ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#61 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:14 am

I'll take Beal and his contract over the sign and trade names like Kyrie, Harden, Russell that were thrown out with the suns.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,743

Post#62 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:24 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'll take Beal and his contract over the sign and trade names like Kyrie, Harden, Russell that were thrown out with the suns.

We also would get hard capped by a s&t
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#63 » by Saberestar » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:09 am

I have always been a fan of Bradley Beal, he has played some outstanding games against the Suns.

For most of their careers I have valued Beal over Booker, that changed last year but they are pretty close in my mind.

Beal is an all-around player that excells at scoring but he can do it all. Some people are gonna be surprised about his intangibles, athleticism and his basketball IQ.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#64 » by Saberestar » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:33 pm

NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#65 » by NapoleonII » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:59 am

Very excited.

Clean cut away from the CP3 era and we get a freaking all-star?

Loving the ownership's gutsy moves and determination to improve.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#66 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:15 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
garrick wrote:If we got the in prime Bradley Beal that was averaging 30 ppg I would be thrilled but Beal hasn't been that player in quite some time.

Ishbia is gambling Beal can stay healthy and return his to his high scoring ways but historically trying to assemble super teams with aging stars typically have not ended up well e.g. the Barkley let Houston Rockets team or the KD & Paul Pierce Nets or even the KD, Kyrie and Harden Nets.

There are way more cons to this deal lets just hope the basketball gods are kind and don't bestow any injuries on the 3 stars...

Aging.. Beal is 29...

Just to put it in perspective, Cam Johnson is 27.

Love the trade and the player. And no more Shamet!
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,104

Post#67 » by garrick » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:16 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
garrick wrote:If we got the in prime Bradley Beal that was averaging 30 ppg I would be thrilled but Beal hasn't been that player in quite some time.

Ishbia is gambling Beal can stay healthy and return his to his high scoring ways but historically trying to assemble super teams with aging stars typically have not ended up well e.g. the Barkley let Houston Rockets team or the KD & Paul Pierce Nets or even the KD, Kyrie and Harden Nets.

There are way more cons to this deal lets just hope the basketball gods are kind and don't bestow any injuries on the 3 stars...

Aging.. Beal is 29...

Well Beal is almost 30 (June 28) and Cam is not getting anywhere near the max let alone the supermax with a no trade clause.

If you asked me if I wanted Cam on the supermax I would have the exact same objection.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Post#68 » by Qwigglez » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:33 am

Saberestar wrote:
I won't deny Beal has injury history but at least some of the narrative is disingenuous.

'19-20: COVID-shortened, played 57/72 games
'20-21: COVID, played 60/72
'21-22: Season-ending wrist surgery, misses final 32 games
'22-23: 50/82, but shut down for final 10 games to tank

Not naive enough to ask for 82 games here (which, by the way, he did in '17-18 and '18-19!)

Can you get 65? 65 would be a really good outcome in my opinion

He and Book have some of the same lingering hamstring issues, which can continue to nag guys.

Read on Twitter

This needs to be highlighted. I am not overly concerned about Beal's injury history. Give him 32-33 minutes a game and he should be fine. Same with Booker and KD. There is no need for these guys to be playing 36 minutes a night in the regular season.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#69 » by Saberestar » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 am

garrick wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Aging.. Beal is 29...

Well Beal is almost 30 (June 28) and Cam is not getting anywhere near the max let alone the supermax with a no trade clause.

If you asked me if I wanted Cam on the supermax I would have the exact same objection.

Cam Johnson is a MUCH worse player than Beal. Isn't that relevant?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#70 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:22 pm

Saberestar wrote:
garrick wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Just to put it in perspective, Cam Johnson is 27.

Cam Johnson is a MUCH worse player than Beal. Isn't that relevant?
Also with how bad this FA class looks I wouldn't be shocked if Cam got an eye popping contract.

Had the suns kept Cam it would have been a huge mistake not resigning him last summer.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#71 » by sunskerr » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:18 pm

garrick wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Aging.. Beal is 29...

