ImageImageImage

KD to the Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,144

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#41 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:59 am

For now if healthy this trade helps us...but...

Our future was booker, cam, mikal, ayton

Now it's just Booker and Ayton...

Since we traded our draft picks I'm guessing we are going full free agency to fill the gaps...makes sense since mat is willing to spend money or so he says...

I think our future now is a free agent landing spot and little to no home grown talent.

Gok can find us all the best free agents now instead of draft picks lol
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,144

Post#42 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:04 pm

If our team was healthy this year and number 1 in the west do the suns still do this trade?

We never got to see the full potential of our team imo....
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 311

Post#43 » by Iceman36 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:05 pm

Noooooooooooooo! Just a few days ago I hoped, we won't do something stupid at the trade deadline. And here it is!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Post#44 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:17 pm

Iceman36 wrote:Noooooooooooooo! Just a few days ago I hoped, we won't do something stupid at the trade deadline. And here it is!

Yeah, this trade definitely hurts. I’m sure Suns fans at worst were hoping to lose CamJ and Ayton instead of Cam and Bridges. Mikal was such a workhorse and kept improving on his dribbling and I enjoyed watching him take over a few games recently. He’ll be missed but hopefully he comes back one day which probably won’t happen until 2032 or somewhere around that time.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#45 » by Tha King » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:28 pm

Nets fan here

I know you're taking somewhat of a chance trading far out picks for KD at this stage in his career but this is Kevin Durant - 30ppg on nearly 70% TS with great defense even at this point in his career. He gives you a legit chance to win a championship this season and the next couple years.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#46 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:57 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:We HUGELY overpaid and have gutted the team's present and future for a 35 year old with questionable health who is injured right now.

Ishbia sure has made a splash all right. If this isn't "all in" mode,.I don't known what is.

I hate this transaction so very much and it would have been better had thry taken Ayton instead of Bridges.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

KD’s always been healthy but he has freak injuries. Guys running into his leg, ankle and players falling on top of him. He’s been pretty durable outside of that and the COVID situation.

The last two injuries were nearly identical with someone falling on him. Not sure how he can prevent that.

Trust me, Suns fans will love this when they see how elite his defense, passing and mid range scoring is. He’s going to clean up Ayton’s lack of interior D. He helped turn Claxton into a better defender.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,940

Post#47 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:58 pm

I love the trade.

I voted B in the poll because we gave up too many unprotected picks. One less would have been nice...
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#48 » by King Ken » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:04 pm

sunstrooper wrote:I am truly heartbroken and on the verge of giving up on this team for the first time since I became a fan in '92.
The biggest strength of this team was the chemistry, the joy from playing basketball and the joy from playing with each other and Mikal and Cam were the core guys who brought this attitude and chemistry. An they were traded for what?!?! For a guy, who I actually like, but who is hurt 80% of the time in TJ, and *** KD - a former "star", now a whining diva who cares only for himself (who btw also spends more time in street clothes than on the court). I give it a month before everyone on the team starts caring only for himself and his stats and we will see an epic fail in the playoffs.

Chill, just about most of the nation thinks you won this deal. I think you did well. I never thought you would get KD for Ayton. Bridges was always the guy you wanted if Booker wasn't possible.

While I don't think this is an A, I'll give it the same grade I gave the AD trade. Easy A for 3 seasons, C for 3 more seasons. Mortgaged your future but it made sense.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,136

Post#49 » by handsome salary » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:11 pm

This makes Booker, Ayton and CP3 much more dangerous while adding a top five player. It's an A. Some other decent bench players probably will take less to come here.
The Suns best draft hit in 10 years was at number 13. Draft picks are so hit an miss.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#50 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:17 pm

Glad to know I'm not alone in being scared about this. I get Brooklyn 13/Lakers 12/Current Lakers vibes. We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it turns out ok.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#51 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's a star driven league and KD is one of the all time greats. Going to be fun watching him. You need the best player on the floor to win a championship. This is the ultimate championship or bust move. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

The Pistons and Mavs beg to differ....is Tatum that much better than Book? SA/MIA swapped championships.

Anyway, if healthy, yes, we have a better chance now. Still a ton of teams in the mix. Luka/Kyrie is still a dynamic duo as is AD/LeBron with their new guys and George/Kawhi and that isn't even counting DEN, MEM and the Pelicans when Zion is back.

