ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - draft lotto p64, need new manager p63

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Re: 2022-23 Dynasty Season (lotto results p1, keeper deadline 10/9) 

Post#61 » by Qwigglez » Mon Oct 3, 2022 1:00 am

I like the 7 keepers thing personally. Like Bdub mentioned, 8 really muddles the talent pool.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#62 » by Golanator » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:48 am

Keeping these 7. Open to any trade offers.

Tyrese Haliburton IND - PG,SG
Damian Lillard POR - PG
Rudy Gobert MIN - C
Mikal Bridges PHX - SG,SF
Tyler Herro MIA - PG,SG
Buddy Hield IND - SG,SF
Herbert Jones NOP - SF,PF
Terovibe
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#63 » by Terovibe » Mon Oct 3, 2022 5:56 am

Jerami Grant POR - SF,PF
Clint Capela ATL - C
Devin Vassell SAS - PG,SG,SF
Kyle Kuzma WAS - SF,PF
Jamal Murray DEN - PG,SG
Chris Duarte IND - SG,SF,PF
Jalen Suggs ORL - PG,SG

Keepers.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 854

Post#64 » by Desertfox » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:27 pm

Terovibe wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Other than Tatum I am open to listening to offers on any of my players. I'll likely keep 8 and forfeit the last pick in the first round.

I think you traded your 1st pick for cp3 and lebron last year :D
Also, how is it possible, to lose complety in lottery. From 1-4 i took the 4th, and from Deserfox's pick i got the 16th. I traded cp3 and lebron for the 16tth pick. :banghead:

Woops, I forgot about the picks in that trade. Well anyone interested in Jalen Brunson? He's available for picks.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#65 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:11 am

Desertfox and I have agreed to a trade: Jalen Brunson for my 2nd Round Pick.

Let us know if there is any roster trickery in order to make this trade work given Brunson not being one of Desertfox's keepers.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#66 » by Golanator » Tue Oct 4, 2022 5:30 am

My turrible ass trade of Jokic haunts me, lol. Jokic + Smart (meh) for Gobert and Westbrook. Of course, he was a very good player when I had him averaging 20/10/7, but he turned into his MVP 26/11/8 the next year.

This was/is my first dynasty league and I went "all in" that year trying to win a chip. Well, I finished 2nd and now I don't have Jokic. Dammit.

I flipped Westbrook for Mikal (and Dillon Brooks but not keeping him) last year. So now it's basically Jokic for Rudy Gobert and Mikal Bridges. At least we're not playing for money.

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#67 » by Qwigglez » Tue Oct 4, 2022 8:23 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Desertfox and I have agreed to a trade: Jalen Brunson for my 2nd Round Pick.

Let us know if there is any roster trickery in order to make this trade work given Brunson not being one of Desertfox's keepers.

I feel he has to trade his fourth pick and you have to give up a scrub? Could be wrong though.

Also, will you make Jalen Brunson your 8th keeper? Because if then, I believe you have to give up your first round pick then unless you are giving up one of your 7 keepers.
MrMiyagi

Post#68 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Oct 4, 2022 12:39 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Desertfox and I have agreed to a trade: Jalen Brunson for my 2nd Round Pick.

I feel he has to trade his fourth pick and you have to give up a scrub? Could be wrong though.

Also, will you make Jalen Brunson your 8th keeper? Because if then, I believe you have to give up your first round pick then unless you are giving up one of your 7 keepers.
I think you're right. I'd be giving up one of my 7 keepers.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by Desertfox » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:29 pm

Golanator wrote:My turrible ass trade of Jokic haunts me, lol. Jokic + Smart (meh) for Gobert and Westbrook. Of course, he was a very good player when I had him averaging 20/10/7, but he turned into his MVP 26/11/8 the next year.

This was/is my first dynasty league and I went "all in" that year trying to win a chip. Well, I finished 2nd and now I don't have Jokic. Dammit.

I flipped Westbrook for Mikal (and Dillon Brooks but not keeping him) last year. So now it's basically Jokic for Rudy Gobert and Mikal Bridges. At least we're not playing for money.

Funny story, I pulled a JJ and didnt read a trade proposal well enough and ended up trading SGA for Anthony Davis.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,427

Post#70 » by sunskerr » Tue Oct 4, 2022 6:01 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

I think you're right. I'd be giving up one of my 7 keepers.

