ImageImageImage

Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 359

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#21 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:02 pm

Ayton and Nurk's stats are almost the same in scoring and rebounding which I didn't expect. Biggest difference is Nurk is mentally present consistently. I like him a lot more than I thought I would. He's looking like an old school center, big banger down low. Tonight will be a fun matchup.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#22 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 pm

DroughtsOverPHX wrote:Ayton and Nurk's stats are almost the same in scoring and rebounding which I didn't expect. Biggest difference is Nurk is mentally present consistently. I like him a lot more than I thought I would. He's looking like an old school center, big banger down low. Tonight will be a fun matchup.

Nurkic is a big boy who will not be intimidated. He’ll clap those cheeks until they’re unclappable and then sail off somewhere into the sunset.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#23 » by Saberestar » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:10 pm

DroughtsOverPHX wrote:Ayton and Nurk's stats are almost the same in scoring and rebounding which I didn't expect. Biggest difference is Nurk is mentally present consistently. I like him a lot more than I thought I would. He's looking like an old school center, big banger down low. Tonight will be a fun matchup.

Nurkic — Ayton —
12.3 PPG 11.9 PPG
10.2 RPG 10.0 RPG
3.9 APG 1.4 APG
1.2 BPG 0.7 BPG

Read on Twitter

Nurkic is playing better than Ayton and getting half of his salary.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,149

Post#24 » by handsome salary » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 pm

Saberestar wrote:

Nurkic — Ayton —
12.3 PPG 11.9 PPG
10.2 RPG 10.0 RPG
3.9 APG 1.4 APG
1.2 BPG 0.7 BPG

Read on Twitter

Nurk gets the defensive rebound and then can dribble up the floor to start the offense. Ayton is get the rebound and look around for someone to give it to.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#26 » by sunsbg » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:22 pm

handsome salary wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Nurkic — Ayton —
12.3 PPG 11.9 PPG
10.2 RPG 10.0 RPG
3.9 APG 1.4 APG
1.2 BPG 0.7 BPG

Read on Twitter

Nurk gets the defensive rebound and then can dribble up the floor to start the offense. Ayton is get the rebound and look around for someone to give it to.

Those stats look a bit off. Also I guess Nurk dribbling up the court is super valuable when your 50M guard can't get off the bench.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#28 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:29 pm

sunsbg wrote:
handsome salary wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Those stats look a bit off. Also I guess Nurk dribbling up the court is super valuable when your 50M guard can't get off the bench.

Time to put some respect on Nurkic, sunsbg. He’s a grown ass man. :)
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#29 » by sunsbg » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:33 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Time to put some respect on Nurkic, sunsbg. He’s a grown ass man. :)

I do. Still would exchange his dribbling down the court skill for moving his feet on D.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Post#30 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:41 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Really not much talk about Ayton from Blazer fans. The biggest talk is about firing Chauncey Billups by far. But there are a number of people who want to trade their guys who are not really young, mainly Brogdon, then Grant, but some include Ayton.

There's plenty of talk across all platforms i.e. X, Reddit, and some other forums.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,761

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:48 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Really not much talk about Ayton from Blazer fans. The biggest talk is about firing Chauncey Billups by far. But there are a number of people who want to trade their guys who are not really young, mainly Brogdon, then Grant, but some include Ayton.

There's plenty of talk across all platforms i.e. X, Reddit, and some other forums.

I know you're kind of obsessed with Ayton. I hadn't seen what you were talking about so I even searched for it, and barely saw anything. But when you search for it, you will find something or I know you like to embellish things or make stuff up...whether intentional or in your head.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I know you're kind of obsessed with Ayton. I hadn't seen what you were talking about so I even searched for it, and barely saw anything. But when you search for it, you will find something or I know you like to embellish things or make stuff up...whether intentional or in your head.

I'm as obsessed with Ayton as you are obsessed with low key shade at Nurk.

I've barely talked about the guy since the initial surge when the season began because there's been NOTHING to talk about it. Shocker right or did you really believe he'd continue to lead the league in steals after 5 games?

