Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#821 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:19 am

Djedefre wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Djedefre wrote:
Because all this 'continuity' bullcrap is just delaying the inevitable. Another utter failure that awaits us is going to force things - even if Ishbia stays delusional, guys will ask for trades and start to make ultimatums with preferred destinations and he'll have no cap space to sign a mere ballboy, let alone a 'quality vet piece'. Better to have a guy already in place, to adjust to new surroundings and gain experience.

Either we blow it up and get some newbie coach or we don't blow it up and get Bud.

Clearly we weren't gonna blow it up so your rookie coach made no sense whatsoever

Point is, we WILL blow it up in a year, so this Bud thing could basically be a 1yr rental. I just think that's wasting of both his and our time. He's a solid coach, but not an alchemist. He can not deliver in these circumstances (no one can). So a rookie coach could do pretty much the same (nothing worth mentioning) while adapting and learning for the future. If anyone thinks Bud is going to fix Durant or light the competitive fire in Booker, i can only say i'm terribly sorry.

The same logic was used when hiring Vogel - seasoned coach with PO success, recent NBA champion, you simply cannot bring a newbie to coach all those stars, you need a man of authority so they can buy-in blah blah. Did it actually work? So i'd be a little more cautious when judging that alternate route makes no sense.

You're correct. We WILL blow it up, eventually. If not next year, then the year after, if not then they the one after that. To give up on having this Big 3 together because blowing it up is inevitable (as it is with every team in the league) defeats the entire purpose of going all the way into the 2nd apron and putting that big 3 togther.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#822 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:24 am

Biff wrote:Hilarious that Ishbia thinks a different coach can solve a garbage roster. Is Bud gonna play point? Ishbia got a min contract guy he thinks can move the needle? Maybe trade Beal for Ben Simmons? lol

That wasn't the point. If the roster is largely fixed, the best way to maximise it is to use it in a different way.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#823 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:26 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

So maybe it wasn’t Vogel that had the fetish for Eubanks and rather it was Ishbia?

Low key, Eubanks has some resemblances to Ishbia.

More likely Eubanks probably isn't going to get much more elsewhere so he's just accepting his player option which we have no control over. Sounds like PR talk to me
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,179

Post#824 » by garrick » Sun May 12, 2024 2:54 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

So maybe it wasn’t Vogel that had the fetish for Eubanks and rather it was Ishbia?

Low key, Eubanks has some resemblances to Ishbia.

More likely Eubanks probably isn't going to get much more elsewhere so he's just accepting his player option which we have no control over. Sounds like PR talk to me

He's fine as a third string center that can do spot minutes at the center spot but nothing more.

Our mistake was expecting him to be a starting level center for us.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#825 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 12, 2024 3:03 am

Bud will at least get the most out of whatever roster Jones gives him. Miss him in Milwaukee.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#826 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 12, 2024 3:33 am

That guy stole my Jrue/Horford for Beal trade. :wink:

Here's another, if Durant is pouting to goto Miami... And Riley ia ready to move on from Butler...

Jimmy/Jaime Jaquez for KD?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,890

Post#827 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 4:06 am

TeamTragic wrote:Ishbis will use Eubanks as a trade asset. No point in letting him walk for nothing.

I have no hate for Eubanks even though he really couldn't get things done! He was never supposed to be anything aside from a 3rd rotation big option. And was not utilized correctly anyway as he's best in a fast break open court offense that would've better utilized his mobility and athleticism. He's a garbage-time player put in a role too impactful for the range of his limited abilities. Having said all that, Tragic is absolutely on point that Eubanks is only getting brought back as a minor trade asset and maybe a last-option injury insurance big because their asinine vet min bench-building plan offers very few options at the center spot currently.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#828 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 4:10 am

sunsbum wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Revived wrote:I’m probably in the minority but I’d take Holliday over Beal tbh. He’s less injury prone (and that’s crazy cause Holliday isn’t durable himself) and Holliday even at age 38 will probably still be a top 5 defender in the NBA.

I’ve seen him put clamps on the young 20-year-old kids in the league now without breaking a sweat. I don’t think that will change in a few years.

Not sure I want Horford though.