All players on your roster (even non keepers) are considered rostered until the FA draft because we don't set our keeper deadline at the end of the season. You can either:

-trade one of your 7 keepers (which Desertfox can then elect not to keep so he gets down to 7) and your second rounder for Brunson and one of DesertFox's later picks (he still has his 5th rounder, and my 4th rounder) - this automatically gets you down to 7, but puts DesertFox back in his original predicament of an 8th he cannot keep (though he does get a 2nd rounder) and he'd have to find another player to drop.

OR

-trade one of your non keepers who will hit FA with a 2nd round pick for Jalen Brunson and DesertFox's 5th (or 4th via me). This would mean you (Miyagi) have 8 candidates for keeping and will need to identify a player to lose in FA if you want to keep your 1st round 3rd pick.

Either way you get your guy Brunson and will have 7 keepers whilst Fox gets his 2nd rounder. Just depends on what you guys agree to.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,626

Post#71 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 7:12 pm

Golanator wrote:My turrible ass trade of Jokic haunts me, lol. Jokic + Smart (meh) for Gobert and Westbrook. Of course, he was a very good player when I had him averaging 20/10/7, but he turned into his MVP 26/11/8 the next year.

Thanks. If I didn't have Jokic my team would be really bad, and I was hesitant on Westbrook once he went to Houston, yet I remember he played far better than I expected there stat wise, so I wasn't sure, but obviously since then they have gone in different directions.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#72 » by Qwigglez » Tue Oct 4, 2022 10:40 pm

Desertfox wrote:

Funny story, I pulled a JJ and didnt read a trade proposal well enough and ended up trading SGA for Anthony Davis.

What do you mean you didn't read the trade proposal well enough :lol:
You got a win now move with AD and Bojan and I got SGA and Joe Harris.

I did trade SGA for Kyrie and Fox and a 2nd round pick, mostly because I lacked depth on my keepers lists, plus I'm deathly scared of SGA being injury prone. I would have loved to keep him though, especially with Evan Mobley.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#73 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 12:51 am

My keepers are:

Jokic
Dejounte Murray
Middleton
Bane
Smart
Saddiq Bey
Brook Lopez
Desertfox
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by Desertfox » Wed Oct 5, 2022 3:22 am

Qwigglez wrote:What do you mean you didn't read the trade proposal well enough :lol:
You got a win now move with AD and Bojan and I got SGA and Joe Harris.

I did trade SGA for Kyrie and Fox and a 2nd round pick, mostly because I lacked depth on my keepers lists, plus I'm deathly scared of SGA being injury prone. I would have loved to keep him though, especially with Evan Mobley.

I only saw Harris and AD, was a bit confused since it seemed too good to be true, and then made it without checking... Had I actually read it I would have asked for more coming back. When I realized it, I didn't mind too much since SGA was on IR and I did need a C/PF. Only for SGA to come back and AD to get injured right after...Didn't matter at the end, but I would rather have SGA than AD.

Ironically I traded Fox away as my first ever trade which was also quite dumb. Turning into JJ here bumbling my way into championships... and trading away first round picks and developmental players.
MrMiyagi

Post#75 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Oct 5, 2022 6:18 am

We've Updated the trade. Officially it is Jalen Brunson and a 5th rounder (80th Overall) for my 2nd rounder (19th overall) and Kevin Huerter

My keepers are:
Zion Williamson
Jalen Green
Tyrese Maxey
Wendell Carter Jr.
James Wiseman
Jalen Brunson
Cole Anthony
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#76 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 6:42 am

For some reason, yahoo is not giving me the option to change my keepers.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,279

Post#77 » by Slim Charless » Wed Oct 5, 2022 9:04 am

Did we pick a draft day yet?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#78 » by Qwigglez » Wed Oct 5, 2022 1:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:For some reason, yahoo is not giving me the option to change my keepers.

You should be able to go to the Choose Keepers tab underneath My Team when you are on the main page of our league.

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/34546

If you click on your team through the standings however it won't give you access to the Choose Keepers, so it's a bit strange how to navigate around it. Not sure if this is the issue you are having or not, but I certainly was struggling to find the Keepers area too.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#79 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 5, 2022 2:12 pm

I like the 7/8 keeper thing. Makes for an interesting strategy decision. I'd vote to keep it that way.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 557

Post#80 » by wheezy » Wed Oct 5, 2022 3:10 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Did we pick a draft day yet?

Once everyone has their keepers set I can get the ball rolling I'm assuming. I think officially its Oct 9.

Return to Phoenix Suns