Lead Assistant
And1: 3,339

Re: GM 8: Suns @ Bulls 

Post#301 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:57 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Nauseating.

This is the league that Steph built. Chucking for volume, not for makes. Everyone suddenly thinks of themselves as a shooter from range. I miss the 90's era when shooters were actually shooters and stretch 4's and 5's weren't really a thing.

What do you mean? We shot 40% from 3 :dontknow:

We don't win if we weren't shooting this volume from 3

Aside from Grayson there were a TON of terrible 3's taken with the lane wide open.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#302 » by KLEON » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:58 am

The Suns did everthing to lose the game but seriously did the refs had money on the game? I'm surprised Nurk still has a face, Caruso constantly holding KD by his waist with his 2 hands and look at the jump ball in OT :noway:
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#303 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:58 am

I don't think we can afford to play Okogie AND Goodwin in games, especially at the same time. It's just too anemic on offense.

Goodwin gives more positives, but Okogie has his moments in games. I think if Okogie doesn't show that he's making a huge swing on defensive momentum in the first few minutes he plays, he should probably just be on the bench the rest of that game.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#304 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:59 am

Tonight we'd
Win with Nurkic, Allen
Lose with Ayton
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,873

Post#305 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:59 am

Hitachi77 wrote:Any chance all of our big 3 play the Lakers?

I think that is the plan. That is the first game for the Suns in-season tourney right? Lakers also rested AD tonight likely so he can play against the Suns.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#306 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:59 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Those 8 3s from Allen were monstrous....no chance without those.

He has a few very low IQ players every now and then (like the foul and-1 on Vucevic) but overall he’s the only role player the Suns have that’s really worth a damn.

KBD was pretty good, the boxscore doesn't show it, but he was a difference maker.

5th starter position is his to lose IMO. We really need his size on defense and he doesn't really make mistakes on offense, albeit he's a bit invisible. He hit the biggest shot of the game as well in OT

I don't think Okogie offers anything over him except offensive rebounding. Also perimeter on all defense but we need that less than Diops size.
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#307 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:01 am

enigmatics wrote:Nurk with the near triple double (two assists shy).

As I said in the Piston game IMO there's no way in hell he doesn't average 7-8 assists this year if the team is healthy. He easily could've had 12+ if it weren't for some teammate butterfingers.

With the big 3 all back, he's gonna have some super high assist games. Give them like... 10-15 games together when healthy and we should see some games like the first 6 minutes of this one, but pretty much all game long. Vogel will need to figure out how to shuffle the times the stars sit to try and have 2 of them out there at basically all times.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#308 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:02 am

grumpysaddle wrote:I don't think we can afford to play Okogie AND Goodwin in games, especially at the same time. It's just too anemic on offense.

Goodwin gives more positives, but Okogie has his moments in games. I think if Okogie doesn't show that he's making a huge swing on defensive momentum in the first few minutes he plays, he should probably just be on the bench the rest of that game.

Situational ONLY. Not to mention ONLY if two other big scorers are out there.

The bench needs a lot of work.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#309 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:02 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
This is the league that Steph built. Chucking for volume, not for makes. Everyone suddenly thinks of themselves as a shooter from range. I miss the 90's era when shooters were actually shooters and stretch 4's and 5's weren't really a thing.

What do you mean? We shot 40% from 3 :dontknow:

The mere fact we had to make (and take) that many just to stay in it is a problem. Them losing multiple double digit leads is, too. This isn't an aberration: It's a pattern of defensive ineptitude.

OK but why is taking a lot of 3's a problem?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#310 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:03 am

grumpysaddle wrote:I don't think we can afford to play Okogie AND Goodwin in games, especially at the same time. It's just too anemic on offense.

When the Big 3 is playing, the combined minutes of those two will drop significantly meaning one guy may be out of the rotation while the other gets like 3rd guy off the bench minutes
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,266

Post#311 » by Hsker4Life » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:03 am

I showered, got dressed, took some medicine, and I’m pretty sure there’s still .007 seconds left.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,873

Post#312 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:03 am

The win feels better tonight since the Lakers, Clippers, and Mavs all lost.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#313 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:03 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I just dont like this offense it looks like iso and then pass it around

Yup. And this is what he did in LA.

Booker will fix a lot but he shouldn't have to. This team is playing far below their talent level.

Kevin Durant got 1 shot in the entire 4th quarter. It was the one at the end of the game. He is the easiest offensive weapon to get a shot for due to his size in the entire history of basketball.

We routinely make unforced errors on both sides of the ball which are more about discipline / focus than anything else.

I am very, very worried about the coaching in this one.

Also KBD being absent from the rotation to start the year is coaching malpractice. He was a differencemaker last season and the cleanest fit for our team since he is both a 3 and D player. The rest we have to pick from aside from Allen are 1 sided players (Yuta, Goodwin, Okogie).
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#314 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:What do you mean? We shot 40% from 3 :dontknow:

The mere fact we had to make (and take) that many just to stay in it is a problem. Them losing multiple double digit leads is, too. This isn't an aberration: It's a pattern of defensive ineptitude.

48?

That number needs to be 35 or less. When those shots aren't falling they're bricking teams right back into the game.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#315 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:06 am

Hsker4Life wrote:I showered, got dressed, took some medicine, and I’m pretty sure there’s still .007 seconds left.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post of the night!
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#316 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:08 am

In his 8th regular season game as a Sun.

Read on Twitter
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,888

Post#317 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:09 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:What do you mean? We shot 40% from 3 :dontknow:

Because they're not necessary, especially when taking the ball to the basket is often ignored for a longer shot that has a lesser percentage chance to go in. We need to attack the basket, not continue to be a jump shooting team and complaining why we still don't get free throws. The only way that'll change is if we change our plan of attack.

Taking a good, decent percentage three point attempt isn't bad... but most of the looks and takes we get are. And we don't need everyone out there chucking away even if we happen to get a fortunate 40% clip on makes tonight.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#318 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:10 am

enigmatics wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:

48?

That number needs to be 35 or less. When those shots aren't falling they're bricking teams right back into the game.

They naturally will. We're not gonna averaged 48 a game but I think we should be in the top 10 in 3PA which will be about 37 a game.

I'd also prefer trading extra 3's and potential bricks among them than TO's from dumb passes
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#319 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:12 am

I vote Bol Bol for Player of the Game.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#320 » by enigmatics » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:12 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:OK but why is taking a lot of 3's a problem?

48?

They naturally will. We're not gonna averaged 48 a game but I think we should be in the top 10 in 3PA which will be about 37 a game.

I'd also prefer trading extra 3's and potential bricks among them than TO's from dumb passes

Aren't some of them basically the same as a turnover when they're chucking early into the shot clock though?

Return to Phoenix Suns