Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#41 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:25 am

Jay81 wrote:
DRK wrote:The amount of open looks Beal will get as the 3rd option.... Dude might shoot 55% from three this season.
Lol beal isn't a good 3 point shooter

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Beal is a great 3p shooter but his percentages hasn't been that good because he has always been the first option on offense for his team.

Just imagine him as a third option. He will be unfair.
SUN
Lead Assistant
And1: 866

Post#42 » by SUN » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:31 am

just happy that 42 year old, 93 pound Kevin Durant won't be needed out there in the playoffs 40 minutes a night anymore. also can we sign john wall? just for the memes
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#43 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Wow I'm shocked we got him for that. Gives me extended hope for the post KD era too. I would have loved this deal even without the KD deal to have those two guys, Bridges, Cam and even Ayton (or anyone at C). Of course either way this might be the best most unexpected deal I remember us making. We basically gave up nothing, though GoK REALLY is going to have slim pickins on even 2nd rounders now.
I don't think Beal forces his way here without the KD trade. Just like I don't think the KD trade happens without the CP trade and the suns proving they could be good. Hell the CP trade probably never happens had they not signed Rubio and proved they could be decent. It's a butterfly effect league.

So with all that said what really started it was trading Warren plus a second rounder for space to get Rubio. :) Everyone's favorite trade

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I think Beal would have been happy to do it with or without the KD trade. It's a contender. We had already made the finals and won 64. I think this has more to do with Ishbia, the new CEO, etc.

I definitely don't think KD comes without Paul though. He's not even close to Paul I don't think but we were not really even on the map and despite having the relationship with Book I don't see it without Paul.

Anyway, as is, we just have to hope with KD time and health are on our side (and hopefully he is a little more efficient in future playoff series than he was against the Nuggets). Needs to win one without that Warriors squad to really shed that "Mr Unreliable" nickname he got in OKC in the playoffs (and not because of injury).

Prepare yourself to be surprised. It is about Book and Paul being out is no coincidence. They called him snake in Bay area for a reason. Chain of commands and common sense is not KD's strong suit. We learned it hard way later.

Ishbia and Beal has connections. Beal always wants to be in a place he's more comfortable with, winning doesn't look to be his priority.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#44 » by sunsbg » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Jay81 wrote:
DRK wrote:The amount of open looks Beal will get as the 3rd option.... Dude might shoot 55% from three this season.

Beal is a great 3p shooter but his percentages hasn't been that good because he has always been the first option on offense for his team.

Expecting more from both Book and Beal from long range. Both have a pure looking shot and one was 3pt contest champion, the other finalist. With more open shots because of all the space they will create for each other I hope all three Suns stars can get to 40+, 50%+ is unrealistic.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,106

Post#45 » by garrick » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:46 pm

If we got the in prime Bradley Beal that was averaging 30 ppg I would be thrilled but Beal hasn't been that player in quite some time.

Ishbia is gambling Beal can stay healthy and return his to his high scoring ways but historically trying to assemble super teams with aging stars typically have not ended up well e.g. the Barkley let Houston Rockets team or the KD & Paul Pierce Nets or even the KD, Kyrie and Harden Nets.

There are way more cons to this deal lets just hope the basketball gods are kind and don't bestow any injuries on the 3 stars...
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#46 » by JKiddy » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:03 pm

sunskerr wrote:
JKiddy wrote:Guys I come in peace. But, many others will not as this will be seen as a bush league move.

The trade is heavily lopsided (the NBA might have to look into it further). Beal's agent and the PHX CEO are father and son. I think it will still go through. But, I would be very careful thinking a title will be coming automatically.

It's not lopsided. They are getting out of a player who hasn't been at his peak for 2ish seasons on a long contract where the final year is $57m! Bradley Beal did not average ~30 ppg last year but only 23.

It is lopsided. It might not be as lopsided as everyone is freaking out it is. The entire world now wants to set PHX on fire for "cheating" here.

I honestly think this trade is going to hurt both teams. It will hurt PHX in 2 years and WAS today. But, WAS will be better off in 2 seasons when their rebuild starts to take shape. PHX has no picks for almost a decade if I am understanding their deals with the Nets and now the Wizards.

It is now or never for them. These next 2 seasons it's all in. I have never seen anything like this in 30 years of following the league closely.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#47 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:17 pm

I'm thinking we should play a defensive PG and C and allow the big 3 just to score.

The dream would be Marcus Smart and Robert Williams we have no weaknesses at all in that starting 5.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,640

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:31 pm

We need Book/Beal at guard, and then get a 3 and 5 or 4 and 5 for Ayton. Unless we can get a big defensive PG who can shoot, size and defense is more important. We have plenty of passing and shooting but need toughness and defense. Hopefully another guy who can hit the 3 at 3 or 4 and a defensive rim protecting rebounding big. Ability to hit 3 would be nice too but that is asking too much.

