Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#161 » by sunsbg » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:35 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
dmastro32 wrote:If a player is injured like this on a play I think the person that caused it should have to miss all the games the injured player does.

Not at all. It's the game. Not his fault that Beal is made out of glass! Dude just ripped the suns off, and I hope he never plays here. Guy is a scrub due to injuries, and won't be a factor for us.

There was nothing intentional in DiVincenzo's play indeed. As for Beal if you're Suns fan better hope he plays for the Suns asap being he's on a no-trade 4 year contract and is going nowhere anytime soon.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#162 » by Saberestar » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 pm

INJURY UPDATE: Bradley Beal will miss the next two weeks of play to rehab a right ankle sprain. He will be re-evaluated at the start of January.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#163 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:12 am

Out 2 weeks again. Biggest flop of the year so far
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#164 » by Saberestar » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Bradley Beal working his way back.

Read on Twitter

He looks good, I think he is gonna be back in a week.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#165 » by Bogyo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:33 am

While I was aware his injury history factually before the trade, and I saw it as a warning sign, I honestly did not believe that this could be this shity... I thought that about 10-15 games a year of those were tanking-related "injuries"... maybe they were and we are just sunsy (extremely unlucky, like with KDs ankle sprain last year, or the "clockwork" CP3 second round playoff injury), but man this is fng disgusting dementor-type sht this season
# waiting for the next chapter
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,786

Post#166 » by sunsbum » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:38 am

he twisted his ankle. come on. if youve ever played ball this you'd know this isnt an "injury prone" thing unless its chronic like steph.
I hate this team.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#167 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:45 am

Bogyo wrote:While I was aware his injury history factually before the trade, and I saw it as a warning sign, I honestly did not believe that this could be this shity... I thought that about 10-15 games a year of those were tanking-related "injuries"... maybe they were and we are just sunsy (extremely unlucky, like with KDs ankle sprain last year, or the "clockwork" CP3 second round playoff injury), but man this is fng disgusting dementor-type sht this season

No structural damage in his back. It's already behind him.

And now a simple ankle sprain. 2 weeks is nothing in the big picture.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#168 » by sunsbg » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:29 am

It was clear he'll miss 20+ games, but I didn't expect it to be the case before even 1/3 of the season is reached. It's partially being injury prone, partially bad luck. I'm sure it's frustrating for Book and KD too and has affected the overall team morale.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#169 » by Bogyo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:31 pm

Yep - I know some of these are fluky, but again, this just sucks the life out of any fan, even me after 30+years... can i just watch the team with no drama and injuries for 25 games FFS?!?!? or we are suns fans, we are not allowed to enjoy good things?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#170 » by Saberestar » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:59 am

Bradley Beal hinted at a Christmas return: "I’m going to try to wrap this [ankle] up. In the back of my head, I pray I’m ready for Christmas because my boys love to watch me play...And I’m happy that I have an opportunity to be able to play on Christmas. There’s no better feeling, no better gift than that.

Read on Twitter

He is feeling good about his ankle, even if he finally doesn't play against the Mavs these are good news.

EDIT:
This tweet was inaccurate. Story had Beal saying “wrap,” which to me indicated his ankle. In reality, it seems in this video Beal says “ramp this thing up,” which would mean his recovery.

Video here. Apologies:

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#171 » by Saberestar » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:11 pm

Bradley Beal over the last 4 games:

23.0 PPG
4.5 RPG
4.0 APG
53% FG

Read on Twitter
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#172 » by sunskerr » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:50 pm

looks very good so far. very pleased with his last few games. still think we didnt need to give up the 2nd rounders for him because washington wanted out and he had a NTC. but jones usually gets boned when it comes down to sticking it out. if he is healthy this is way better for us than old man paul.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#173 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:10 am

Bogyo
Analyst

Post#174 » by Bogyo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:34 am

sunskerr wrote:looks very good so far. very pleased with his last few games. still think we didnt need to give up the 2nd rounders for him because washington wanted out and he had a NTC. but jones usually gets boned when it comes down to sticking it out. if he is healthy this is way better for us than old man paul.

Spot on - on all accounts. JJ stuff I won't get into, if someone will, there is written evidence around here of me disliking his shortcomings in every trade since he made his first trade for us (or for the opposing team if you look at it that way :) )

As for Beal - out of our 3 stars he seems to play the right way, and with passion and effort, and trying to do the right thing. I mean: either take it to the hole after an agressive cut or a purposeful drive, or shoot a 3. Very little of this slowdown iso bullcrap "middy" "in my bag" (boy, do I hate those slangs, its just fake and lazy trying to be cool, but sounding like an arrogant douche through and through). Furthermore Beal looks to be the right personnality too - his interviews are a breath of fresh air after the generic bs that KD and Book cough up to the media after every game. Beal is thoughtful, arcitulate, and honest as I see it now. Just the attitude this team needs - and desperatley needs right now! His spirits seem to raise the others around him, vocal enough on the court too (while not chewing out the "Metu's" of this team for an error that he regularly makes - yes I'm looking at Booker).
All in all, I am really happy he is on this team - he could save our season, as his 2 co-stars are pretty crap if you are looking beyond the counting stats, and into the shot selection, the defense, the attitude, etc...

Yes, his contract seems bad - but I bet that when the new TV money comes in, and the new extension teams come in it won't really matter - or at least shouldn't. All previous owners will be making a one-off of 250-300 mio on the extension alone. That will happen in 1-3 years. New TV deal is around the corner. I think salaries will double in the next 5 years, and owners have a "free" year as extension will pay for one year of salaries with any team.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#175 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:50 pm

Bogyo wrote:
sunskerr wrote:looks very good so far. very pleased with his last few games. still think we didnt need to give up the 2nd rounders for him because washington wanted out and he had a NTC. but jones usually gets boned when it comes down to sticking it out. if he is healthy this is way better for us than old man paul.