Even if we are he favorites, it's no better than say a 25% chance. Before the trade today the Celtics were the favorites at 26% chance.
Pistons and Mavs? That's like over a decade ago and that's two examples since like the **** 90s. Oh and the Mavs did have Dirk who was an all time great.

Booker is maybe borderline of the level of guy you need to win a championship, KD is absolutely that guy.

Super duper stars win championships in the NBA. That's just a thing. I understand this is a risky move but the suns absolutely have a better chance at a championship now than they did 24 hrs ago. It's a 2-3 year window.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,136

Post#52 » by handsome salary » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:24 pm

I'M EXCITED!!!!
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 335

Post#53 » by bullsaficianado » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:27 pm

You guys were not going to get KD without giving up significant pieces. I loved watching Mikal play when I watch Suns games and it's tough he's gone but you just got Kevin freaking Durant and kept Ayton. Good trade for both teams and Suns likely still working on a small deal to round out this roster. They also will be key players in the buyout market. KD is a perfect fit with this team.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,100

Post#54 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:29 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's a star driven league and KD is one of the all time greats. Going to be fun watching him. You need the best player on the floor to win a championship. This is the ultimate championship or bust move. I like it.

The Pistons and Mavs beg to differ....is Tatum that much better than Book? SA/MIA swapped championships.

Anyway, if healthy, yes, we have a better chance now. Still a ton of teams in the mix. Luka/Kyrie is still a dynamic duo as is AD/LeBron with their new guys and George/Kawhi and that isn't even counting DEN, MEM and the Pelicans when Zion is back.

Even if we are he favorites, it's no better than say a 25% chance. Before the trade today the Celtics were the favorites at 26% chance.
Pistons and Mavs? That's like over a decade ago and that's two examples since like the **** 90s. Oh and the Mavs did have Dirk who was an all time great.

Booker is maybe borderline of the level of guy you need to win a championship, KD is absolutely that guy.

Super duper stars win championships in the NBA. That's just a thing. I understand this is a risky move but the suns absolutely have a better chance at a championship now than they did 24 hrs ago. It's a 2-3 year window.

Yeah, this trade is super risky. Our '27-'29 draft picks could (should?) be high lotto picks, unless we're able to re-tool around DA and Booker. Hard to replace Paul - even harder to replace Durant.

If we don't win a chip this year or next, that's a big L. Apparently, Ishbia's a gambler.

The only way for Ishbia to keep this squad competitive is to spend boatloads of cash: overpaying players, buying draft picks, signing multiple prospects, taking on salary in trades, using all FA exceptions, huge luxury tax bills... all of it. Because it's not like we can do a quick rebuild once KD expires, since we lack picks. If he meant what he said yesterday - that he wanted success over the long-term - there's no other option.

Whether we succeed or fail, this man's wallet's about to bleed.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,100

Post#55 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:44 pm

bullsaficianado wrote:You guys were not going to get KD without giving up significant pieces. I loved watching Mikal play when I watch Suns games and it's tough he's gone but you just got Kevin freaking Durant and kept Ayton. Good trade for both teams and Suns likely still working on a small deal to round out this roster. They also will be key players in the buyout market. KD is a perfect fit with this team.

All the posters wishing we'd dealt Ayton instead of Mikal are nuts. We wouldn't have a shot at the chip without Ayton in the middle. Keeping him was an absolute must.
alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#56 » by alpha » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:45 pm

I used to like the Suns. But 4 firsts and a couple of talented players for an overaged, injury prone DB like Durant? The NBA owners have lost their minds, but at least 2 of the biggest headcases are in the west now.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#57 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:47 pm

Feels like we went from The Phoenix Suns to The Phoenix On Papers....
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,001

Post#58 » by kennydorglas » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:48 pm

We got fleeced but this is what takes to get KD nowadays.
Unless youre LA who can get stars for nothing, it is what it is.
Lets go KD and hopefully we swang right in this one.

Not going to lie, seeing Mikal go hurts.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
zappenduster
Freshman
And1: 43

Post#59 » by zappenduster » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:52 pm

Can someone tell me how many hours more till deadline? Living in Germany and struggeling a bit with timezones
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#60 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:58 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Feels like we went from The Phoenix Suns to The Phoenix On Papers....

IF HEALTHY.

The worst two words in the NBA

Return to Phoenix Suns