should move him he just had a career best year healthwise and i highly doubt we this level again of Nurk games played.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,926

Post#1538 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter

At least Book is talking about recognizing some of the issues that need to be fixed and sounding like he's serious and determined to find a way to get these issues resolved.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,772

Post#1539 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:35 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Did you mean to quote me? I don't really care who or what we get back specifically, that's for a good GM to figure out, I just want a FUTURE back. A likeable team to root for and watch develop and grow.

Yeah, but I guess I was more responding to the post you quoted from I'mNotMcD where he says trade Book to Brooklyn. I went back a few pages and didn't see his original post.

:roll:

To both of you. Along with whoever started this silliness.

Booker to Brooklyn? Maybe move him for Giddey and a few picks? I don't care what we get back for him?

Jesus. There's some bad takes in here. Good lord. It's Easter, not St Patrick's Day. You guys need to stop drinking and then posting.

Booker, if we decided to ever move him would get a MASSIVE return.

M.A.S.S.I.V.E.

You guys are insane talking all this foolishness with what we'd get for him. It won't matter, cause we're not trading him, nor should we.

Move KD along with Nurk and we'll get more than enough to rebound. With Devin still on the team.

Maddeness up in here today.

I said Giddey and a bunch of picks. I'm not talking about a couple. But I don't think we will trade him unless he wants it. I'm not entirely sure OKC would want to do it either given they are the #1 seed and have SGA already along with Jalen Williams and Giddey who can all play guard, handle, etc, and are much younger and cheaper. Not sure where else he would go though.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#1540 » by Son of Ra » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:53 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:

I don't want that. I think we have the talent to win it all.

That being said, I feel like a KD trade-along with adding Nurk in there is enough for us remake the team. I don't think that we need a full tear down btw. We can recoup enough assests while still keeping him. I'm sorry, just don't agree with you that Booker needs to be traded.

No need to say sorry, I'll happily agree to disagree. The truth is we could both be right. I agree with you and the other posters that we're not gonna rebuild so ultimately I actually hope that you're right. I just don't see it.
I don't think KD/Nurk will get us as much in return as we would need for your plan to work out. And as far as Booker goes I think the trade/asset return is needed for us to get off the future treadmill. Just tweaking around here and there will not get us anywhere considering what we're working with imo.

Return to Phoenix Suns