ImageImageImage

Game 13: Phoenix Suns (6-6) @ Utah Jazz (4-8)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Re: Game 13: Phoenix Suns (6-6) @ Utah Jazz (4-8) 

Post#221 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:26 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Just thinking of how this season has gone, can you imagine if those Eric Gordon/Grayson Allen open looks were Torrey Craig or Josh Okogie? It makes all the difference in the world to have guys that space the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I get it from an offensive perspective, but the issue is when a guy like Gordon is giving it right back on the other end of the floor.

At least Allen is a stud though.

I don’t think Eric Gordon is as bad as you make him to be on defense. I have noticed him ball watch a few times and his guy cuts for an easy bucket but it’s been like that for the entire team. Last night, he had 2 steals and 2 blocks. He’s not perfect on that end but wouldn’t consider him a bad defender by any means.

The Suns would be in trouble without EG. That’s a fact.

That's right

Although some of those low effort "plays" from EG just REALLY stand out and is hard to forget. But yes, on the whole, he's been a positive and someone you're glad to have on the team. And the best thing is, as solid as he's been, he's not even the best 2nd tier guard, it's arguably Grayson. Before the season, I would've thought it would be like Book/Beal and then EG and then Grayson but it's more like Book/Beal and then Grayson and then EG. Grayson might not be the same level of scorer EG can be but he's a better shooter, significantly better rebounder and I think he's a much better and more versatile defender.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,870

Post#222 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:28 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:He doesn't play, he is the 15th guy on the roster.

Understand. He was racking up DNP at the end in Orlando as well. Hoped it was a better situation for him since he get to be around KD and Booker.

I just never saw a legit NBA guy in Bol Bol even when he was doing cool things in Orlando. I get the attraction to his talent and his physical gifts but dude just looked like raw. Always thought his best opportunity ewas to go to a team with very low expectations and looking for free kicks at untapped talent. OKC was that place but now they have had their free kicks and are looking to be legit, it's no longer an option. Spurs perhaps? But I just never saw a chance for him to crack our rotation in any meaningful way so his signing (and roster spot) just feels like a waste on a team that wants to be a real contender.

Sorry about that. I really did have high hopes for him going to your team because I though you guys needed good cheap players since you have 3 big contracts. Was really hoping that KD and Booker would bring something out of him because he can actually play. But yeah, he’s raw. Not sure what it’s going to take for him to step it up. He’ll probably come alive when playing against us.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,795

Post#223 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Understand. He was racking up DNP at the end in Orlando as well. Hoped it was a better situation for him since he get to be around KD and Booker.

I just never saw a legit NBA guy in Bol Bol even when he was doing cool things in Orlando. I get the attraction to his talent and his physical gifts but dude just looked like raw. Always thought his best opportunity ewas to go to a team with very low expectations and looking for free kicks at untapped talent. OKC was that place but now they have had their free kicks and are looking to be legit, it's no longer an option. Spurs perhaps? But I just never saw a chance for him to crack our rotation in any meaningful way so his signing (and roster spot) just feels like a waste on a team that wants to be a real contender.

Sorry about that. I really did have high hopes for him going to your team because I though you guys needed good cheap players since you have 3 big contracts. Was really hoping that KD and Booker would bring something out of him because he can actually play. But yeah, he’s raw. Not sure what it’s going to take for him to step it up. He’ll probably come alive when playing against us.

On a contender, you really can't waste spots on raw players imo. Bol's been in the league for 5 yrs now so he's not even eligible for a 2 way spot and he's still raw as hell. I'd rather have a less talented vet in that spot that you know what you're going to get from him and he's made a career of being productive enough to be a vet.

This is almost definitely a Matt Ishbia fan signing more than anything because I just don't see Jones or Vogel (or his coaching staff) wanting a guy this raw to develop while trying to win a title. Or perhaps they thought the regular season would be smooth sailing for a lot of blow outs so a lot more opportunities for him...who knows but it does feel like a wasted spot.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,325

Post#224 » by Frank Lee » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:09 am

enigmatics wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
I mean I get it from an offensive perspective, but the issue is when a guy like Gordon is giving it right back on the other end of the floor.

At least Allen is a stud though.

I don’t think Eric Gordon is as bad as you make him to be on defense. I have noticed him ball watch a few times and his guy cuts for an easy bucket but it’s been like that for the entire team. Last night, he had 2 steals and 2 blocks. He’s not perfect on that end but wouldn’t consider him a bad defender by any means.

The Suns would be in trouble without EG. That’s a fact.

See that's bias talking.

He's a net negative player and it bares out in almost all the advanced stats. The Suns just hope that on enough nights his shot is on.

Chuck Gordon can hoop on one end
What ? Me Worry ?
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#225 » by darealjuice » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:04 am

Gordon has good hands, but he can't stay in front of his own shadow on defense these days. He can be streaky and his shot selection isn't always great, there's no doubt he's come up big as a scorer for us at points this season though.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#226 » by suns12345 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:25 am

darealjuice wrote:Gordon has good hands, but he can't stay in front of his own shadow on defense these days. He can be streaky and his shot selection isn't always great, there's no doubt he's come up big as a scorer for us at points this season though.

Doing away with the unnecessary deep threes would help. It's nice he CAN shoot from there, but doesn't mean you have to shoot from deeper when wide open.

Return to Phoenix Suns