Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Re: Game 37: Phoenix Suns (19-17) @ LA Clippers (22-13) | Monday | 8:30PM 

Post#161 » by AtheJ415 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:28 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
garrick wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:Vogel should be benching Nurkic at this point. His effort level to start this game was beyond inexcusable. Set an example to the rest of the team. Start Bol for a game.

Why isn't Azubuike getting any minutes?

You know that at least he isn't blowing a wide open layup or dunk under the rim like bum Nurkic.

Illness was what I heard on the broadcast. And Bol Bol is out with a twisted ankle.

I'd start Eubanks or Okogie then. You cannot have a guy play in that manner. We have to have standards and hold our guys up to it. We just assume time and health heals this team and it's bull ****
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Post#162 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:30 am

Coach Bud is fine. We've seen what he can do with high end talent (Bucks) and mid talent (Hawks) and while he's had real playoff issues, he's at least a pretty good regular season coach.

Goal might be to just make playoffs at this point and take a good punt in the postseason
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#163 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:34 am

AtheJ415 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
garrick wrote:Why isn't Azubuike getting any minutes?

You know that at least he isn't blowing a wide open layup or dunk under the rim like bum Nurkic.

Illness was what I heard on the broadcast. And Bol Bol is out with a twisted ankle.

I'd start Eubanks or Okogie then. You cannot have a guy play in that manner. We have to have standards and hold our guys up to it. We just assume time and health heals this team and it's bull ****

Eubanks is absolute garbage.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,160

Post#164 » by garrick » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:18 am

Saberestar wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
Budeholzer + D'Antoni

:roll:

You guys are wildly reaching and reactionary. Coach Bud should've lost the Finals to us, was a KD foot over the line non 3 pointer away from getting fired....and blew last years MIL team's chances to smithereens with endless dumb choices. I understand he had some very serious personal stuff to deal with. But you know what? Take the time off.

Coach Bud is no one's savior.

If this team goes to the trade deadline with a 21W-25L record or something like I doubt Ishbia stays pat and doesn't fire Vogel.

At that point...who is better and available than Budenholzer? I know Doc Rivers was considered as a HC in the summer but I prefer Budenholzer over him.

To be fair to coach Bud the past season he did have his brother die during the playoffs and Giannis suffered an injury. I do think he's better than Vogel and can get a team fired up at least.

Vogel seems more like Monty and he doesn't seem to get on the players when they don't give maximum effort.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,422

Post#165 » by Puff » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:27 am

I know who I would call.

CP3

He is on the injured reserve and I doubt he will have a job as a player next year.

Pay for his buyout with GS and make him head coach tomorrow. Unfortunately, I doubt he would work for Ish or want to coach BBB. Good lord, Beal has to have the worst contract in the history of the NBA. He might not want to coach Booker either. He probably think Book through him under the bus.

Our, Over Rated, Championship, Defensive Genius has been fired three times, hopefully number 4 is sooner than later, along with Kevin Young. My idea of Isaiah is catching some momentum. He is the logical choice considering our owner and what he might bring. His name has been part of my signature for weeks. I would bring him in to finish the season and hire CP3 in the off season.

The problem is that I do not trust James Jones and Matty to make a sound decision of any kind. They have totally lost my confidence.

They had a short get together with Shawn Marion after the game at the Matrix's house. That along with his ring of honor ceremony is the only positive thing that I think has happened to this franchise this year.

It is hard to imagine how many things have gone wrong beginning with the trade for KD.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,660

Post#166 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:29 am

As long as we win every remaining game,we can tie our record season from two years ago.
free steve nash!
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#167 » by Slim Charless » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:31 am

garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

:roll:

You guys are wildly reaching and reactionary. Coach Bud should've lost the Finals to us, was a KD foot over the line non 3 pointer away from getting fired....and blew last years MIL team's chances to smithereens with endless dumb choices. I understand he had some very serious personal stuff to deal with. But you know what? Take the time off.

Coach Bud is no one's savior.

If this team goes to the trade deadline with a 21W-25L record or something like I doubt Ishbia stays pat and doesn't fire Vogel.

At that point...who is better and available than Budenholzer? I know Doc Rivers was considered as a HC in the summer but I prefer Budenholzer over him.

To be fair to coach Bud the past season he did have his brother die during the playoffs and Giannis suffered an injury. I do think he's better than Vogel and can get a team fired up at least.

Vogel seems more like Monty and he doesn't seem to get on the players when they don't give maximum effort.

Monty lost 29 games in a row. In.....a......row......

Vogel has won a championship. Laker fans still think firing him was a mistake. As it would be if we did it.

This is pure hyperbole.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,316

Post#168 » by Frank Lee » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:53 am

:lol: The Voice of Treason emerges

You can’t stand pat, dude

We are handcuffed, chained, upside down in a water chamber in trade land.

This circus needs a new ringmaster.

