ImageImageImage

KD to the Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunstrooper
Sophomore
And1: 94

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#21 » by sunstrooper » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:51 am

I am truly heartbroken and on the verge of giving up on this team for the first time since I became a fan in '92.
The biggest strength of this team was the chemistry, the joy from playing basketball and the joy from playing with each other and Mikal and Cam were the core guys who brought this attitude and chemistry. An they were traded for what?!?! For a guy, who I actually like, but who is hurt 80% of the time in TJ, and *** KD - a former "star", now a whining diva who cares only for himself (who btw also spends more time in street clothes than on the court). I give it a month before everyone on the team starts caring only for himself and his stats and we will see an epic fail in the playoffs.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,240

Post#22 » by Darthlukey » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:54 am

sunstrooper wrote:I am truly heartbroken and on the verge of giving up on this team for the first time since I became a fan in '92.
The biggest strength of this team was the chemistry, the joy from playing basketball and the joy from playing with each other and Mikal and Cam were the core guys who brought this attitude and chemistry. An they were traded for what?!?! For a guy, who I actually like, but who is hurt 80% of the time in TJ, and *** KD - a former "star", now a whining diva who cares only for himself (who btw also spends more time in street clothes than on the court). I give it a month before everyone on the team starts caring only for himself and his stats and we will see an epic fail in the playoffs.

You guys absolutely got better for this season. But management did trade away pretty much the only likeable players that were on the team
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,634

Post#23 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:31 am

sashaturiaf wrote:I'm happy for KD he finally is with a stable organisation and hopefully competent ownership.

How will the lineup look after this

Ayton
KD
Wainwright?
Booker
CP3

I think more moves need to follow, Suns should be all in on the buyout market

The Warriors build the right way by drafting Dray, Steph & Curry then adding a few vet pieces to win a title. Suns didn’t need to lose Cam & Bridges they could have go rid of Crowder, Saric, few others and see what happens. But I guess once Mavs got Kyrie the Suns knew their chances dwindled in beating the Mavs so they threw a great package in receiving an aging superstar.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#24 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:36 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:I'm happy for KD he finally is with a stable organisation and hopefully competent ownership.

Ayton
KD
Wainwright?
Booker
CP3

The Warriors build the right way by drafting Dray, Steph & Curry then adding a few vet pieces to win a title. Suns didn’t need to lose Cam & Bridges they could have go rid of Crowder, Saric, few others and see what happens. But I guess once Mavs got Kyrie the Suns knew their chances dwindled in beating the Mavs so they threw a great package in receiving an aging superstar.

I wouldn't worry about the aging part, after all an aging CP3 revitalised the Suns.

KD is also a whole foot taller than CP, so he'll be balling out for years to go yet. Prior to injury this season KD having his most efficient shooting season while playing lockdown D.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,710

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:36 am

Good luck you guys. I'm very happy with what we received for KD.

KD is a great player. But that's all that i can really say about him. If you guys win a title I'll be happy for you, the fans of the Phoenix Suns. That's all i will say.

Thanks again. I'll be happy rooting for our new young team.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:39 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's a star driven league and KD is one of the all time greats. Going to be fun watching him. You need the best player on the floor to win a championship. This is the ultimate championship or bust move. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

The Pistons and Mavs beg to differ....is Tatum that much better than Book? SA/MIA swapped championships.

Anyway, if healthy, yes, we have a better chance now. Still a ton of teams in the mix. Luka/Kyrie is still a dynamic duo as is AD/LeBron with their new guys and George/Kawhi and that isn't even counting DEN, MEM and the Pelicans when Zion is back.

Even if we are he favorites, it's no better than say a 25% chance. Before the trade today the Celtics were the favorites at 26% chance.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,143

Post#27 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:41 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Good luck you guys. I'm very happy with what we received for KD.

KD is a great player. But that's all that i can really say about him. If you guys win a title I'll be happy for you, the fans of the Phoenix Suns. That's all i will say.

I love Mikal and Cam so much ill be rooting for the the nets too. Hope it works out for everyone involved. :D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:44 am

Darthlukey wrote:
sunstrooper wrote:I am truly heartbroken and on the verge of giving up on this team for the first time since I became a fan in '92.

You guys absolutely got better for this season. But management did trade away pretty much the only likeable players that were on the team

Yeah, that's the killer. I like our players though but I really liked Mikal and Cam and have never been a KD fan post OKC. I am one of the few people because I watch basketball for entertainment who would take 10 years of fun competitive basketball to 1 championship and 5-7 years of being mediocre to bad. Because I like to sit down and enjoy a game and too often with the Suns over the past 12 years you can't...and I like having players I really like, like Mikal. Of course I know for 99% it's about that championship. But once you get one then you just want more. It's not like you are done and that's it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:46 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Ayton
KD
Wainwright?
Booker
CP3

Yeah, Warriors did it right. Celtics are doing it right. Memphis, New Orleans, Denver. Yes, you can argue us and the LA teams too but for me it's far more satisfying to watch an organic team with sustainability...even if they may not be quite as good if all things are clicking, which may or may not happen.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:48 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Good luck you guys. I'm very happy with what we received for KD.