Spot on - on all accounts. JJ stuff I won't get into, if someone will, there is written evidence around here of me disliking his shortcomings in every trade since he made his first trade for us (or for the opposing team if you look at it that way :) )

As for Beal - out of our 3 stars he seems to play the right way, and with passion and effort, and trying to do the right thing. I mean: either take it to the hole after an agressive cut or a purposeful drive, or shoot a 3. Very little of this slowdown iso bullcrap "middy" "in my bag" (boy, do I hate those slangs, its just fake and lazy trying to be cool, but sounding like an arrogant douche through and through). Furthermore Beal looks to be the right personnality too - his interviews are a breath of fresh air after the generic bs that KD and Book cough up to the media after every game. Beal is thoughtful, arcitulate, and honest as I see it now. Just the attitude this team needs - and desperatley needs right now! His spirits seem to raise the others around him, vocal enough on the court too (while not chewing out the "Metu's" of this team for an error that he regularly makes - yes I'm looking at Booker).
All in all, I am really happy he is on this team - he could save our season, as his 2 co-stars are pretty crap if you are looking beyond the counting stats, and into the shot selection, the defense, the attitude, etc...

Yes, his contract seems bad - but I bet that when the new TV money comes in, and the new extension teams come in it won't really matter - or at least shouldn't. All previous owners will be making a one-off of 250-300 mio on the extension alone. That will happen in 1-3 years. New TV deal is around the corner. I think salaries will double in the next 5 years, and owners have a "free" year as extension will pay for one year of salaries with any team.

Totally agree with Beal. For a while he was a bit passive, but I like that he plays the right way and has more of an infectious likable personality.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#176 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:39 pm

He's looking more like himself, but I still feel he's too good a scorer to be a 3rd banana on offense. People didn't watch the Wizards but Beal is an absolutely elite 3 level scorer, dare I say it his peak as a scorer is above what Book has put up for a full season. Seeing him catch a cold in the corner watching KD/Book dribble is just such a waste, I haven't checked his usage rate this season but it won't surprise me if it's at Austin Reaves levels or lower.

Unfortunately that's a roster construction issue, so we'll have to play this out and whether he's able to adjust.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#177 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:45 pm

Bogyo wrote:

Good point on his contract, I'd be interested to see how the new TV deal affects the luxury tax thresholds and the aprons. Getting below that 2nd apron and away from the restrictions that's associated with it is going to be huge for our flexibility going forward.

And on his contract, if he's getting 1st or 2nd option level usage I don't think he's overpaid at all. He's elite at the most valuable skill in bball(scoring).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#178 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:46 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:He's looking more like himself, but I still feel he's too good a scorer to be a 3rd banana on offense. People didn't watch the Wizards but Beal is an absolutely elite 3 level scorer, dare I say it his peak as a scorer is above what Book has put up for a full season. Seeing him catch a cold in the corner watching KD/Book dribble is just such a waste, I haven't checked his usage rate this season but it won't surprise me if it's at Austin Reaves levels or lower.

Unfortunately that's a roster construction issue, so we'll have to play this out and whether he's able to adjust.

Beal is shooting over 55% from 2 and over 42% from 3, with over a 60% TS%. He's better from 2 than either KD or Book this year. HIs eFG% is right behind KD at 57.3% while Book's is 54%. They are about the same on TS% because Beal has struggled a bit at the line and Book beats him by a bit there...89% to 76%.

Beal and Book have been very similar throughout their careers. I don't understand the huge difference in what people say, like 1 is an MVP candidate and the other is awful....they will make the same next year. People say Beal's is the worst contract is the league. Does that mean Book's will be too next year?

Book has averaged more assists this year, but also more turnovers. Book seems worse at allowing himself to get trapped too and not moving the ball before that happens.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#179 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:He's looking more like himself, but I still feel he's too good a scorer to be a 3rd banana on offense. People didn't watch the Wizards but Beal is an absolutely elite 3 level scorer, dare I say it his peak as a scorer is above what Book has put up for a full season. Seeing him catch a cold in the corner watching KD/Book dribble is just such a waste, I haven't checked his usage rate this season but it won't surprise me if it's at Austin Reaves levels or lower.

Beal is shooting over 55% from 2 and over 42% from 3, with over a 60% TS%. He's better from 2 than either KD or Book this year. HIs eFG% is right behind KD at 57.3% while Book's is 54%. They are about the same on TS% because Beal has struggled a bit at the line and Book beats him by a bit there...89% to 76%.

Beal and Book have been very similar throughout their careers. I don't understand the huge difference in what people say, like 1 is an MVP candidate and the other is awful....they will make the same next year. People say Beal's is the worst contract is the league. Does that mean Book's will be too next year?

Book has averaged more assists this year, but also more turnovers. Book seems worse at allowing himself to get trapped too and not moving the ball before that happens.

Beal's deal (and Book's upcoming one) will be bad if you're letting them play a role that Austin Reaves can play. There is nothing wrong with Beal the player, guy made all-NBA on the Washington Wizards that is a 10.0 degree of difficulty
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#180 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:59 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Beal's deal (and Book's upcoming one) will be bad if you're letting them play a role that Austin Reaves can play. There is nothing wrong with Beal the player, guy made all-NBA on the Washington Wizards that is a 10.0 degree of difficulty

I agree, but with injury concerns it's nice to have a third main guy. Plus, you really could stagger them in a way where each plays 32 minutes where 2 of them are on the court, and then in crunch times, and maybe a few minutes to start and to end games they all play together. It would prevent us having to go with all bench lineups or just one star with the bench.

Return to Phoenix Suns