If people really want the next Jrue Holiday, look at Jimmy Clark 3rd ( Duquesne).
https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-ultimate-ncaa-tournament-prospect
https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-ultimate-ncaa-tournament-prospect

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5QsdWSYqL6s?feature=share :wink:
pfh.. 7th grader.

:lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#829 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing how all other teams value the Suns first rd picks more than our own idiotic owner Ishbia and GM (Jones) does.

That's because the rest of the NBA isn't being delusional about the construction of our roster and lack of assets also being a critical mistake towards being able to add depth and impact players. And they all understand that KD won't have patience in his final years to wait for Ishbia and will likely demand a trade, then whether Ishbia wants it or not, he'll have to trade KD, and then Booker will soon follow.

All Ishbia and Jones have really accomplished is completely dismantling our future while treating this franchise like a 2K basketball game! Those picks will very likely be high lottery while other teams collect on our severe misfortune, and all we can do is sit at home and watch those teams get exciting young stars! :-?

But no worries because Ishbia will quickly schedule another Ra Ra delusional pep rally press conference to assure everybody that we're very close and 26 other teams would love to be in our position! :lol: :clown: :lol: :clown: :lol: :clown: :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#830 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 am

sunsbum wrote:Honestly the only thing I have a glimmer ofhope for is drafting kolek. It’s my Steve Nash/Gotan Dragic hopium kicking in.

Unfortunately, Ishbia is probably getting all tingly just thinking about trading that pick for some bottom-tier vet min option as Jones whispers sweet nothings in his ear while stroking his.............................................. ego? :o

To get Ishbia to even consider using our pick, we'll have to outsmart him by using his delusional ego against him and tell him something like...............................Everyone's hearing that Dan Gilbert (his nemesis) really, really covets Kolek! That way he'll draft him just to try and "one-up" Gilbert in their pissing contest. :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#831 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 am

https://wisportsheroics.com/milwaukee-bucks-news-brook-lopez-trade/

Milwaukee Bucks: 1 Key Starter Immediately Named in Trade Speculation After Mike Budenholzer Hired by Phoenix Suns

Robin M Adams
By Robin M Adams
May 11, 2024

How Would a Trade Between the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns Work?

According to Spotrac, Lopez has a salary cap hit of $23 million next season. Therefore, Milwaukee would need to take back $23 million worth of salary from the Suns in a potential trade.

Jusuf Nurkic has a salary cap hit of $18.1 million next season, so he could be a potential piece in a trade, but the Suns would need to include more players to make up for the difference in salary. They would have to fill the trade with a combination of their lowest-paid players, such as David Roddy, Damion Lee, or Drew Eubanks.

LOL! I think these guys are forgetting one key detail of this premise! that as a 2nd apron team, the Suns CAN'T AGGREGATE SALARIES!!! . So really, there's just no way to do this trade outside of trading one of our big three to Milwaukee and then getting back Lopez and fillers! But again, we can't combine contracts in trade under our current conditions! :banghead:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#832 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 am

Read on Twitter
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#833 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun May 12, 2024 6:11 am

Six posts in a row for GOK must be realgm genius world record. :o
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,179

Post#834 » by garrick » Sun May 12, 2024 6:42 am

If Ishbia is serious about winning he should try to buy some 2nd round picks since we barely have any of our 2nds going forward.

Seriously though I hope the bottom falls out on these mortgage companies and he is forced to sell the team to a serious owner, his wealth is tied to the stock price of UWM which might explain why he only sees things in a 2 year window.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,994

Post#835 » by Saberestar » Sun May 12, 2024 6:53 am

Read on Twitter

Great. A total different staff.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,040

Post#836 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great. A total different staff.

That is great news!
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 667

Post#837 » by Sunlight » Sun May 12, 2024 9:35 am

Bogyo wrote:
Sunlight wrote:If this blow out scenario happens next summer, the Suns will get at least two first round picks (KD+Book) less than now.
A big difference for the future.