But if we can just get a solid C AND a decent starting PG or 3/4 for Ayton, that works. Ayton's skill set and the value he does bring when he is on is usually getting buckets at a high % (yes, even if he's not creating, he is an outlet to hit 60-70%) but he will get no shots with these guys.

He's obviously not a guy you want to pay that (and hope) he just focuses solely on defense, rebounding, rim protection, etc.

The only reason is injury insurance and gravity, and the fact we know he CAN defend, rebound, score efficiently, etc...so if there isn't a decent deal, maybe we see what Vogel does with him. His teams have usually been big. His best teams have been pretty big with Hibbert, West, George and AD, LeBron and the Howard/McGee tandem.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#49 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Some of this will be determined by who's available to add to the roster but I they can get away with either starting a PG or a Wing as the 5th guy with the big 3 plus Ayton (or a different C).

What's important is they have players where they can play crunch time either way depending on the opponent.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#50 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:34 pm

I won't deny Beal has injury history but at least some of the narrative is disingenuous.

'19-20: COVID-shortened, played 57/72 games
'20-21: COVID, played 60/72
'21-22: Season-ending wrist surgery, misses final 32 games
'22-23: 50/82, but shut down for final 10 games to tank

Not naive enough to ask for 82 games here (which, by the way, he did in '17-18 and '18-19!)

Can you get 65? 65 would be a really good outcome in my opinion

He and Book have some of the same lingering hamstring issues, which can continue to nag guys.

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#51 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:21 pm

Question if Beal was playing Shamets minutes against Denver does it play out differently? I'd still give it to Denver, it felt like their year, but I don't think it's 100%. We saw the one game that Shamet got going how even that one extra guy made this group really really hard to defend.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#52 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:46 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Question if Beal was playing Shamets minutes against Denver does it play out differently? I'd still give it to Denver, it felt like their year, but I don't think it's 100%. We saw the one game that Shamet got going how even that one extra guy made this group really really hard to defend.

Bradley Beal for Shamet in this past playoffs? We would have won the championship IMO.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#53 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:48 pm

“You mean to tell me this is the best you can get for Bradley Beal when Rudy Gobert just got 5 first-round picks?… This could arguably be the worst trade I've ever seen."

Chandler Parsons says the Wizards got FLEECED by the Suns
(via @FanDuelTV)

Read on Twitter
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#54 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:29 pm

garrick wrote:If we got the in prime Bradley Beal that was averaging 30 ppg I would be thrilled but Beal hasn't been that player in quite some time.

Ishbia is gambling Beal can stay healthy and return his to his high scoring ways but historically trying to assemble super teams with aging stars typically have not ended up well e.g. the Barkley let Houston Rockets team or the KD & Paul Pierce Nets or even the KD, Kyrie and Harden Nets.

There are way more cons to this deal lets just hope the basketball gods are kind and don't bestow any injuries on the 3 stars...

Aging.. Beal is 29...
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#55 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:40 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
garrick wrote:If we got the in prime Bradley Beal that was averaging 30 ppg I would be thrilled but Beal hasn't been that player in quite some time.

Aging.. Beal is 29...
Yeah some perspective, Beal is basically only 3 yrs older than Bridges and Johnson.

spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#56 » by spanishninja » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:58 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Question if Beal was playing Shamets minutes against Denver does it play out differently? I'd still give it to Denver, it felt like their year, but I don't think it's 100%. We saw the one game that Shamet got going how even that one extra guy made this group really really hard to defend.

we would have won game 2 for sure because we would have had more options on offense than Booker basically having to do everything for us. had we been up 3-2 instead of down 2-3, we would have had the swagger to win game 6. As for game 4, Beal would have at least matched Shamet's once-a-season lucky game. Beal has averaged 21/4/5 on 60% TS against the Nuggets for his career (counting his pre-allstar years).
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#57 » by DRK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:54 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Jay81 wrote:

According to Sportrac he's a 40% three point shooter off catch and shoot 3's for his career.... being the 1st option on offence. yeah I think he'll be pretty handy playing next to Booker and Durant.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#58 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:49 am

A lot of you guys forget that two seasons ago y’all were talking about Bradley Beal being a better player than Devin Booker. The fact the Suns got him for free is pretty crazy.

I know the Suns depth is a huge concern but the offseason hasn’t even started. I understand the Suns are pretty tied up financially, but let’s give it time to see how the rest of the roster plays out. I’m super excited for this upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#59 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:17 am

DRK wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Jay81 wrote:Lol beal isn't a good 3 point shooter

According to Sportrac he's a 40% three point shooter off catch and shoot 3's for his career.... being the 1st option on offence. yeah I think he'll be pretty handy playing next to Booker and Durant.

yeah dude's 3PT% tanked when he became the man and had to create his own shot with a lot of pull ups. Not great high% shots but no one else on that team could create. On the Suns, he'll probably see fewer doubles than ever
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,148

Post#60 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:44 am

ive always liked beal...kinda went to waste with the wizards...I think he will find new love for the game surrounded by booker and KD Expect good things.

Return to Phoenix Suns