ImageImageImage

Would we be better with GH coming off the bench?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#61 » by -SDU- » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:56 am

2 of them were buzzer beaters, one a broken play with the shot clock running down and one a 43 foot attempt on the half time buzzer

the other 2 must have been in the flow of the offense

diaw was still very solid in that game
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#62 » by impulsenine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:48 am

Should'a had Skinner out there for the 43-footer.
ASH
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#63 » by ASH » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:31 am

Start Diaw!!!!!!!!!!

Hill can take the bench to the next level we need & Diaw NEEDS to start because he needs the most options. When he plays with the starters he has those options and better shooters, etc. This gives him more confidence and the results speak for themselves.

Give me a break Mike D...... It's a no brainer!!!! :banghead:
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,335

Post#64 » by TASTIC » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 am

totally agree with those who say he should start...I always assumed at the start of the season and once we signed Hill that Diaw would be the starter at PF, but DA had other ideas. Diaw's a temperamental wee thing, I don't think he has the mentality to be an elite professional b-baller, which is a pity because his skillset is worldly...
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#65 » by guaves13 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:18 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/ar ... 8suns.html

Wow! It looks like MD is actually going to do this. I'm hoping that Boris keeps up the inspired play and GH finds his bench groove while we continue to win.
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#66 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:51 am

Grant Hill went to Dantoni and said that the team and Boris were playing better when Boris was starting, and he told Dantoni not to worry about him. He could come off the bench and contribute. All he wants is to help the team win.

noice cos diaw is awesome with the starters and hill is awesome with anyone
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#67 » by mkot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 am

-SDU- wrote:
Grant Hill went to Dantoni and said that the team and Boris were playing better when Boris was starting, and he told Dantoni not to worry about him. He could come off the bench and contribute. All he wants is to help the team win.

noice cos diaw is awesome with the starters and hill is awesome with anyone

THANK YOU GRANT HILL I LOVE YOU!
ASH
Freshman

Post#68 » by ASH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

Grant Hill Is The "TRUTH"

I can't believe this are we actually going to be able to call Doris 3D again?

I tell you what give me another game or 2 like this and drop down those DAMN turnovers a bit and we just might be there. :bowdown: :D
ASH
Freshman

Post#69 » by ASH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:31 am

Grant Hill Is The "TRUTH"

I can't believe this are we actually going to be able to call Doris 3D again?

I tell you what give me another game or 2 like this and drop down those DAMN turnovers a bit and we just might be there. :bowdown: :D
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#70 » by Mr. Sun » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm

No one has yet to convinced me that it makes any difference in who comes off the bench.
snowchess
Starter

Post#71 » by snowchess » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:No one has yet to convinced me that it makes any difference in who comes off the bench.

what a waste of effort then
guaves13
Veteran

Post#72 » by guaves13 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:No one has yet to convinced me that it makes any difference in who comes off the bench.
Wow! Have you watched any of the games within the last month? It's pretty obvious that Boris looks better as a starter. As a starter this season he is around 11/5/5. As a reserve he is around 7/3/3. His turnovers are also noticably down. That doesn't even show how much more aggressive he is.
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#73 » by Mr. Sun » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:17 pm

guaves13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow! Have you watched any of the games within the last month? It's pretty obvious that Boris looks better as a starter. As a starter this season he is around 11/5/5. As a reserve he is around 7/3/3. His turnovers are also noticably down. That doesn't even show how much more aggressive he is.

I'm not questioning how good Boris has looked lately. I am just questioning whether it makes a whole lot of beans who starts and who doesn't. Who started last night?
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#74 » by impulsenine » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not questioning how good Boris has looked lately. I am just questioning whether it makes a whole lot of beans who starts and who doesn't. Who started last night?

Definitely. Sorta like how, in high school speech class, some people like to go at the beginning and get it over with, and others like to go at the end.
ASH
Freshman

Post#75 » by ASH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 pm

There are many things that factor into why I think Boris needs to start.

The main reasons are basketball IQ and Confidence. Boris is a Point forward who would rather pass the rock than finish. Because of this he needs to have the best players around him. It's almost like he plays off everyone around him and then finds a way to gel but when he is in with the second unit his confidence is down because his options are limited and he can't find his rhythm.

Just a theory......who knows......maybe it don't matter?
guaves13
Veteran

Post#76 » by guaves13 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 pm

So you havn't been watching, is that what you are saying? That would explain why you don't see the noticable change in him since he became a starter.

It's pretty much an accepted fact in the NBA that some guys perform better as starters and some guys look better off the bench.

And by the way Boris started last night. He had 16/9/7. He came out strong and scored about 8 of the Suns first 12 points.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#77 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 pm

^ exactly

not to mention, that playing with nash allows diaw to utilize his post game more and the nash boris pick and roll creates massive mismatches for opponents

boris with the starters >>>> boris on the bench
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#78 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 am

guaves13 wrote:And by the way Boris started last night. He had 16/9/7. He came out strong and scored about 8 of the Suns first 12 points.

Hill never scores points in the early going of any game as a starter? I think you guys are only focusing on minutes and the overall production that comes from minutes.
guaves13
Veteran

Post#79 » by guaves13 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Hill never scores points in the early going of any game as a starter? I think you guys are only focusing on minutes and the overall production that comes from minutes.
Ok how about Boris shooting 41% as a reserve this year and 49% as a starter?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#80 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:39 pm

fact is boris plays better with nash and i think hill is good enough to play with barbosa

plus i think hill has the respect of the bench mob that he can lead them better than diaw

i think our starters and our bench are both improved with diaw starting - wonder who is starting tonight?

Return to Phoenix Suns