Fully agreed. If I were calling the shots I'd "slit the throat" of Booker and KD as we speak, and bring back a handful of good players and picks. But with this "gm" and owner that will never happen, so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

KD to Atl for Murray, Hunter, and Johnson and the 10th pick this year, Booker to Toronto for Poetl, Boucher, Dick and 4 picks, one of them number 6 this year. Good riddance mitches. Murray/Beal/Hunter/Johnson/Poetl - Kolek/Allen/Dick/Boucher/Nurk. You could still have Little and O'neale and Bol, and this years 6th and 10th pick to make moves - or just keep and develop the drafted players (Sheppard+Holland?). This somewhat sucky roster with Bud could have similar results than we will have with the stuck up primadonnas who will not change an inch to achieve better result. Not for Vogel, not for Bud, not for godalmighty himself.
But this will never happen, becouse Ishbia wouldn't allow it, and JJ couldnt pull it off - even though its not much to be honest - but at least somewhat realistic as it passes in the trade machine, and we are not getting back too valuable stuff for the old snake and the young(er) flegmatic wannabekobe clown who got destroyed in multiple playoffs by younger players already.

So you are right, we are pissing away the future - for a very disgusting, vomitory present.

Pretending to be a poor man's Lakers and thereby seeking approval/attention from others makes me feel bad (not really). Identity is completely lost.
I remember the Chicago Bears from the recent past when the fan cult of one player (Fields) was preventing the possible success of the team. Luckily there new GM kept his head and thought otherwise.
Of course, the NBA has a smaller circle of players and the impact of one player is bigger, but Booker has already shown his ability and the tiger's eye is not found in his game, which prevents real success, especially when he will soon be a super max player.
At this point, you should get the best possible return from both KD and Booker. The fact that Bud is a local guy is not enough to win the first round next year, not necessarily even a game. Living on an emotional level must end. Ishbia's way of pissing off fans is not the solution. Should admit his cardinal mistake and make the changes.
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 504

Post#838 » by JDJ26 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:45 pm

There is only one player the Suns can trade Beal for this offseason. :wink:

Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#839 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 12, 2024 5:07 pm

JDJ26 wrote:There is only one player the Suns can trade Beal for this offseason. :wink:

Spoiler:

LOL! Good one! :lol:
Seriously though, as much as the idea may make people nauseous, IF people can look at things with an open mind and focus on the bigger picture, Simmons (worst case scenario) represents at least two things:

1- A legitimate mechanism to get out from under Beal's escalating albatross contract and no-trade clause! as he'd be a $40 million expiring contract this next season. So more or less it'd be like hitting the reset button on Beal and his cap-killing salary. And IF KD asks out, and demands a trade, the cap further reduction could end up being exponential in a pivot move to add more legitimate depth and assets while actually getting back under the 2nd apron and opening up other options that we previously lost as a 2nd apron team.

2- A legitimate high-value trade chip for this next season for any team that'll be looking to get significant cap reduction and maybe pivot in other directions utilizing the acquired cap space. Now to be clear here, I'm not claiming Simmons would be considered a high value trade chip because of anything at all on court related because obviously he won't! HOWEVER, considering how severe the new CBA and it's corresponding penalties are/will be, there WILL BE a number of other teams with luxury tax concerns or exorbitant
payrolls and that are stuck at least somewhat, AND WOULD look at Soimmons 40 million expiring as a means of resetting things and creating cap flexibility for roster changes, etc.

Under those conditions, We could swap Simmons expiring for a number of players those teams might be looking to offload and use them as depth options for our bench! Alternatively, there are also teams that realize (as constructed) they just aren't legitimate contenders! And now, they're looking to offload multiyear contracts and bottom out for the loaded 25' lottery!!! Again, we can logically swap Simmons expiring salary for some of those players that they are looking to offload??

Now I'm not gonna say that I personally think Brooklyn and Simmons is the only option in a trade for Beal, but definitely one possibility to consider. I think there could be legit interest from any of The Flakers,Warriors, Heat, Nets, Pistons, Jazz, Maybe the rockets?? :D

** Only problem is again the "no trade clause" limiting those options he'd approve to maybe The Flakers, Warriors, Heat, Nets, and maybe the Jazz??? :dontknow:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,040

Post#840 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 12, 2024 5:12 pm

Return to Phoenix Suns