"aging" isnt necessarily about the actual age. ex you wouldn't say Nash was aging at 32...It's about the apparent peak and subsequent decline of a player. For whatever reasons (usually health) this can be observed in younger players, or before players hit their mid 30s. Lesser players (role players and all stars who arent top tier) can also experience a decline earlier than the mid 30s more often than superstars because they don't have the incredible skill to buoy their decline. Like for example (unfortunately) Torrey Craig would be an example, or Terrence Ross. Clear cut peaks a few years ago now tailing off in their early 30s in the long term advanced stats.

When it comes to Beal, there are some warning signs, namely his health. And you look at the DARKO progression and there is somewhat of a small decline (if you look at the slope of the line its not very steep at all from ~4 years ago, but its there). So there's some concerns, but he's at an age where if he can get back to health then his actual production (not taking into account the contract) should be more in line with his expected age (where he should be in his prime). But technically yes you could say he is "aging", but perhaps "declining" would be more accurate for cases like this.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#72 » by BobbieL » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:36 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'll take Beal and his contract over the sign and trade names like Kyrie, Harden, Russell that were thrown out with the suns.

100%. Also you noted the Dame Lillard contract. His might be worse as he is older

Two names made sense for a sign and trade to me with Ayton - Kuzma plus other players and maybe Draymond. I just thought Dray with Book and KD would be excellent.

I am good with Beal. Think he will be a solid fit
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Post#73 » by Qwigglez » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:31 pm

Suns twitter official

Read on Twitter
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#74 » by sunskerr » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:28 pm

Glad to have him here. 3rd creator is a bit wild but given how good the Nets looked in 2021 before they got hit by the injury blitz it might be for the best especially in the playoffs when defense and physicality grind sets to a halt.

Any other examples of three explicit shot creators on a team? Nets...That's it? Warriors had two of their big four in KD and Steph. Maybe the Rockets in 2018ish come closest with Paul/Harden and Gordon off the bench. Last year's Clippers with Norman Powell but they are always injured.

Hmm, feel like I'm missing out on something obvious here. But its 3 pm on a Saturday and I just woke up getting ready for a run :lol:

Beal I think will be spending the off season making sure he's fully healthy. His financials are secure and this is the first time in his life he is playing for a championship.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#75 » by Saberestar » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:43 pm

Arrival in The Valley

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#76 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:45 pm

sunskerr wrote:Glad to have him here. 3rd creator is a bit wild but given how good the Nets looked in 2021 before they got hit by the injury blitz it might be for the best especially in the playoffs when defense and physicality grind sets to a halt.

Any other examples of three explicit shot creators on a team? Nets...That's it? Warriors had two of their big four in KD and Steph. Maybe the Rockets in 2018ish come closest with Paul/Harden and Gordon off the bench. Last year's Clippers with Norman Powell but they are always injured.

Hmm, feel like I'm missing out on something obvious here. But its 3 pm on a Saturday and I just woke up getting ready for a run

Beal I think will be spending the off season making sure he's fully healthy. His financials are secure and this is the first time in his life he is playing for a championship.
I need to actually see it on the court but of all the concerns (money, health, who's defending PGs) I think offensive fit is far down or off my list. All three of these guys have and can play off the ball. KD and Booker are comfortable and good as the screener in P&Rs so they can get creative with different looks. I think CP is actually a harder offensive fit because when he was off the ball teams were leaving him, hard to do that with Beal.

I also suspect Beal will be fully bought into the 3rd guy role. He wanted to come here and knows what he's getting into. I imagine he's at a point in his career where individual stuff is starting to take a back seat to winning.

I also think Beal helps save KD wear and tear. KD is still capable of taking over but you don't want to depend on that in some random January game. Him used more as a spot up shooter could help save him for when they need it in the spring.

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#77 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:59 am

A class act from the first minute he came to D.C. A great player. A better person. Did work in the community without seeking attention. I appreciate anyone as loyal to the District as Brad was. But happy he's going to get his chance on the big stage, on a true contender.

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#78 » by Saberestar » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:34 pm

Looking like Bradley Beal's introductory press conference will be Thursday afternoon at Footprint Center.

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#79 » by Saberestar » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:15 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,743

Post#80 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:00 am

I do like that he mentioned working more on his catch and shoots. Dude knows his role
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns