ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#141 » by NapoleonII » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:16 pm

I'd still take a coin flip that Beal will be healthy-ish for the playoffs vs. the death and taxes like certainty of Old Man Paul breaking down yet again.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,259

Post#142 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:53 pm

I'm no doc, but from the reports and his problems he might have the same (or something very similar) what I had.- Bulging disc between L4-L5 - the nerve problem and the leg stuff is spot on. That is not good news, but not necessarily tragedy either. If I could get it together in less than a year being in my early forties, and not being an NBA athlete, and not having the cutting edge rehab technology, etc... I think he can be back in a month or so - depending on how far the disc is bulging out.
# waiting for the next chapter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#143 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:57 pm

sunskerr wrote:Looks like Jones and Ish got swindled. No warranty and broken out of the box.

Props to the Wizards. That was maybe the only cheeky thing they've done in the past few years.

Looks like we need Caruso and the rumors make sense. Lets look at the war chest...

Some cobwebs and lint.

All we can do is hope.

Taking Shams at face value that Beal hurt it in training camp then it's more bad luck than any type of swindling.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#144 » by enigmatics » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:42 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Looks like Jones and Ish got swindled. No warranty and broken out of the box.

Props to the Wizards. That was maybe the only cheeky thing they've done in the past few years.

Looks like we need Caruso and the rumors make sense. Lets look at the war chest...

Some cobwebs and lint.

All we can do is hope.

Taking Shams at face value that Beal hurt it in training camp then it's more bad luck than any type of swindling.

That's likely the team feeding Shams those details though.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#145 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:10 pm

enigmatics wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Some cobwebs and lint.

All we can do is hope.

Sure, I take everything said by coaches, GMs, media with a giant grain of salt because there's a ton of PR spin in all of it.

Now the fact they say nothing is showing in an MRI does sound encouraging because something like a bulging disc would show up in that.

Like I was originally saying 'disc issue' is such a vague description I wouldn't read too much into it either way. It's like saying a guy has a 'sore leg'.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,439

Post#146 » by sunskerr » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:19 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Sure, I take everything said by coaches, GMs, media with a giant grain of salt because there's a ton of PR spin in all of it.

Now the fact they say nothing is showing in an MRI does sound encouraging because something like a bulging disc would show up in that.

Like I was originally saying 'disc issue' is such a vague description I wouldn't read too much into it either way. It's like saying a guy has a 'sore leg'.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Yall know me I just like to pile on and have a laugh even if it bends/exaggerates reality :lol:

The thought of Jones and Ish thinking they're masterminds and got themselves a swindle only for them to get an empty box full of packing peanuts in the mail is hilarious, especially in the context of Jones's history giving away picks and players.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#147 » by suns12345 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:27 pm

We can survive with this squads depth a Book/KD for a few months.

We need Beal back a month or two before post season though if we want to have a shot.

I have no issues with the Beal trade either way though, we really did get him for nothing, and the $50m doesn't matter too much cause we're way over the cap anyway (not withstanding some 2nd apron impacts I don't understand :D ).
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,745

Post#148 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:17 pm

Interesting listen and good information from an actual professional in the industry

Dr. Adam Annaccone, UT Arlington Athletic Training Program and former NBA Trainer
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#149 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:21 pm

^^^100% my injury and what my doctors and physios told me - so there is good chance all will be OK in a couple weeks/months... lets not rush him back, but have him do a lot of core excercises from nipples down to all the way of the lower part of the butt. Also streching and McKinsey therapy, and he should be good to go by the xmas games latest.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,638

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:26 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:

Interesting listen and good information from an actual professional in the industry

Dr. Adam Annaccone, UT Arlington Athletic Training Program and former NBA Trainer

When he talks about the movements that cause the type of injury, makes me think of Larry Bird. Hopefully it's not that bad.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#151 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:21 pm

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#152 » by Saberestar » Thu Dec 7, 2023 8:23 pm

Bradley Beal was a full participant in practice but is out tomorrow against the Kings, per Frank Vogel.

Vogel wants to see Beal “stack” practices and respond well prior to a return

Read on Twitter
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#153 » by Bogyo » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:00 am

I hope not too soon - I'd rather have him play only in the new year (or heck, after ASG) and remain healthy, then say back before the Xmas game and be in an out of the lineup all year. These L4-L5 disc type things can take a minute
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#154 » by Saberestar » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:30 pm

Barring any setbacks, Bradley Beal (back) on course to play Tuesday vs. Golden State, sources have told The Republic.

Beal has played in just three games with Phoenix Suns.

Last played Nov. 12 vs. OKC.

Full participant Sunday practice. Averaging 17.3 points this season.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#155 » by Saberestar » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:21 am

Phoenix Suns star Bradley Beal is likely to miss a few weeks with his right ankle injury, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Good news for Beal is testing showed no major ankle damage, but it's another setback for Beal after the scary landing on a Knicks closeout Friday night.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,745

Post#156 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:25 am

Disappointment and frustration so far
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#157 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:11 am

Whoever came up with BBB ( Bad Back Beal) is a genius. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#158 » by sunsbg » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:41 am

Better now than later. Lol
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Post#159 » by dmastro32 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:31 pm

If a player is injured like this on a play I think the person that caused it should have to miss all the games the injured player does.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 823

Post#160 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:42 pm

dmastro32 wrote:If a player is injured like this on a play I think the person that caused it should have to miss all the games the injured player does.

Not at all. It's the game. Not his fault that Beal is made out of glass! Dude just ripped the suns off, and I hope he never plays here. Guy is a scrub due to injuries, and won't be a factor for us.

Return to Phoenix Suns