ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - draft lotto p64, need new manager p63

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season (desertfox check in) 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:09 am

bigfoot wrote:One thing to consider in regards to tanking is the propensity of teams to rest players the last 10 games of the season. Considering most dynasty players are starters, the likelihood of missing out on games at seasons end is high. It’s hard to let go of decent players at the tail end of a season just to pickup a scrub starter in order to meet a games-played quota

This probably only relates to a handful of young teams with maybe 1 or 2 players, and few have stars they would sit. I don't even think SGA would sit. It might impact tops like 1 or possibly 2 players on a team.

And typically when this happens they are listed with some minor injury and can be moved to IR or IR+

And even if a team drops into the worst 4 because of benching, or even injuries for that matter, and otherwise would have finishes in the second lowest tier, then it only makes sense they would drop a tier in the draft because their team is better than it looks and they only dropped because of stuff like that.

We just need people to be active. You can also strategize and get ahead in games outside of some utility spots. Not way ahead but maybe slightly ahead in the specific positional categories and maybe stay right on pace with utility, F and G, so if this happens you have planned for it. It's probably good to get ahead in some categories anyway and leave a few open so you can play your superstars if you have 2-4 of them down the stretch.

I know you haven't played many years, but you can plan for this and many teams do by getting ahead in games at several positions.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#42 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:24 am

Saved it on yahoo but just in case my keepers are

Embiid
Giannis
McCollum
Draymond
PJ Washington
Brogdon
DeAndre Hunter

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#43 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:47 pm

Have we figured out when we're going to do the draft?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#44 » by sunskerr » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:11 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Have we figured out when we're going to do the draft?

Just waiting on desertfox really
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 852

Post#45 » by Desertfox » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:11 am

Sorry guys, was on a two week vacation out of the country. I'm back and I'm in
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#46 » by sunskerr » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:56 am

Desertfox wrote:Sorry guys, was on a two week vacation out of the country. I'm back and I'm in

No problem champ! plenty of time, and all 16 managers have returned, which is always great. Expect lottery results this friday or sat, and there will be a few teams moving down draft tiers due to lack of games played.

edit: alright, after some discussion with the vice commish, WeekapaugGroove and bwgood are moving down a draft tier each for their lack of games played. dmastro (dbook in ur mouth) goes to tier 1, and wordsenuff goes up to tier 2.

edit: lotto results up!
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,253

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season (draft lotto results on page 1) 

Post#47 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Oct 1, 2022 3:19 pm

Good to know I'll get one of the 3 guys I want from this draft
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#48 » by sunskerr » Sat Oct 1, 2022 7:48 pm

Looks like I'll be keeping 8 this year. Being in the 2nd tier I needed the 5th pick to have a chance at the player I wanted but it didn't work out. Dmastro going from tier 2 to tier 1 and getting the 2nd pick is pretty wild. This years top 5 is pretty crazy so adding a top 2 pick to Luka is great for him.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,275

Post#49 » by Slim Charless » Sat Oct 1, 2022 7:57 pm

Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris and Vuc are all available for the right price. LMK
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season (lotto results p1, keeper deadline 10/9) 

Post#50 » by Qwigglez » Sun Oct 2, 2022 1:08 am

Set my keepers. Was a tough one deciding on my last keeper though. Hopefully I made the correct decision on choosing Jalen Smith over Mo Bamba. I just feel Bamba won't see the kind of playing time he did last season with Isaac, Banchero, WCJ, and Okeke around. And looking at the Pacers roster, Jalen Smith will have ample playing time and plenty of opportunities, especially with Haliburton feeding him too. Just hoping he can get some steals and assists to be a more well-rounded player.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 852

Post#51 » by Desertfox » Sun Oct 2, 2022 2:12 am

Other than Tatum I am open to listening to offers on any of my players. I'll likely keep 8 and forfeit the last pick in the first round.
Terovibe
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#52 » by Terovibe » Sun Oct 2, 2022 5:44 pm

Desertfox wrote:Other than Tatum I am open to listening to offers on any of my players. I'll likely keep 8 and forfeit the last pick in the first round.

I think you traded your 1st pick for cp3 and lebron last year :D
Also, how is it possible, to lose complety in lottery. From 1-4 i took the 4th, and from Deserfox's pick i got the 16th. I traded cp3 and lebron for the 16tth pick. :banghead:
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#53 » by sunskerr » Sun Oct 2, 2022 7:17 pm

Terovibe wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Other than Tatum I am open to listening to offers on any of my players. I'll likely keep 8 and forfeit the last pick in the first round.

Also, how is it possible, to lose complety in lottery. From 1-4 i took the 4th, and from Deserfox's pick i got the 16th. I traded cp3 and lebron for the 16tth pick. :banghead:

Correct, you cannot keep 8 if you trade your 1st round pick. An unfortunate side effect of the 7 +1st or 8 rule we added before I was commish. Not that I'm blaming the previous commish for it, but the consequences have been kinda harmful in terms of trade negotiations.

