ImageImageImage

Game 18: Phoenix Suns (11-6) @ Toronto Raptors (8-9) l Wednesday l 5:30pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Re: Game 18: Phoenix Suns (11-6) @ Toronto Raptors (8-9) l Wednesday l 5:30pm l AZFamily 

Post#201 » by Fifii » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm

This game show how important player is Grayson in this season.

We lost because we was tragic on rebounding and Devin played terrible.

If Diop still miss open shoots I would cut him from rotations and give more min Yuta.

Vogel try play Drew on PF and Metu as C. How you see it ? Good or bad move ?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Re: Game 18: Phoenix Suns (11-6) @ Toronto Raptors (8-9) l Wednesday l 5:30pm l AZFamily 

Post#202 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:56 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:KD and Book seemed hungover to be honest.

It was idiotic to put Book back in that game once he was hurt. I literally saw him limping around the court on a few of the possessions after, and then he took the key 3 pointer that eliminated us.

He also came down hard on it after a defensive rebound he went up high for. I remember watching him wincing while he landed thinking :banghead: .
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#203 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:00 pm

Fifii wrote:This game show how important player is Grayson in this season.

We lost because we was tragic on rebounding and Devin played terrible.

If Diop still miss open shoots I would cut him from rotations and give more min Yuta.

Vogel try play Drew on PF and Metu as C. How you see it ? Good or bad move ?

Yuta is on skates out there. He's worthless as far as I'm concerned even his pretty looking shot - at least with KBD you still get hustle and a guy who'll block shots / get into the passing lanes.

The Suns had a big rebounding edge until the 4th quarter when Eubanks and Yuta got absolutely dominated.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,270

Post#204 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 pm

We had a nice win streak, it was bound to break. On to the next game
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,888

Post#205 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:14 pm

It's good news if Booker is just pained rather than truly injured.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#206 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:21 pm

We played terrible and with 2 of 3 stars injured but barely lost

Jordan Goodwin is going to get some recognition soon does everything on court and 3rd in plus minus for us per 100.

Gordon had 5 points in the 2nd half we never run plays for him and he's the ultimate pay for doubling shooter. But if he's not getting shots he's not doing much else so that's why Goodwin and Okogie have better plus minus he needs more looks with all the defenders collapsing on Durant and Booker.

Good news is we've figured out our turnovers, always get to the line with our iso guys and crash the offensive boards those peripheral things will keep us in it on off nights.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,179

Post#207 » by bigfoot » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Important to put this out there

19 points
14 rebounds
6 assists
2 blocks
8/12 shooting

Nurk really helped pick up slack and kept the game close. Missing three key rotation players in Allen, Little, and Beal. Less than 20 games into the season and there is so much growth this team can make over the next 60+ games. Book, Beal, and KD should all make sure their bodies are right before coming back. Goodwin, Little, and Metu need minutes to see how they assimilate with the other players. At some point, the big three will all be on the court.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:00 pm

bigfoot wrote:Important to put this out there

19 points
14 rebounds
6 assists
2 blocks
8/12 shooting

Nurk really helped pick up slack and kept the game close. Missing three key rotation players in Allen, Little, and Beal. Less than 20 games into the season and there is so much growth this team can make over the next 60+ games. Book, Beal, and KD should all make sure their bodies are right before coming back. Goodwin, Little, and Metu need minutes to see how they assimilate with the other players. At some point, the big three will all be on the court.

...... and they could've gotten even more out of Nurk if they showed some more intention of running the 2-man game with Durant especially with Book's ankle. Poetl simply couldn't handle Nurk inside.

That's why I wish Durant would cut back on the iso-crap because the offense (when being run correctly) can get more efficient shots than that and by the truckload.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,814

Post#209 » by sunsbum » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:10 pm

enigmatics wrote:

19 points
14 rebounds
6 assists
2 blocks
8/12 shooting

...... and they could've gotten even more out of Nurk if they showed some more intention of running the 2-man game with Durant especially with Book's ankle. Poetl simply couldn't handle Nurk inside.

That's why I wish Durant would cut back on the iso-crap because the offense (when being run correctly) can get more efficient shots than that and by the truckload.

In the end KD is going to be KD. Sometimes I get frustrated with the ball stoppage between Book and KD but we all know these are 2 of the top 10 scorers in the league, they kinda know what they're doing. I trust frank to identify some things that may or may not be working in the offense, he's shown the ability to adjust when needed. Last night was just a bad game, no one was shooting well, and book was magazine as well as having some important bench players out. I don't forsee this type of game happening too often.
Overall I feel like we have taken some pretty big steps forward since then beginning of the season.
I hate this team.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#210 » by NapoleonII » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:18 pm

Yup.

Five steps forward, one step back.

Hopefully this taste of losing makes them destroy the lakers in 3 quarters.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Post#211 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 pm

Rough game. Didn't come out with quite the focus and execution you'd come to expect and we just looked like we're resigning to fate that we can't keep the win streak going. We came out with some extra juice in the clutch but they were executing just as well and was able to match us shot for shot before we ran out of time.

Biggest blunder was bringing Book back when quite frankly, we were rolling without him. I think the guys would've played better or would've been in that next man up mindset if they knew Book was going to come back in. He was ineffective out there and it just wasn't a good decision to risk further damage to try and beat the Raptors in late November when it's not even an important game. Pretty disappointed in the coaching staff
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Post#212 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#213 » by enigmatics » Fri Dec 1, 2023 1:29 am

sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

19 points
14 rebounds
6 assists
2 blocks
8/12 shooting

In the end KD is going to be KD. Sometimes I get frustrated with the ball stoppage between Book and KD but we all know these are 2 of the top 10 scorers in the league, they kinda know what they're doing. I trust frank to identify some things that may or may not be working in the offense, he's shown the ability to adjust when needed. Last night was just a bad game, no one was shooting well, and book was magazine as well as having some important bench players out. I don't forsee this type of game happening too often.
Overall I feel like we have taken some pretty big steps forward since then beginning of the season.

I mean I get that they "generally" know what they're doing, BUT it generally wasn't working against the length and defensive effort of the Raptors - especially with a hobbled Booker. I guess I'd rather be versatile/adjust in this particular situation because the game was there for them to snatch away from the Raptors in the 4th quarter.

Return to Phoenix Suns