ImageImageImage

Opening Night: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,845

Re: Opening Night: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT 

Post#521 » by RedIndian » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:03 am

League Pass kicked me out in the 4th quarter, asking me to subscribe. What an absolutely ass app and a third rate viewing experience. Anyone else face the same issue?
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Re: Opening Night: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors l Tuesday l 7:00pm l TNT 

Post#522 » by NapoleonII » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:03 am

sunskerr wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
garrick wrote:Book is going to have to carry this team with KD looking like a shell of his former self.

I'm interested in how Beal will work in this offense but the concern for him as usual is can he stay off the injured list and suit up?

I see only 18 pts..did he look off or slow?

Everything was short. He even got blocked on a fadeaway. Idk, it's not horrible, they're looks he likes. But it is just a tiny tiiiiny bit concerning because it might be the lift isn't there on the shot or a step slow might be causing him to settle for more fades instead of pull ups

Wouldn't think much of it unless it becomes a theme.

Vogel needs to figure out how to make KD more efficient in this offense.

Dude is out there playing like he’s 24 or 25 and a shooting guard.

He needs to be a screener and get in the post / drive and utilize more fakes, footwork.

He can’t just shoot over everyone and shoot 55% anymore.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#523 » by sunsbg » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:05 am

Hope KD will do a lot more PnRs with Nurkic than these less than 30% fgm ISO turn around jumpers. Haven' watched that many games of Nurk in the past, but remember he and Lillard were first in some PnR stat when I watched a Blazers game a few seasons ago. He's a very good screener and KD a passer out of it so they should utilize it a lot.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#524 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:06 am

I bet the "Chainsmokers" don't even smoke. **** posers.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#525 » by darealjuice » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:07 am

Sloppy win, but we’ll take it for sure. Turnovers and defensive rebounding need to improve.

Got to imagine we won’t have putrid games out of all 3 of KD, EG, and Allen often. Warriors didn’t shoot the ball well either, it’s just opening night.

Okogie was huge. Liked what we saw out of Nurkic tonight too. Point Book looks like it might work, he set up a lot of good looks tonight.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,267

Post#526 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:07 am

I would've taken the loss after the World Serirs birth, but an opening night win is nice.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#527 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:08 am

My dad asked me why Durant was in the corner on last play when Booked has the ball. Obviously KD had a bad shooting game, but even in playoffs it felt like Booker did most of damage near the end while KD watched. It just doesn’t feel like KD is comfortable in taking over games.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#528 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:10 am

darealjuice wrote:Sloppy win, but we’ll take it for sure. Turnovers and defensive rebounding need to improve.

Got to imagine we won’t have putrid games out of all 3 of KD, EG, and Allen often. Warriors didn’t shoot the ball well either, it’s just opening night.

Okogie was huge. Liked what we saw out of Nurkic tonight too. Point Book looks like it might work, he set up a lot of good looks tonight.

Normally when a team commits 19 TO’s and three players shoot that horribly like KD, Gordon, & Allen did that team usually loses by 15+ and yet Suns managed to win. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#529 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:11 am

We played horrible (KD, Grayson and Gordon were awful) but still pulled out the win. Immediate thought is that Vogel is going with a 9 man rotation and yet we still had a few playable guys not getting any burn even with Beal out. Unless if we're expecting KD to not play in the regular season the biggest priority should be a consolidation trade of a few of our role guys to get an upgrade at the 4 (preferably a physical guy who can shoot and board)

Nurk showed he is extremely vulnerable on switches and we need to accomodate for that in our defensive schemes, but offensively he's far better for us than Ayton ever would be. He's got legitimately bbal IQ whereas Ayton's IQ on offense is NBA2k myplayer level
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#530 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 am

garrick wrote:Book is going to have to carry this team with KD looking like a shell of his former self.

I'm interested in how Beal will work in this offense but the concern for him as usual is can he stay off the injured list and suit up?

It's game 1 bro, KD will be fine I'm pretty sure he's been smoking weed and playing ps5 all summer

Regular season is for Booker and Beal to carry, we only need peak KD for the playoffs
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#531 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:16 am

Brought back Nashty and Cactus! Check out the thread!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#532 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:19 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:Honestly, I haven't really been all that impressed with KD since he got here.I don't think he's had a single "superstar" takeover performance with the Suns so far.He doesn't look unstoppable/able to score with ease anymore.I wouldn't call him '93 Tom Chambers.Maybe '90-'91, tho.

His shot % has been falling off a cliff since arriving. Gotta question his lift right now and he doesn't seem able to absorb defenders physically making those shots uncomfortable.

It hasn't, small sample size but he was pretty much 60%/50% with the Suns last season.

Is KD slowing down? I think so, but he's here to bring in a title not go all out in game 1 of a 82 game grind. We need KD at optimal level for 30 games this season, not 110.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#533 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:23 am

Anyone miss Ayton? I sure didn't
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#534 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:45 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Anyone miss Ayton? I sure didn't

We don’t win tonight’s game with him. Nurk was awesome tonight. Made some good passes, boxed out and got crowded rebounds, sets really good screen. DA is no doubt more talented and athletic than Nurk but I’ll take the guy that plays with fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#535 » by NapoleonII » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 am

KD will play better.

He's been avoiding GS at home for years, finally exorcised that.

This team, even sloppy (and once we get some chemistry / Beal) is looking like a #1 offense and top-10 defense.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#536 » by Bogyo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 am

1st game, first win! :)

KD is definatley slowing down :( Hope Book and Beal make up for it, and KD realizes that and goes more for help D and rebounding. With his bball IQ and lenght he can help there a lot - as seen today with the 11 boards. He never even averaged 8,5 - here is hoping he is flirting with double digits avg this year.
+1 With the trade expections, the Little (and minimum) contracts I hope we can add to this roster... while we are (too?) deep, we might not be talented enough up top.
# waiting for the next chapter
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#537 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:52 am

And I’m definitely not worried about a stinker from KD in one game. Just him being on the floor is enough for the Suns, Booker gets whatever he wants when KD is out there. MVP breakout season is coming for Book and KD is a big reason for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,873

Post#538 » by Qwigglez » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:58 am

Nurkic looked almost invisible in that 2nd half. Gotta admit though I was only half-paying attention while trying to watch the DBacks. I see that he ended up with 5 fouls. At half I think Nurkic had 10 points 12 rebounds? So he put up that clutch 2 points to end the game from a feed from Booker.

Nurkic was a huge difference maker in the first half, so it would have been nice to see him continue dominate the smaller team.

**Okay I actually just looked up the first half stats. Nurkic had no fouls in the 1st half. Picked up 5 in the 2nd half. FT's at half, Suns with 15 vs 6 from the Warriors. 2nd half Suns got 2 FTs and the Warriors got 22.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#539 » by sunsbg » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:58 am

NapoleonII wrote:KD will play better.

This team, even sloppy (and once we get some chemistry / Beal) is looking like a #1 offense and top-10 defense.

Sounds weak from him. Confirms Booker is 1A on this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#540 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:10 am

NapoleonII wrote:KD will play better.

Before the season started I said our team will likely be top 3 in offense and 12-13 defensively. Tonight they limited Warriors to just 104 points on the road which is pretty impressive. But it’s just one game we will see what happens during the season.

Return to Phoenix Suns