Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#21 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:59 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Ishibia is a god.

Tall about making a splash. We basically gave up nothing for Beal since Shamet has negative value.

Our top 4 is absolutely ridiculous. I don't worry about roster spots 5-10 with a full offseason to come. Those roster spots will sort themselves out, one dimensional guys, scrubby athletic defenders and ring chasers are everywhere and will jump on a min deal from a contender
Said the Nets and the Clippers.

We already went all in with the KD trade. There was no backtracking from there on.

Can't see how you can be mad with this trade since we gave up nothing. This move improves our title chances next season and is insurance for future seasons if KD falls off due to age.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#22 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:00 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Ishibia is a god.

Tall about making a splash. We basically gave up nothing for Beal since Shamet has negative value.

Our top 4 is absolutely ridiculous. I don't worry about roster spots 5-10 with a full offseason to come. Those roster spots will sort themselves out, one dimensional guys, scrubby athletic defenders and ring chasers are everywhere and will jump on a min deal from a contender
Said the Nets and the Clippers.

We already went all in with the KD trade. There was no backtracking from there on.

Can't see how you can be mad with this trade since we gave up nothing. This move improves our title chances next season and is insurance for future seasons if KD falls off due to age.
This single trade? No. This whole roster? Another story.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#23 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:06 am

Only thing is can Bradley Beal run the offense for 35 minutes.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#24 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:11 am

Getting back a young athlete under contract for 2 seasons. Not nothing

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#25 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:Wow I'm shocked we got him for that. Gives me extended hope for the post KD era too. I would have loved this deal even without the KD deal to have those two guys, Bridges, Cam and even Ayton (or anyone at C). Of course either way this might be the best most unexpected deal I remember us making. We basically gave up nothing, though GoK REALLY is going to have slim pickins on even 2nd rounders now.
I don't think Beal forces his way here without the KD trade. Just like I don't think the KD trade happens without the CP trade and the suns proving they could be good. Hell the CP trade probably never happens had they not signed Rubio and proved they could be decent. It's a butterfly effect league.

So with all that said what really started it was trading Warren plus a second rounder for space to get Rubio. :) Everyone's favorite trade

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,314

Post#26 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:19 am

Goodwin is a solid get. Young player with promise and a good defender with an improving shot.

Also, best part, I get to repurpose my Archie jersey
Spoiler:
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#27 » by LukasBMW » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:26 am

So do we run Beal/Booker @ 1 and 2? Or are we running Beal/Booker/KD/Ayton at 2/3/4/5 and finding another starting PG?
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#28 » by Jimmy Forums » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:39 am

LukasBMW wrote:So do we run Beal/Booker @ 1 and 2? Or are we running Beal/Booker/KD/Ayton at 2/3/4/5 and finding another starting PG?

I would think the best use of all these guys would be to have the scorers at 2/3/4 with another ball distributor available at all times. But Booker has proven to be an effective PG when he's in that mode. What do Suns fans prefer there?

This is why I think Ayton needs to get flipped for a "downgrade" at C -- just a simple hustling, rebounding, defending type -- in tandem with a serviceable PG.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,292

Post#29 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:13 am

I found Bradley’s draft day photo

He went by Huggy Beal back then
What ? Me Worry ?
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#30 » by Moochthemonkey » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:29 am

Yikes. I wouldn't have traded Corpse Paul for Beal straight up. Not saying they are equal in value just don't see how he and his high usage rate and FGA fits this team unless it's as a sixth man. Beal is a pedestrian 3PT shooter, worse defender, passer, and floor general and pretty much locks the salary cap for the next few years. But maybe that was irrelevant anyway with already having three max players.

This is the exact opposite of what the Lakers did with Westbrook. They got a hell of haul and DEPTH for his expiring contract, and went from a bottom dweller to contender in a few months.

By virtue of having a healthy Durant will put you in some degree of contention status, but I think it's more likely to implode the team than not.