He is what he is and now Portland fans know it. He was even recently trending on Twitter again because of it (at the time I brought up the Chauncey thing) and no not talking about the American Dad crap.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:25 pm

sunsbg wrote:Those stats look a bit off. Also I guess Nurk dribbling up the court is super valuable when your 50M guard can't get off the bench.

It's beyond that.

It's the buy-in. It's the ability to run the offense thru him (which they will need to do more as the season progresses). It's the ability to set hard screens to free up teammates. It's getting to the free throw line and being physical with opposing teams big men.

You get all of that PLUS a double double and not paying a max for it.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,477

Post#34 » by sunskerr » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:42 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I've barely talked about the guy since the initial surge when the season began because there's been NOTHING to talk about it. Shocker right or did you really believe he'd continue to lead the league in steals after 5 games?

He is what he is and now Portland fans know it. He was even recently trending on Twitter again because of it (at the time I brought up the Chauncey thing) and no not talking about the American Dad crap.

My impression that i get from blazers fans is that they are "ok" with him. They definitely get frustrated at his play for sure but they have lower expectations than Suns fans i.e. there are no disillusions about him being some kind of hidden offensive talent who would be a star "if he just got usage". They know his skill set and that lowers the bar to a more realistic level, although again yeah I still see frustration with the effort/aggression.

A big part of that is that the blazers didnt draft him so the number 1 pick/weight of the franchise/iwishyouwereluka stuff just doesn't exist whereas with us, we had to deal with that and quite frankly, yeah he did fail us.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#35 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:06 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

At least the Blazers knew what they were getting and anything more is a bonus
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#36 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:37 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I've been impressed with Nurk so not sure what you mean about low shade....he's been our bright spot so far. There really isn't much talk about DA among Blazers fans. I actually expected there would be quite a bit, but there isn't. I know he is what he is. I didn't see anything with Chauncey outside of a Mavs beat writer posting something about a timeout that was nothing. You mentioned something like Chauncey yelling at him for lack of effort or something like that which is obviously making stuff up.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 pm

sunskerr wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

My impression that i get from blazers fans is that they are "ok" with him. They definitely get frustrated at his play for sure but they have lower expectations than Suns fans i.e. there are no disillusions about him being some kind of hidden offensive talent who would be a star "if he just got usage". They know his skill set and that lowers the bar to a more realistic level, although again yeah I still see frustration with the effort/aggression.

A big part of that is that the blazers didnt draft him so the number 1 pick/weight of the franchise/iwishyouwereluka stuff just doesn't exist whereas with us, we had to deal with that and quite frankly, yeah he did fail us.

It was a dumb pick. I can understand enigmatics being really upset because I think he really wanted him, but expectations were not too high for me either.

Anyway, yeah, Blazers fans don't say much about him as far as I can tell. Sometimes I go to the Blazers board to see what they are saying about him and there is nothing. Or barely anything. There have been some "get him some more shots"..he's actually shooting over 62% outside of 16 ft which is surprising.

I don't read too much into his play because they have young guards who don't really know how to get him involved. Grant scores the most and very rarely passes. I saw him try the other night and it was bad. But they have 3 other starters who jack up 15-20 shots a game and are not very efficient.

I imagine he'd look a bit different if in Indy.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#38 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:03 am

Search Deandre Ayton in Twitter after a game and see what Blazers fans are saying. People HATE that man. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,289

Post#39 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 am

Biggest different to me:

Nurk: 6.3 FTA/100 Poss
Ayton: 1.9 FTA/100 Poss

Also 6.7 to 2.3 Assists/100 Poss
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#40 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:00 am

Calvin Klein wrote:Biggest different to me:

Nurk: 6.3 FTA/100 Poss
Ayton: 1.9 FTA/100 Poss

Also 6.7 to 2.3 Assists/100 Poss

Let me know when Nurk has a game winning dunk in the playoffs.

Spoiler:
Joking hehe

Return to Phoenix Suns