ImageImageImage

Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Lakers [Game 39]

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#281 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 am

BringinDaRuckus wrote:Nash's post-game interview was hilarious!!!!!

He was asked about some of the slumps the Suns are experiencing and he replied "What can I say, we suck." LOL He was just kidding obviously.

He also said Diaw sucked tonight as well. Jokingly again of course.... but on some other nights I wonder....

nash PWNS the drama queens!

that was at you frank!
andykeikei
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#282 » by andykeikei » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 am

May be Nash just got tired of the media making a big deal of everything...
Good game, but I always wonder why you don't play more bench. I mean sure you would lose some games, but it is important that they develop right now rather than in playoff.
shawngoat23 wrote:I would say Walton's impact is Russell-esque, but he's really just a classical human being who defies comparison to anyone in the history of Western civilization.
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#283 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 am

lakers and spurs lose! noice

and they play each other next week!

keep going suns, slow and steady baby

props to the laker fans for good banter during this one, a masssive improvement on the past (both ways)

see you guys in february for the 4th game of this great series
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#284 » by dm17415 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 am

Diaw should be mic'ed up every game.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#285 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 am

andykeikei wrote:May be Nash just got tired of the media making a big deal of everything...
Good game, but I always wonder why you don't play more bench. I mean sure you would lose some games, but it is important that they develop right now rather than in playoff.

weve been playing banks lately, but really, this game wasnt worth risking anything

matchup against conference leader, who owns the season series (and tiebreaker 2-0)

i dont mind dantoni going all out for this one and giving the guys a rest in the next one
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#286 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 am

@ BJ1 - glad i could be of assistance with this game thread after missing the last one ;-)

-SDU- 79
CroesusDeluxo 27
impulsenine 20
Black Jesus 1 17
Shzm13 10
shortodom 8
Seattlesun 8
EasternMagic 7
Patterns 7
mkot 7
JustMoe 7
13-32 5
Kobay 5
Cash 5
Dry_Fish 4
nevetsov 3
semi-sentient 3
asubennett 3
zen_4_10 3
Griever24 3
skatesb16 2
ImmortalD24 2
EHL 2
BurningHeart 2
Big Money 2
iamworthy 2
acis 2
dm17415 2
dingclancy 2
GoDogGo 2
huk 2
Alleyhoops 2
myron 2
andykeikei 1
Never Fear 33 Is Here 1
Kobe D 1
DEEP3CL 1
Heir 1
Suns_fan_2007 1
nashill 1
Taiwan Killa 1
El Hardee 1
Suns_Fever 1
blix 1
Craig McDermott 1
tms386 1
leaguegod692 1
pidi 1
The Hypnotoad 1
lakerzkb8 1
ChocolateThundr 1
LALakers4ever 1
generic_two 1
Deuce33 1
LAL4Life 1
KayZee 1
BringinDaRuckus 1
Bass-Punk 1
Mr. Sun 1
SashAlex 1
LakersSquad 1
andykeikei
Bench Warmer

Post#287 » by andykeikei » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 am

-SDU- wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

weve been playing banks lately, but really, this game wasnt worth risking anything

matchup against conference leader, who owns the season series (and tiebreaker 2-0)

i dont mind dantoni going all out for this one and giving the guys a rest in the next one

True
shawngoat23 wrote:I would say Walton's impact is Russell-esque, but he's really just a classical human being who defies comparison to anyone in the history of Western civilization.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#288 » by mkot » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 am

Black Jesus 1 wrote:Nice J Doris, but F you D'Antoni..wth is Amare doing sittin the bench the rest of the way?

He got 5 fouls...Skinner is out there, and Boris is playing great, I wouldn't put him on the floor either...
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#289 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:54 am

Good run by your boys tonight, we couldn't hit a fly with a shovel tonight.
Had a little run here and there but good teams like the Suns respond to counter attacks. BD3 was sick a one point, boy couldn't miss.

We're definitely in readjustment mode until we settle our 5 spot. The media makes a big deal about the Suns not being the same, but I say nothing has changed to me at all. The only thing that will change your team is if Kerr make a move of some sort but I don't know why he would to tell the truth. If it ain't broke let it the hell alone.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#290 » by Griever24 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:02 am

-SDU- wrote:@ BJ1 - glad i could be of assistance with this game thread after missing the last one ;-)

-SDU- 79
CroesusDeluxo 27
impulsenine 20
Black Jesus 1 17
Shzm13 10
shortodom 8
Seattlesun 8
EasternMagic 7
Patterns 7
mkot 7
JustMoe 7
13-32 5
Kobay 5
Cash 5
Dry_Fish 4
nevetsov 3
semi-sentient 3
asubennett 3
zen_4_10 3
Griever24 3
skatesb16 2
ImmortalD24 2
EHL 2
BurningHeart 2
Big Money 2
iamworthy 2
acis 2
dm17415 2
dingclancy 2
GoDogGo 2
huk 2
Alleyhoops 2
myron 2
andykeikei 1
Never Fear 33 Is Here 1
Kobe D 1
DEEP3CL 1
Heir 1
Suns_fan_2007 1
nashill 1
Taiwan Killa 1
El Hardee 1
Suns_Fever 1
blix 1
Craig McDermott 1
tms386 1
leaguegod692 1
pidi 1
The Hypnotoad 1
lakerzkb8 1
ChocolateThundr 1
LALakers4ever 1
generic_two 1
Deuce33 1
LAL4Life 1
KayZee 1
BringinDaRuckus 1
Bass-Punk 1
Mr. Sun 1
SashAlex 1
LakersSquad 1

lol sorry i dont get it why do i get a 3 by my name ?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#291 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:13 am

