ImageImageImage

Two notes from a great game...

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#21 » by -SDU- » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:06 pm

^ its more about how active and aggressive he is

there isnt alot of room for players on this team to put up better stats, we need them to play their roles and i think diaw has been doing that lately with the exception of his low FG%.

im happy he is taking more shots, he just isnt making them. I know that sounds dumb, but the shots he is taking are good shots and i want him to keep taking them because they will start falling soon enough
PHXfan85
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#22 » by PHXfan85 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:48 pm

I agree with the post regarding his sense of where his teammates are on the floor. I've noticed his aggressivenees driving to the hole and drawing the double team, only to shoot it out to the perimeter or find a cutting Stat. His presensce is more noticable on the floor and teams are having to defend him when he become aggresive, thus alleviating the D on some of our top scorers.

Besides, this team is quoted as not caring who takes the shots, just caring that the ball gets good movement and whoever does take the shot has a good look. If they aren't stat whores, why should we be?

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
JJ13
Rookie
And1: 488

Post#23 » by JJ13 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:11 pm

It's not a matter of being a stat whore, it's a matter of production...

Unlike some other posters, I DO care whether or not the ball goes in the hoop...isn't that the name of the game?? If he was getting such good shots then those shots should fall. And in regards to his aggressiveness, yes, I did see Boris try to take it to the hoop on one or two occassions...BUT, I saw more occassions where Boris had the ability to attack and find a great shot, only to jump stop, kill the play and kick it out.

I understand if the reason we can't move Boris is his salary...fine, I can accept that (begrudgingly). But don't try to justify his aloof presence on the court. The guy's out of shape, unmotivated and intimidated to take the ball to the rack.
PHXfan85
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#24 » by PHXfan85 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:18 am

Do you disagree that he's showing an improvement though?

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
JJ13
Rookie
And1: 488

Post#25 » by JJ13 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:34 am

I agree that he is trying to be more aggressive, but I do not think the productivity of his efforts is improving...

I don't think he's trying hard enough to improve. In the weight room, in conditioning, in concerted focus...whatever it may be, his efforts are not producing results worthy of a mid-level salary, never-the-less a $9MM salary. Now I could be way off base considering I don't know Boris's workout or practice regiment -- My judgements are based off of his aloofness on the court, decline in conditioning/agility (which I do think is true) and therefore a decline in stats.

Again, not a stat whore -- in fact, I love Raja's play, even though his stats are struggling. He's a warrior. Boris, well, no so much a warrior, therefore I frown upon his current statistics. As soon as I see a consistent fire in Boris's play I'll change my stance.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#26 » by nashill » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:49 am

Just watched the game a while ago and its just one of those games where everything went on Suns way. Its still good to see Banks playing and did a good job on defense. But im still worried with the rebounding, Denver had 23 offensive rebounds.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.

Return to Phoenix Suns