ImageImageImage

KD to the Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,943

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#741 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:23 am

KD is shooting 9.1 FTs per game, his most since his MVP season in 2013-14.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#742 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:35 am

Saberestar wrote:KD is shooting 9.1 FTs per game, his most since his MVP season in 2013-14.

Also shooting a career worst 77%. It's so weird seeing him miss multiple FT's a game. It's only been with the Suns as well. Prior to the Pistons game, he's already missed 12 FT's on 52 attempts compared that to last season where he missed 27 FT's on 334 attempts. Season prior he missed 37 FT's on 409 attempts.

It'll probably normalise but he's never shot below 85% in his career until he joined the Suns. Just super weird

On a similar note, this is his 2nd highest FTr of his career and 2nd highest usage rate as well. He's doing a lot out there
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#743 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:53 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:KD is shooting 9.1 FTs per game, his most since his MVP season in 2013-14.

Also shooting a career worst 77%. It's so weird seeing him miss multiple FT's a game. It's only been with the Suns as well. Prior to the Pistons game, he's already missed 12 FT's on 52 attempts compared that to last season where he missed 27 FT's on 334 attempts. Season prior he missed 37 FT's on 409 attempts.

It'll probably normalise but he's never shot below 85% in his career until he joined the Suns. Just super weird

On a similar note, this is his 2nd highest FTr of his career and 2nd highest usage rate as well. He's doing a lot out there

That was before the last game. He is shooting 81.3% now and it will go up for sure.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#744 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Nov 6, 2023 5:44 pm

Hope Booker and Beal are back soon, KD is overexerting himself again and we've seen how that plays out...
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#745 » by Saberestar » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:42 am

Kevin Durant is still HIM defensively

Here's two minutes of the Slim Reaper disrupting his opponents this season

Read on Twitter

He is a great shot blocker coming from the weak side.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#746 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:19 am

How do they not get in that massive block on Gobert?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#747 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:30 am

pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#748 » by pj0tr » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Wonder if folks are still regretting the KD trade. Hes still a top 5 player RIGHT NOW at age 35.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,091

Post#749 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:53 pm

12 games into the regular season is not gonna change anybodys mind. This trade will be validated (or not) in the playoffs.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#750 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:16 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:12 games into the regular season is not gonna change anybodys mind. This trade will be validated (or not) in the playoffs.

Some minds have already been made up when the trade took place
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#751 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:42 am

Kevin Durant is off to the best start to a season in franchise history.

His 31.4 PPG tops the previous high 13 games in set by Charlie Scott in 1972 at 27.7, per @Stathead. Add on the 7.2 RPG, 5.5 APG and 1.2 BPG on 64.7 TS% and no one comes close to matching those numbers.

Read on Twitter
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#752 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 am

With minimal help and the whole defense geared to defend him.

That shows in his turnovers but that's being picky.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#753 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:04 pm

Old man still has some bad mother **** left in him. Love to see it.

You don't want KD to have to do this the next 70 games but the fact he's got this in him gives me optimism for the 16 games that really matter.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,136

Post#754 » by handsome salary » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:51 pm

KD is the most "unstoppable" scoring threat on the Suns right now. Thank god that ceiling is still very very high.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#755 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Old man still has some bad mother **** left in him. Love to see it.

You don't want KD to have to do this the next 70 games but the fact he's got this in him gives me optimism for the 16 games that really matter.

It’s crazy because watching him, it doesn’t seem like he’s had to do it a lot. Everything comes sooo easy for him. He’s truly one of a kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#756 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:02 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Old man still has some bad mother **** left in him. Love to see it.

It’s crazy because watching him, it doesn’t seem like he’s had to do it a lot. Everything comes sooo easy for him. He’s truly one of a kind.

The reason I was in favor of trading for KD is I strongly believe you need a dude who's simply **** guardable late in games in the playoffs.

When you play the best teams they will play solid D and take away the system stuff. You need a guy or two that can take the ball and beat a good D on talent alone.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#757 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:40 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

The reason I was in favor of trading for KD is I strongly believe you need a dude who's simply **** guardable late in games in the playoffs.

When you play the best teams they will play solid D and take away the system stuff. You need a guy or two that can take the ball and beat a good D on talent alone.

I think that any Nets fan would love to have KD back on their team.

Mikal and Cam Johnson are nice/OK players but they can't be compared with this unbelievable monster.

And Jae Crowder + some low FRPs... those are nothing. That trade is looking better and better because on every game we can appreciate and enjoy his game with a Suns jersey, KD playing ball is a **** piece of art.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Post#758 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm

Saberestar wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:It’s crazy because watching him, it doesn’t seem like he’s had to do it a lot. Everything comes sooo easy for him. He’s truly one of a kind.

Mikal and Cam Johnson are nice/OK players but they can't be compared with this unbelievable monster.

And Jae Crowder + some low FRPs... those are nothing. That trade is looking better and better because on every game we can appreciate and enjoy his game with a Suns jersey, KD playing ball is a **** piece of art.

People keep comparing KD to Mikal and Cam saying he's better. Of course he is. In a straight up swap obviously, but for a rebuilding team, would they prefer him to those two, 4 unprotected firsts, one unprotected swap and 5 seconds? Probably not.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#759 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:The reason I was in favor of trading for KD is I strongly believe you need a dude who's simply **** guardable late in games in the playoffs.

People keep comparing KD to Mikal and Cam saying he's better. Of course he is. In a straight up swap obviously, but for a rebuilding team, would they prefer him to those two, 4 unprotected firsts, one unprotected swap and 5 seconds? Probably not.

They aren't a rebuilding team, they are playing too many veteran players and trying to compete now. They aren't the Pistons or the Blazers.

With Ishbia on board those picks will never be too valuable. And those 2nds are nothing in the big picture. We have plenty of those.

Mikal and Cam Johnson were clearly the biggest assets in the trade and that's why the trade look great for the Suns IMO.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Post#760 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:27 am

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I think that any Nets fan would love to have KD back on their team.

They aren't a rebuilding team, they are playing too many veteran players and trying to compete now. They aren't the Pistons or the Blazers.

With Ishbia on board those picks will never be too valuable. And those 2nds are nothing in the big picture. We have plenty of those.

Mikal and Cam Johnson were clearly the biggest assets in the trade and that's why the trade look great for the Suns IMO.

OK, when I say rebuild I mean they went away from all in now mode to replenish picks they have traded to build their big 3 like we did. So they got a ton from us, some from Dallas, etc.

Who knows how good those picks will be? No one knows. Our team is likely on the decline while most of the west is on the incline. We are one of the older teams along with the LA teams and GS.

Even with our stars playing lights out we are barely pulling out wins.

I hope we improve but I don't know where it comes from. Beal will help if he ever plays but defense might be our biggest problem. This isn't like our team a couple years ago that started 19-3 or something, rolling over people.

Return to Phoenix Suns