Rookie
And1: 1

Post#21 » by acis » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:14 am

me?
^^impulsenine
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#22 » by -SDU- » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:18 am

yeah, the suns came out and said they wouldnt include amare in any deal for garnett

the wolves asked and we said no
acis
Rookie

Post#23 » by acis » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:22 am

damn, my bad. so much trade talk about that deal, i'm sure i was confused.

^^impulsenine
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Da big3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 am

JustMoe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Guess you don't know him then. He's been a poster on the Suns board and got waived twice (two different accounts). He usually used the same avatar as you do, so I actually thought he signed up again before noticing your signature that makes it pretty obvious you're a Nets fan.
That's all, it just confused me a little at first, didn't want to make fun of you or anything.

no offense takin
i do u get waived twice :rofl:
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#25 » by -SDU- » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:59 am

dont blame you at all man, the media coverage of the whole garnett thing was crazy

something i hate also is how someone will make an assumption like "amare missed training after the hornets game because he was mad" when in actual fact it was due to his son being sick, then in all sorts of national media they report it as "amare missed because he was mad" and then articles about chemistry come up and its all blown up from one small misreported article but then because it gets printed and talked about everywhere, all of a sudden fans of other teams who dont know the real story think its true because they heard steven a smith say it or something
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#26 » by Cash » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:10 am

acis wrote:damn, my bad. so much trade talk about that deal, i'm sure i was confused.

Yeah, the problem was the alleged 3-way deal with Amare to the Hawks, Hawks crap to the Wolves, and KG to the Suns. The sources in Atlanta said that Hawks ownership vetoed the deal, which made it sound like the Suns were ready to trade Amare. But the sources in Phoenix said that Suns management never even heard about that deal before it fell through. And with the extremely thorough way Kerr et al vouched for Amare afterwards, I'm pretty confident that he was never on the table. Too bad, if you ask me, because Amare + KT for KG, then signing Skinner would've made us the best team in the league.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by eastsidecrossover » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Actually, sources in Phx, and even Gambo and ash said the suns did offer Amare for KG straight up and the t-wolves said no.

now about da big3's trade. Jefferson is always hurt, and so is kristic. Not a good deal for us, we give up too much.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#28 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm

The thought of having to watch Bosh's jumpshot would kill me. So ugly.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#29 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Readin the Raptors board regarding this is funny

"Nash makes Amare who he is"

:roll:

If Amare was given the chance to be the main option, he'd be 26-28/10

Also

"Amare is a cancer"

SDU already said somethin about it here. +1

-[Yawn]..give me the guy who is 3rd in efficiency in the entire NBA, and both on defense are nothin' special. Amare's got blocks on him, and doesn't have a C along side.
I see they're riding Bosh again after this tear he is on.
ma_falaa_50
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#30 » by ma_falaa_50 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Wow I guess things has gone to ****. Who do you guys think would want to trade amare?

gut check time suckas!
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#31 » by guaves13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Amare isn't going anywhere. As some have said his defensive weaknesses are blown out of proportion because he is guarding guys taller, heavier, and stronger than him every night. That could be remedied by moving him back to the 4. He is also asked to carry the load on offense AND be the only enforcer at the rim. And we wonder why he is often in foul trouble.

As far as PHX offering him straight up for KG, under the CBA that isn't even possible. With KG's kicker he makes almost $10m more than Amare.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#32 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:02 pm

I would bomb the arena if they traded Amare.
Melon Yellow
Junior
And1: 39

Post#33 » by Melon Yellow » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 pm

You'd have to change your username also. Anyways, I highly doubt that Amare is going anywhere. I would very pissed if he were to be traded. VERY PISSED!
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#34 » by rsavaj » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Only reason I wouldn't be completely incensed if they traded Amare is if they somehow landed LeBeast or Dwight....which is never happening, so I'm going to be completely incensed if they ever trade Amare.
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#35 » by jlove_26 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Im not a proponent for trading Amare, or Marion for that matter, however if the Suns are looking at either of those I'd prefer trading Marion, even though he is the biggest catalyst for this team other than Nash.

Yesterday on Extra Sports 910 here in Phoenix they talked about a trade being discussed between Memphis and Phoenix. They said the deal looked like this:

Amare/Diaw/Banks/Atlanta pick
for
Gasol/Miller/Warrick/Damon Stoudamire

If you look in the main trade board, you'll also see that I messed with a couple of 3-ways in the deal adding in either Chicago or Seattle.

Here's what they looked like:
Chicago gets: Warrick/Swift/Amare/Mike Miller
Memphis gets: Banks/Diaw/Nocioni/Ben Wallace
Suns get: Gasol/Deng/Sefalosha/Noah/Damon Stoudamire

this deal would get the Suns a better defensive big in Gasol, a back-up if marion walks next summer in Deng, a more than capable back-up for nash in Stoudamire, and 2 youngs that the Suns were supposedly enamore with the past 2 years in Sefalosha and Noah.

or

Seattle gets: Gasol/Diaw/Warrick
Memphis gets: Amare/Banks/Szerbiak/Atl 1st
Suns get: Miller/Collison/Wilcox/Damon Stoudamire

This deal gets us a young big that is basically an Amare LIGHT who is almost as good defensively and rebounding wise as Amare. Plus we get another big that can flat out rebound, a dead-eye 3pt shooter that can handle the rock in Miller and again a good back-up for Nash in Stoudamire.
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#36 » by JustMoe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 am

rsavaj wrote:Only reason I wouldn't be completely incensed if they traded Amare is if they somehow landed LeBeast or Dwight....which is never happening, so I'm going to be completely incensed if they ever trade Amare.

:nod:

Black Jesus 1 wrote:I would bomb the arena if they traded Amare.

I'm with you, buddy. It would seriously piss me off if we'd trade Amare for that crybaby Gasol or an old, worndown player like Wallace or Jermaine. Dwight and Bron would be clear upgrades for us, that's why I'd do the deal, while Orlando and Cleveland wouldn't even consider it. But all other players are either older or worse or both at the same time. Where would be the sense in trading STAT for someone like Gasol?! It wouldn't improve our team one bit, in fact it would even make us worse.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#37 » by mkot » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:21 am

jlove_26 wrote:Yesterday on Extra Sports 910 here in Phoenix they talked about a trade being discussed between Memphis and Phoenix. They said the deal looked like this:

Amare/Diaw/Banks/Atlanta pick
for
Gasol/Miller/Warrick/Damon Stoudamire

Wiretap - Source: Grizz, Stoudamire near buyout; Suns, Celtics favorites to sign him.

It's being reported all around. Guess that Memphis deal they talked about was just that - rumor.
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#38 » by jlove_26 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:24 am

That may be true, but it could also be a precursor to the deal in that was talked about here on radio too. That may be why the buy-out hasnt taken place already.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#39 » by mkot » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:49 am

Why would the Suns even want to consider this? I don't see how this deal help us win a championship, and fix our soft post defense at the same time. What has Amare done? Has he been arrested for DUI? Has he gone clubbing until three in the morning on a game day? Has he been in a fist-fight with a team mate?

Amare makes small ball and run and gun work because of his ability to play inside, be a big that plays above the rim and he gets to the FT line (and more importantly, makes them) which is crucial in late game situations. Our problem is that, at times, we don't feature him enough. If we don't have Amare, or someone close to him skills wise, we have absolutely no chance in the playoffs. Lets say you replace him with Pau Gasol. You get more size, maybe a better team player (better passer out of the post) but you lose out on the inside play and athleticism. We're a jump shooting team now, and not even a great one compared to our other teams. Add another jump shooter and you increase the chances of losing when those jumpers don't fall. We've had Googs, Cliffy and L** L****** for all those years and what did it get us? 50 wins and 1st round exits.

There's no one we can trade Amare for that could make us better (those who can is untouchable). Really, theres no one else I can really think of. Perhaps the Bucks need a 4? Do we look at CharlieV, Simmons, and make them send us Yi? Again, we take a step back this year. Would we try Horford, Sheldon Williams, Zaza, and Childress? Would the Hawks do it? Emeka, and Morrison? Rasheed Wallace and Flip Murray? Jamison and Blatche for Amare and Banks?

Not a single one of those trades appeals to me. We're not getting better than Amare in any deal unless Otis Smith smokes some dust and decides to put Dwight Howard on the block, or Ainge decides he trades KG to us and breaks up that Big 3 they have in beantown in order to get fired. I don't know how any of those truly make us better. Despite a slow start to the season becasue of the surgery, Amare is one of the top 5 PER players in the league. He's top 10 in blocks. Top 5 in field goal percentage. Amare is almost in a class of his own when you put it all together. I think we just need to start taking full advantage of his skills instead of making him run around setting screens for 40 minutes.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#40 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:42 am

mkot wrote:
Not a single one of those trades appeals to me. We're not getting better than Amare in any deal unless Otis Smith smokes some dust and decides to put Dwight Howard on the block, or Ainge decides he trades KG to us and breaks up that Big 3 they have in beantown in order to get fired. I don't know how any of those truly make us better. Despite a slow start to the season becasue of the surgery, Amare is one of the top 5 PER players in the league. He's top 10 in blocks. Top 5 in field goal percentage. Amare is almost in a class of his own when you put it all together. I think we just need to start taking full advantage of his skills instead of making him run around setting screens for 40 minutes.

That made me laugh.. :lol:

Return to Phoenix Suns