ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Re: Booker OFFICIALLY Signs Extension with Suns 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:54 am

denial wrote:I never post on the GB. But I just did. And I feel like an idiot with my "Suns win SL.." signature. Like, someone should definitely make fun of the fact that I am excited about winning SL. When I just post on the Suns board and ppl know me a little better, I don't feel so dumb. But Im not changing it! I'll enjoy the little victories.

Funny because I had just noticed your sig and thought people on the GB would make big fun of that. Might be better to add...."baby steps"

Most people would point not only to it not being meaningful but most of the other teams are resting players.

I am glad Koko wants everyone to play, saying "they are here to play and not on vacation" and that guys want to play.
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#42 » by denial » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:I never post on the GB. But I just did. And I feel like an idiot with my "Suns win SL.." signature. Like, someone should definitely make fun of the fact that I am excited about winning SL. When I just post on the Suns board and ppl know me a little better, I don't feel so dumb. But Im not changing it! I'll enjoy the little victories.

Funny because I had just noticed your sig and thought people on the GB would make big fun of that. Might be better to add...."baby steps"

Most people would point not only to it not being meaningful but most of the other teams are resting players.

I am glad Koko wants everyone to play, saying "they are here to play and not on vacation" and that guys want to play.

haha Im trying hard to have thick enough skin to not worry about it, but I'm definitely tempted to heed your suggestion. At the end of the day though, I'm right about Booker. So, I shouldn't feel as insecure as I do about it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 am

denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

haha Im trying hard to have thick enough skin to not worry about it, but I'm definitely tempted to heed your suggestion. At the end of the day though, I'm right about Booker. So, I shouldn't feel as insecure as I do about it.

You shouldn't feel insecure. There's just a chance that people will start poking fun and posting stuff like "Suns fans brag about winning summer league...that's how bad things are for them..."...but maybe not....either someone grabs it and runs with it and others chime in or no one notices. As long as no one lets posts like that bother them, no big deal...but maybe not "baby steps"...but "the beginning of many great things to come" or something would deter stuff like that..but ultimately who really cares if people make fun...hopefully we will be getting the last laugh.
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by denial » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

You shouldn't feel insecure. There's just a chance that people will start poking fun and posting stuff like "Suns fans brag about winning summer league...that's how bad things are for them..."...but maybe not....either someone grabs it and runs with it and others chime in or no one notices. As long as no one lets posts like that bother them, no big deal...but maybe not "baby steps"...but "the beginning of many great things to come" or something would deter stuff like that..but ultimately who really cares if people make fun...hopefully we will be getting the last laugh.

With the risk of making all Suns fans look stupid, I started to change my sig. But then I considered this: "Suns fans brag about winning summer league...that's how bad things are for them..." That is 100% accurate! That *is* how bad things have had gotten for us and that is exactly why I am excited. And anyone who hates on that, just doesn't like to see people happy. I'm good.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#45 » by NTB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 am

denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:

With the risk of making all Suns fans look stupid, I started to change my sig. But then I considered this: "Suns fans brag about winning summer league...that's how bad things are for them..." That is 100% accurate! That *is* how bad things have had gotten for us and that is exactly why I am excited. And anyone who hates on that, just doesn't like to see people happy. I'm good.

No problem. Go for it.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:36 am

denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:

True...though it doesn't appear any or at least many other teams are even trying to win, so it could be seen as a mockery, but anyway, I agree...things have gotten bad enough for us that we will be excited to win it.

But you can always work with that...if you have fans of teams who have won a bunch of championships you just say..."were you there for the first one like I will be or just jump on later and talk about all those past titles?"
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by denial » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

True...though it doesn't appear any or at least many other teams are even trying to win, so it could be seen as a mockery, but anyway, I agree...things have gotten bad enough for us that we will be excited to win it.

But you can always work with that...if you have fans of teams who have won a bunch of championships you just say..."were you there for the first one like I will be or just jump on later and talk about all those past titles?"

haha or I could go with the sure-to-frustrate, "sure, your team wasn't 'trying' to win. That's what kids used to tell me right after I got done mopping the floor with them."
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#48 » by NTB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:10 am

Read on Twitter
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#49 » by NTB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#50 » by NTB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 am

denial
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by denial » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 am

NTB wrote:

Reporter: what do you think about defenses collapsing on Deandre with so much focus?
Booker: "They wont be able to do that with me on the floor."

:D
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#52 » by bigfoot » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 am

NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#53 » by ATTL » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 am

Devin is huge
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 am

ATTL wrote:

Devin is huge

Well we got Mexico...or likely a decent chunk of it.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#55 » by NTB » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 am

Read on Twitter
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#56 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:15 am

This is the game Sarver mentions in the previous video.

NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#57 » by NTB » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am

jcsunsfan wrote:This is the game Sarver mentions in the previous video.

Yea that's the game Booker shouted "This is my house".
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#58 » by Rocketsbaby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 am

Lol, I for one, think thats a great signature.

My school won one of those **** little tournaments in men's college bball... you know like the old spice classic or something.. and someone photoshopped a picture of that banner in between our conference titles/national titles... it made me laugh for well over a decade
DeAndre Ayton
Freshman
And1: 94

Post#59 » by DeAndre Ayton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#60 » by NTB » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Read on Twitter