Man, Amare is a bad defender, but some of those fouls they were calling on him were complete crap. That "hook" that he got called for is Kobe's #1 way of freeing himself on the baseline, and he never gets called for it....that foul on Kwame's failed alley oop attempt was BS.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#292 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:16 am

Griever24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lol sorry i dont get it why do i get a 3 by my name ?
It's how many times you responded to the thread. SDU just did a total tally of all posters.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
BringinDaRuckus
Starter
And1: 77

Post#293 » by BringinDaRuckus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 am

DEEP3CL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's how many times you responded to the thread. SDU just did a total tally of all posters.

I made the list!!!!!!!!
mkot
RealGM

Post#294 » by mkot » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:34 am

rsavaj wrote:Man, Amare is a bad defender, but some of those fouls they were calling on him were complete crap. That "hook" that he got called for is Kobe's #1 way of freeing himself on the baseline, and he never gets called for it....that foul on Kwame's failed alley oop attempt was BS.

He played off Brown and he did give him a sissy push at the back so...Fisher flopped on that 'hook', yes, but he had a PG on him and felt the need to hook it :-? ...but yeah, he racks up some of the dumbest fouls on the stupidest sh*t. He needs to calm down before making a move. Maybe that's why they don't dump the ball into him often in the post because he just tries to run guys over...especially against a team Like SA...with stupid floppers like Oberto and Ginobilli.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#295 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:35 am

^^ you just doubled your contribution too!

;-)

on the forum screen, just click on the "number of posts" and it brings up a screen telling you who posted in the thread etc
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#296 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 am

mkot wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He played off him and he did give Brown a sissy push...but yeah, he racks up some of the dumbest fouls on the stupidest sh*t. He needs to calm down before making a move. Maybe that's why they don't dump it into him often in the post because he just tries to run guys over...Especially against a team Like SA...with stupid floppers like Oberto and Ginobilli.

in his defense though, he is getting better at stopping and going around people

amare gets most of his fouls on instinct plays, like rebounds, denying entry passes, or broken plays

when he thinks, he is okay, its just when it happens quickly, his first reaction is sometimes not the right one
mkot
RealGM

Post#297 » by mkot » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 am

I edited my post (add Fisher's flop), SDU.

Yeah, his defense is decent in this game, what I'm talking about is more on his bonehead play where when Fisher is on you, you should just pound him in and dunk it on his face. No need to 'hook' it get called on stupid sh*t like that. His 5th one was an offensive foul where he just tried to run over Odom and Odom just fell on his a$$.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#298 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:53 am

mkot wrote:I edited my post (add Fisher's flop), SDU.

Yeah, his defense is decent in this game, what I'm talking about is more on his bonehead play where when Fisher is on you, you should just pound him in and dunk it on his face. No need to 'hook' it get called on stupid sh*t like that. His 5th one was an offensive foul where he just tried to run over Odom and Odom just fell on his a$$.

agreed

amare is getting better, but does have a long way to go

i have faith in him tho - at least he isnt picking up those "push off" fouls he was getting all last year when he used his off arm all the time

slowly but surely

by april?

:-)

title coming to phoenix this year baby!

(whoops, sorry for letting that out)
Alleyhoops
Ballboy

Post#299 » by Alleyhoops » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 am

I thought the Suns looked pretty damn sharp tonight. But here's my question that I ask in earnest of Suns' fans:

The Suns shoot 50% from the floor, 51% from 3 pt. range, Diaw makes up for Hill's absence with 19 points, Nash has 20 assists while...

The Lakers shot 37%, played probably close to the worst three quarters of basketball they've played this season after being in complete disarray without their inside-out game, then the bench basically has a good fourth quarter, Bynum's 28 and 15 from last game is absent...

and the Suns need to hang onto the game in the last two minutes?

How do you guys look at tonight's game? Is there concern or a win is a win, let's move on?
mkot
RealGM

Post#300 » by mkot » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:14 am

Alleyhoops wrote:The Lakers shot 37%, played probably close to the worst three quarters of basketball they've played this season after being in complete disarray without their inside-out game, then the bench basically has a good fourth quarter, Bynum's 28 and 15 from last game is absent...

and the Suns need to hang onto the game in the last two minutes?

How do you guys look at tonight's game? Is there concern or a win is a win, let's move on?

When we beat a bad team, we suck. When we beat a good team, we suck. When we barely beat a depleted team, we suck. When we have the best record in the West, we still suck. Fans always find a way to b*tch on something, anything.

Team always make a run here and there at home, which the Lakers obviously did while the Suns relaxed with a big lead with Nash on the bench. And Kobe is always that one guy who can singlehandedly win you a close game, which he tried and almost did.

The one concern I have is our bench. Without Hill, we have to start Boris and that leaves us with Barbosa, Skinner, and Banks. Today, our bench points - 22, all by Barbosa. That's not going to get it done. That's why I think most Lakers fans really had underrated Hill's absence on this roster. The Lakers while have to start Kwame Brown (and I know he blows), they still have a deep bench capable of scoring alot of points for them. We just don't have enough fire power on our bench right now.

Return to Phoenix Suns