The obvious choice is Thomas. He’s the only one that would do it on an interim basis. No way you commit to another coach for a three year deal. Let zeke run the show, and at the end of the year, decide whether or not to light the fuse.
What ? Me Worry ?
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,007

Post#169 » by kennydorglas » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:00 am

We gave a ferrari to a guy without driver's license.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#170 » by Revived » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:23 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Illness was what I heard on the broadcast. And Bol Bol is out with a twisted ankle.

Eubanks is absolute garbage.

And we tampered to secure the services of such a fantastic player…
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#171 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:26 am

Frank Lee wrote::lol: The Voice of Treason emerges

The obvious choice is Thomas. He’s the only one that would do it on an interim basis. No way you commit to another coach for a three year deal. Let zeke run the show, and at the end of the year, decide whether or not to light the fuse.

Zeke has over a decade of coaching experience he’d be a breath of fresh air as our coach. Just because it never worked out in NYC with all those damn lights and stress don’t mean it won’t work in an isolated city like Phoenix. Give Zeke a chance and you’ll be heavily surprised.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#172 » by Son of Ra » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:15 pm

Revived wrote:The best thing the Suns can do is blow it up honestly. Salvage value and trade KD out. Maybe to Houston and get back picks plus 2 or 3 of any of their players besides Sengun.

Then make Bradley Beal very uncomfortable, uncomfortable enough to where he’s willing to waive his NTC and send him to Miami for just expirings and maybe 1 pick or something.

If Booker is down to stay and re-group then great otherwise if he demands off too then trade him also to highest bidder.

This current nucleus is not a winning one. It’s better to realize that sooner and get some value back than wait too long and get nothing cause players all became too damn old.

I'm fine with this in theory but if you finish that thought...do you really want Jones, Ishbia and Thomas to be in charge of the returns? Other than Cam and kinda lucking into Bridges have there been any good picks or pickups for that matter in the last 7 years? I guess Paul ended up working out too.

I'd rather wait and hope that Ishbia has an epiphany, realizes his knee jerk moves didn't work and sits down and works out a good plan. Maybe hire Ujiri? Lure some other high profile guys with a proven track record away from other teams by showering them with money.

As much as I hate this team rn, I don't want this current leadership to make any moves at all tbh.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Post#173 » by handsome salary » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:25 pm

The Big 3 is what you call taking a 1 and 2 at the same time.

The Suns have a losing record to Western conference teams. Losing to the bottom three teams will do that.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#174 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:35 pm

handsome salary wrote:The Big 3 is what you call taking a 1 and 2 at the same time.

I had a dream that I was a fly on suns locker room wall just flying and buzzing around then suddenly out of nowhere the quietest player in the room Kevin Durant storms towards Vogel and punches him square to the face yelling “ you ruined this team and franchise you baboon!” Tensions were already mighty high but Suns owner and his BFF Isiah decided help was needed so they traded Vogel for Mike Dantoni. All Suns fans were stoked and couldn’t believe their eyes. At first Dantoni wanted to trade the entire roster for the 09-10 roster who went to the WCF, but due to rules and regulations and old age, Adam Silver declined Mike’s request. Stay tuned to find out what happens next…
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#175 » by enigmatics » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:56 pm

Golanator wrote:
Revived wrote:Bradley Beal averaged over SIX 3pt attempts per game for his career before joining the Suns. He’s averaging THREE 3pt attempts per game for the Suns.

He’s even had seasons where he averaged EIGHT 3pt attempts per game.

Tell me again about the genius that is Kevin Young.

Our “star” players take the most inefficient shot in basketball…the midrange.

Kevin Young sucks, but it's not his fault our star players don't want to shoot 3's.

Look at Luka. Averaging over 10 attempts this season. He gets it.

It is becoming more apparent that our star players are more worried about keeping their efficiency #'s up than actually doing what is needed.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#176 » by Fifii » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:13 pm

What a disasters

When Vogel starting play KD as center I turn off this game. I know that Zu dominating our paint. Great move from our championship coach.

Zu play better than Nurkic in this game. Fact not opinion.

Gordon wants bigger role in offense ? What a joke I hope that we trade him. He isn’t good even like a 6th man.

KDP I wrote that he is G-League player non NBA.

We are not contender.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#177 » by KdoubleDees23 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:48 pm

kennydorglas wrote:We gave a ferrari to a guy without driver's license.

TBH none of our Stars are vocal leaders or any of that! They need a veteran leader on the bench
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#178 » by KdoubleDees23 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:49 pm

yall need to call out booker as well. Dude has been garbage
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#179 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:01 pm

Frank Lee wrote::lol: The Voice of Treason emerges

At this point I'm all for Thomas being the coach just so they stop pretending that he has nothing to do with the team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#180 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:16 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:yall need to call out booker as well. Dude has been garbage

I’m SRB4G and I approve this message.

Return to Phoenix Suns