I've wanted to do away with it since last year, but that being said we won't be able to do anything this immediate coming draft, unless like almost all of us agree on it.

I kind of want to go back to 8 keepers... AND expand the draft by 1 round to account for the deepening talent pool in the NBA. That would let teams select an additional prospect, and some of these guys like Okongwu wouldn't hitting the FA pool as often as they are. Gives those prospect players some more value to rebuilding teams.

Lmk what you guys think. If we can get enough interest in that I'd be willing to put it up for a vote.

Also Qwigglez team is looking insane.

P.S. I cried inside for you Terovibe when I did the draft lottery. Was rooting for you to get a top 2 pick but the exact opposite happened :lol:
MrMiyagi

Post#54 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Oct 2, 2022 8:04 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Terovibe wrote:

Correct, you cannot keep 8 if you trade your 1st round pick. An unfortunate side effect of the 7 +1st or 8 rule we added before I was commish. Not that I'm blaming the previous commish for it, but the consequences have been kinda harmful in terms of trade negotiations.

I've wanted to do away with it since last year, but that being said we won't be able to do anything this immediate coming draft, unless like almost all of us agree on it.

I kind of want to go back to 8 keepers... AND expand the draft by 1 round to account for the deepening talent pool in the NBA. That would let teams select an additional prospect, and some of these guys like Okongwu wouldn't hitting the FA pool as often as they are. Gives those prospect players some more value to rebuilding teams.

Lmk what you guys think. If we can get enough interest in that I'd be willing to put it up for a vote.

P.S. I cried inside for you Terovibe when I did the draft lottery. Was rooting for you to get a top 2 pick but the exact opposite happened :lol:

I think the 7 vs 8 keeper thing was a cool idea at the time, but I think given the amount of owner turnover, it's become a bit muddled. I'd be down for just making the keeper amount consistent. I'd also be down for expanding the draft.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:21 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Terovibe wrote:

Well Terovibe, to be honest, you should have moved down a tier for games played anyway. I moved down and I played more games than you. But you took over such a bad team we left you in tier 1, especially since sunskerr would have moved up.

AND, the top 4 in the draft is MUCH better than the next tier.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:25 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
Terovibe wrote:I think you traded your 1st pick for cp3 and lebron last year :D

I think the 7 vs 8 keeper thing was a cool idea at the time, but I think given the amount of owner turnover, it's become a bit muddled. I'd be down for just making the keeper amount consistent. I'd also be down for expanding the draft.

I don't know..if you have a super deep team I think it's good to have to drop a good player or two into the talent pool if you want your pick. It was kind of tough for me because I had 6 for sure keepers but 3 others that could go either way.

Having 8 keepers for everyone in a 16 team league is a lot and really thins out the talent pool and almost makes it even more like the real nba...the same teams at the top every year. The weird thing is the argument a year or two ago was having fewer keepers. A number of people didn't want to keep it that high.
MrMiyagi

Post#57 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I don't know..if you have a super deep team I think it's good to have to drop a good player or two into the talent pool if you want your pick. It was kind of tough for me because I had 6 for sure keepers but 3 others that could go either way.

Having 8 keepers for everyone in a 16 team league is a lot and really thins out the talent pool and almost makes it even more like the real nba...the same teams at the top every year. The weird thing is the argument a year or two ago was having fewer keepers. A number of people didn't want to keep it that high.

I don't really care about the total number of keepers, but I think it would be better to just keep the number consistent without the ability to opt for more by sacrificing picks.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,275

Post#58 » by Slim Charless » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
Terovibe wrote:I think you traded your 1st pick for cp3 and lebron last year :D

Well Terovibe, to be honest, you should have moved down a tier for games played anyway. I moved down and I played more games than you. But you took over such a bad team we left you in tier 1, especially since sunskerr would have moved up.

I'm personally really interested in who takes Chet as he's basically a punt on the year and the top 2 teams can compete I think this year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:36 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I think the 7 vs 8 keeper thing was a cool idea at the time, but I think given the amount of owner turnover, it's become a bit muddled. I'd be down for just making the keeper amount consistent. I'd also be down for expanding the draft.

I don't really care about the total number of keepers, but I think it would be better to just keep the number consistent without the ability to opt for more by sacrificing picks.

I think as long as some go one way and some go another way it works out well. I am going to end up somewhat gambling because I'm not sure with my 1st round pick I will get as good of player as 2 that I am dropping or if they will be there when I pick, so it makes it interesting.
MrMiyagi

Post#60 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:42 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I'm personally really interested in who takes Chet as he's basically a punt on the year and the top 2 teams can compete I think this year.

:eyebrows:

Return to Phoenix Suns