Bridges is a fun guy to cheer for. You guys feel loaded with quality players and a young rising star in Cam Thomas. Mikal has been rising as a star a bit himself. But with all the defensive wings and shooting you have, you have like 8 starting caliber players and a bunch of extra unprotected firsts. I'll be watching Brooklyn for sure.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,634

Post#31 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:58 am

Losing CamJ is one thing, but Bridges was improving offensively and is an iron man who never seems to miss a game. In todays NBA that is very rare to see. I’ll truly miss him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:31 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:

I love Mikal and Cam so much ill be rooting for the the nets too. Hope it works out for everyone involved. :D

Same. I hope we all walk away happy.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Bridges is a fun guy to cheer for. You guys feel loaded with quality players and a young rising star in Cam Thomas. Mikal has been rising as a star a bit himself. But with all the defensive wings and shooting you have, you have like 8 starting caliber players and a bunch of extra unprotected firsts. I'll be watching Brooklyn for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Bridges blew me away when we played yall the other night. I said on the Nets board that if he was auditioning for us, he won me over.

I just want to have fun watching the Nets again. I'm pretty happy about how this turned out. Good luck in the playoffs

Seattlesun
Head Coach
And1: 359

Post#34 » by Seattlesun » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:50 am

Ive been rooting for the suns since I was a little boy listening to Al Mccoy describe Alvan Adams work at the high post and Walter Davis dropping middies before middies were cool. Ever since, the suns have had many great teams with great dudes to root for. But what dont they have?

Be careful, the years can fly by rooting for great fun dudes like Kal and Cam with lots of wins and occasional mid playoff runs. One day youll wake up like me and wish just once the Suns had moved all in and won the dam ‘chip. Like they did tonight. Kal is top 10 cool Sun of all time. No one will miss him more than me but this team was never gonna be more than just nice. Now, they could win it all. And that really needs to happen. Now, it can
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#35 » by Frank Lee » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:53 am

I feel a bit gutted. First unlikable Paul was forced into my fandom, and now ring defector KD and his unique drama? Swapping them out for some of my fav suns who were doing pretty damn good ? We had some pretty likable ballplayers at one time. Dario hanging on by a thread

MattyIsh didnt waste anytime playing with his shiney new toy.

Stay tuned.
What ? Me Worry ?
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#36 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:06 am

We HUGELY overpaid and have gutted the team's present and future for a 35 year old with questionable health who is injured right now.

Ishbia sure has made a splash all right. If this isn't "all in" mode,.I don't known what is.

I hate this transaction so very much and it would have been better had thry taken Ayton instead of Bridges.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#37 » by Frank Lee » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:24 am

Nets are huge winners this off season. They rolled the dice with the dramafilled KD/Kyrie/Harden sh**show.it imploded but some how Marks salvaged the team. Not only do they have a pretty solid roster, but a very bright future. Im a bit envious

We on the other hand, put our dicks on the table. The dice we are rollin has expiration dates. Very little residual value. This doesnt pay off, not sure how long i can maintain the support. One by one my pro team passion has left me. Last man standing has but a few years left on his legs

Its sinking in now… fighting off the SkyBilliness*

*referring to your assessment. Trying to like this deal, but initial thoughts are wtf?
What ? Me Worry ?
melocuse15
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#38 » by melocuse15 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:27 am

Losing Bridges hurts, but if you want a top 5 player in the NBA you need to pony up. The way I look at it, the Suns weren’t winning a championship with the current cast of players- last years playoff exit proved that. This trade makes them immediate contenders. The FO is all-in now.

“So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna to down in flames”
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#39 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:28 am

Frank Lee wrote:Nets are huge winners this off season. They rolled the dice with the dramafilled KD/Kyrie/Harden sh**show.it imploded but some how Marks salvaged the team. Not only do they have a pretty solid roster, but a very bright future. Im a bit envious

We on the other hand, put our dicks on the table. The dice we are rollin has expiration dates. Very little residual value. This doesnt pay off, not sure how long i can maintain the support. One by one my pro team passion has left me. Last man standing has but a few years left on his legs

Its sinking in now… fighting off the SkyBilliness
Not exactly sure how to take that to be honest. I always cut out the fluff and drop the hard and bitter reality of things. I'm not always doom and gloom, but this doesn't really move the needle as a net gain for me.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:35 am

melocuse15 wrote:Losing Bridges hurts, but if you want a top 5 player in the NBA you need to pony up. The way I look at it, the Suns weren’t winning a championship with the current cast of players- last years playoff exit proved that. This trade makes them immediate contenders. The FO is all-in now.

“So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna to down in flames”

I feel a big blank space.

Return to Phoenix Suns