I give the trade a D. Refreshing in some light but not liking Ishbia's 3 big moves so far. At the least the first two made sense.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#31 » by Moochthemonkey » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:31 am

Mr Puddles wrote:Goodwin is a solid get. Young player with promise and a good defender with an improving shot.

the ultimate question is why do you have an Archie Goodwin jersey to begin with
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#32 » by sunsbg » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:06 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Wow I'm shocked we got him for that. Gives me extended hope for the post KD era too. I would have loved this deal even without the KD deal to have those two guys, Bridges, Cam and even Ayton (or anyone at C). Of course either way this might be the best most unexpected deal I remember us making. We basically gave up nothing, though GoK REALLY is going to have slim pickins on even 2nd rounders now.
I don't think Beal forces his way here without the KD trade. Just like I don't think the KD trade happens without the CP trade and the suns proving they could be good. Hell the CP trade probably never happens had they not signed Rubio and proved they could be decent. It's a butterfly effect league.

So with all that said what really started it was trading Warren plus a second rounder for space to get Rubio. :) Everyone's favorite trade

Drafting DA was the start of it all. With Doncic there is no Rubio. :lol:

Seriously though, that's why I never got that bothered for missing on Luka unlike many others here. Knew some other great players will join Booker at some point and while not completely sure about the fit with Booker, Beal is still a better off-ball player than Luka.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#33 » by DRK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:17 am

The amount of open looks Beal will get as the 3rd option.... Dude might shoot 55% from three this season.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,642

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:16 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
I would feel great is we still had Mikal/Cam and some of our 1sts.

Yeah, had we made this trade for our backcourt with Mikal and Cam still and our firsts we'd be sitting real pretty for a long time.

We may be anyway, but that team would be a lot of fun and a great chemistry/glue guy/defensive/efficient guy like Bridges is perfect with Booker/Beal.

I just hope we can stay healthy with what we have.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,642

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:34 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

I think Beal would have been happy to do it with or without the KD trade. It's a contender. We had already made the finals and won 64. I think this has more to do with Ishbia, the new CEO, etc.

I definitely don't think KD comes without Paul though. He's not even close to Paul I don't think but we were not really even on the map and despite having the relationship with Book I don't see it without Paul.

Anyway, as is, we just have to hope with KD time and health are on our side (and hopefully he is a little more efficient in future playoff series than he was against the Nuggets). Needs to win one without that Warriors squad to really shed that "Mr Unreliable" nickname he got in OKC in the playoffs (and not because of injury).
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,314

Post#36 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:01 am

Moochthemonkey wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:Goodwin is a solid get. Young player with promise and a good defender with an improving shot.

So that I have something to wear when my Jake Tsakalidis jersey is in the washing machine, duh.
Spoiler:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#37 » by sunsbg » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:27 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
Moochthemonkey wrote:

So that I have something to wear when my Jake Tsakalidis jersey is in the washing machine, duh.

LOL Tsakalidis. That's the one time I thought there is a more talented C (Priest Lauderdale) playing for my favorite local team than my NBA team.

At least we don't get our hopes high for this Goodwin to become a star. Until he scores 17ppg in a summer league/preseason. :lol:
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,815

Post#38 » by Qwigglez » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:02 am

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#39 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

I think Beal would have been happy to do it with or without the KD trade. It's a contender. We had already made the finals and won 64. I think this has more to do with Ishbia, the new CEO, etc.

I definitely don't think KD comes without Paul though. He's not even close to Paul I don't think but we were not really even on the map and despite having the relationship with Book I don't see it without Paul.

Anyway, as is, we just have to hope with KD time and health are on our side (and hopefully he is a little more efficient in future playoff series than he was against the Nuggets). Needs to win one without that Warriors squad to really shed that "Mr Unreliable" nickname he got in OKC in the playoffs (and not because of injury).

In addition to making us a better team, I always thought when an elder statesmen, future HOFer and widely respect player like CP3 chose to come to a team that hadn't even made playoffs, that alone brought a ton of legitimacy. He didn't get to choose to go to OKC but he choose to come to Phoenix and that's a big stamp of approval imo.

Helping us turn into a contender was a real bonus.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jay81
Starter
And1: 487

Post#40 » by Jay81 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 am

DRK wrote:The amount of open looks Beal will get as the 3rd option.... Dude might shoot 55% from three this season.
Lol beal isn't a good 3 point shooter

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Return to Phoenix Suns